[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

27 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That's a no, sir. ;)

Hmm... I wonder if that's why my performance has been so bad of late... and whether it coincides with GPP renaming Gael to Kerbin in the configs :o

I'm attempting to utilize Spectra with the various Galileo mods, and I think I have an EVE config conflict.  Is there a way I can disable the GPP configs - for the Stock planets only - in order to give the Spectra configs precedence?

I'm running KSP 1.4.3 with EVE 1.4.2.2.  I followed the directions to do a clean KSP install with GPP, GPP Secondary, then added GEP and Galileo's OPM.  All the planets come out correctly, and with EVE installed, the GPP and GEP planets get clouds, but Kerbin only gets a cloudless blue glow.  Adding Scatterer makes things worse, as the sky blacks out in the Space Center View and the planet gets blacked out in the Tracking Station View, so I'm forgoing that for the moment.

When I add Spectra, there's no change to Kerbin.  I can see in the EVE editor interface that there are two sets of various configs, with GPP and Spectra paths, and it looks like it's defaulting to GPP.  I don't know much about the editor, but I attempted to select Spectra path names and hit "Apply" with no visible effect.

Any suggestions?

3 minutes ago, KSPrynk said:

I'm attempting to utilize Spectra with the various Galileo mods, and I think I have an EVE config conflict.  Is there a way I can disable the GPP configs - for the Stock planets only - in order to give the Spectra configs precedence?

I'm running KSP 1.4.3 with EVE 1.4.2.2.  I followed the directions to do a clean KSP install with GPP, GPP Secondary, then added GEP and Galileo's OPM.  All the planets come out correctly, and with EVE installed, the GPP and GEP planets get clouds, but Kerbin only gets a cloudless blue glow.  Adding Scatterer makes things worse, as the sky blacks out in the Space Center View and the planet gets blacked out in the Tracking Station View, so I'm forgoing that for the moment.

When I add Spectra, there's no change to Kerbin.  I can see in the EVE editor interface that there are two sets of various configs, with GPP and Spectra paths, and it looks like it's defaulting to GPP.  I don't know much about the editor, but I attempted to select Spectra path names and hit "Apply" with no visible effect.

Any suggestions?

To fix the no clouds issue, simply go into the stock config and opm config files in GPP configs and change DunaClouds to GratianClouds.

The black sky is caused by a scatterer conflict when installing GPP_Secondary and GEP. OhioBob is working on it atm.

Hope this helps.

16 minutes ago, fwdixon said:

To fix the no clouds issue, simply go into the stock config and opm config files in GPP configs and change DunaClouds to GratianClouds.

The black sky is caused by a scatterer conflict when installing GPP_Secondary and GEP. OhioBob is working on it atm.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm not seeing a stock config file in the GPP_Configs folder, and GPM_OPM.cfg doesn't talk to Duna at all.  Within the GPP_Clouds folder, Configs subfolder, there are two files, StockClouds.cfg and OPMClouds.cfg.  If I'm supposed to be editing those, I'm at a loss as to which lines need to change.

I take it there's something related to Duna/Gratian configs that is breaking all the Stock Planet clouds?

Edited by KSPrynk

Just now, KSPrynk said:

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm not seeing a stock config file in the GPP_Configs folder, and GPM_OPM.cfg doesn't talk to Duna at all.  Within the GPP_Clouds folder, Configs subfolder, there are two files, StockClouds.cfg and OPMClouds.cfg.  If I'm supposed to be editing those, I'm at a loss as to which lines need to change.

I take it there's something related to Duna/Gratian configs that is breaking all the Stock Plant clouds?

sry, yea it's the stock clouds and opm clouds.

Just do a search for Duna and replace it with Gratian, it occurs once in each file.

8 minutes ago, fwdixon said:

sry, yea it's the stock clouds and opm clouds.

Just do a search for Duna and replace it with Gratian, it occurs once in each file.

OK, making progress.  I replaced DunaClouds with GratianClouds on the relevant value = GPP/GPP_Clouds/Textures/ lines in both files.  I have clouds now on the stock planets, but there's a very thick blue haze on Kerbin (which I think is the same haze I had earlier, when there were no clouds).  Is this an atmospheric layer that I can turn off in the EVE editor, or do I need to do some more config edits?

Just now, KSPrynk said:

OK, making progress.  I replaced DunaClouds with GratianClouds on the relevant value = GPP/GPP_Clouds/Textures/ lines in both files.  I have clouds now on the stock planets, but there's a very thick blue haze on Kerbin (which I think is the same haze I had earlier, when there were no clouds).  Is this an atmospheric layer that I can turn off in the EVE editor, or do I need to do some more config edits?

blue haze is from scatterer.

2 minutes ago, GrubbyZebra said:

blue haze is from scatterer.

I would've thought so too, except I don't have Scatterer installed in my GameData folder, and it's a much deeper blue haze than I recall seeing before with Scatterer in the past.  Does GPP or EVE bundle a version of it somewhere?  I actually saw this effect the first time I added EVE to the whole Stock/GPP/GEP/OPM system, before I experimented with Spectra or adding Scatterer (and then deleting it after it blacked everything out).  It seems like another layer of something, but I don't see how it could be Scatter if I deleted it.

1 minute ago, KSPrynk said:

I would've thought so too, except I don't have Scatterer installed in my GameData folder, and it's a much deeper blue haze than I recall seeing before with Scatterer in the past.  Does GPP or EVE bundle a version of it somewhere?  I actually saw this effect the first time I added EVE to the whole Stock/GPP/GEP/OPM system, before I experimented with Spectra or adding Scatterer (and then deleting it after it blacked everything out).  It seems like another layer of something, but I don't see how it could be Scatter if I deleted it.

didn't realize you deleted it. The only time I had a blue haze that was abnormal was when I had the black sky from the GEP/Scatterer conflict. Not sure on that one.

10 minutes ago, GrubbyZebra said:

didn't realize you deleted it. The only time I had a blue haze that was abnormal was when I had the black sky from the GEP/Scatterer conflict. Not sure on that one.

I think I'm narrowing it down.  I'm in the EVE editor in the Tracking Station view, and in the CloudsManager section. I think GPP has a Kerbin-atmoStock-Blue config that's doing it.  When I select it and uncheck the layer2D box, it goes away (mostly).  There may be another, redundant layer, possibly from Spectra, but it's looking a lot better now that I did that.

MORE INFO: Yeah, I think I'm just having some redundant layer issues.  Jool was almost solid green until I started unchecking a bunch of the GPP layer buttons in EVE.

Edited by KSPrynk

@KSPrynk, GPP uses scatterer atmospheres when scatterer is installed, and EVE atmospheres when EVE is installed with no scatterer.  What you are probably seeing are the EVE atmospheric effects.  The configs for that are found in GPP/GPP_Clouds/Configs/.  If you don't want GPP messing with the stock planets, you might try deleting the file EVE_StockAtmos.cfg and see what happens.

So I've finally figured out how/why on contracts for Gael that have been created with Contract Configurator display the name gael in lowercase. It's because of a line of code in Contract Configurator that doesn't like the fact that the body name is Kerbin but it's display name is Gael.

It can be easily fixed by modifying the source of CC and recompiling. If you go into the source and load up the file ContractConfigurator/Util/Extensions.cs and go to line 272 and find the following:

if (lower && displayName != body.name)

And change it to:

if (lower && displayName != body.name && displayName != "Gael")

This will fix the problem. I'll suggest this as a change for CC but I suppose because it only affects this planet pack it may not be implemented.

On 6/21/2018 at 10:42 AM, Three_Pounds said:

Hello guys! How can I get rid of Galileo, Bobert, Jade, Poody, Sigma and Raging Galean from my game permanentally? I keep throwing them out and even deleting them from my save file but every time I visit the Astronaut complex they keep sneaking back in. Which part of the code I have to nuke to not have them appear in my game anymore? As much as I enjoy the cameo of you guys, I'd rather play with my own set of Kerbals.

Well, by editing your persistent.sfs you can rename any Kerbal on the roster. Also if you go into your gamedata folder under ...\GPP\GPP_Renamer, you'll find a file called Renamer.cfg.

If you edit this to true, you will get Jebediah and Co. back, just with the last name of Gaelan:

preserveOriginals = false

I haven't tried this yet, but I guess, you could also delete the GPP_Renamer folder entirely, if you want your Kermans back... :)

All of the above changes are of course at your own risk...

Soo i have a lil problem with GPP. 

If i get into the Iota SOI , the game freezes up and KSS starts eating my ram till it fully uses all thats available xD

Log seems to be fine till the SOI  change and then i get somethin like  :

[WRN 15:38:19.402] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Iota'
[LOG 15:38:19.667] PQSCache: Increased PQ Cache by 256 to 4352
[LOG 15:38:19.726] PQSCache: Increased PQ Cache by 256 to 4608
[LOG 15:38:19.788] PQSCache: Increased PQ Cache by 256 to 4864

and then it just keeps increasin the PQ size till the RAM is all nommed up xD

Edited by Lord Killmore

4 hours ago, StarStreak2109 said:

Well, by editing your persistent.sfs you can rename any Kerbal on the roster. Also if you go into your gamedata folder under ...\GPP\GPP_Renamer, you'll find a file called Renamer.cfg.

If you edit this to true, you will get Jebediah and Co. back, just with the last name of Gaelan:

preserveOriginals = false

I haven't tried this yet, but I guess, you could also delete the GPP_Renamer folder entirely, if you want your Kermans back... :)

All of the above changes are of course at your own risk...

I've actually tried that and here's what I've found: If you rename, delete (by editing the save file) or dismiss (and then wait for the applicants to cycle) the Kerbals you start with, they'll reappear alongside them once you enter the Astronaut Complex.

The setting you pointed out just decides if it's Galileo et. al or Jebediah and friends that will quietly add themselves back to your roster should you decide to part ways with them.

One way is to edit the save file so they are either KIA or MIA, but then they'll still show up in the Astronaut Complex and mods like Final Frontier, or either delete or modify KerbalRenamer.dll, where the source of this trouble lies.

I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe I'll remove said *.dll and just manually change the last name of all the Kerbals I hire because I do like the whole alternative universe thing.

Do I need to do something to make scatterer use the GPP config or does it do so by itself? When I load for the first time, scatterer has a dialog box (At main menu), and a field that says ".cfg file used: scatterer/config/config". I assume that means scatterer isn't using the GPP config?

5 minutes ago, Nnimrod said:

Do I need to do something to make scatterer use the GPP config or does it do so by itself? When I load for the first time, scatterer has a dialog box (At main menu), and a field that says ".cfg file used: scatterer/config/config". I assume that means scatterer isn't using the GPP config?

You just have to drop scatterer in your gamedata folder, then you can tell if it’s working by going into the game.

For those who have inquired about the problem of a black sky over Kerbin with some installations, I've found the cause and have a solution.  I don't know when we'll be releasing an update, but in the meantime the fix is something you can easily do yourself.

Find the file,

GameData/GPP/GPP_Scatterer/Configs/Scatterer_PlanetList.cfg

Open the file and scroll all the way down to the bottom until you see this:

Item:NEEDS[OPM,GEP] = Robau

Change the above line to the following and save:

Item:NEEDS[OPM,GEP,!GPP_Secondary] = Robau

Edited by OhioBob

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

For those who have inquired about the problem of a black sky over Kerbin with some installations, I've found the cause and have a solution.  I don't know when we'll be releasing an update, but in the meantime the fix is something you can easily do yourself.

Find the file,

GameData/GPP/GPP_Scatterer/Configs/Scatterer_PlanetList.cfg

Open the file and scroll all the way down to the bottom until you see this:

Item:NEEDS[OPM,GEP] = Robau

Change the above line to the following and save:

Item:NEEDS[OPM,GEP,!GPP_Secondary] = Robau

You rock!

I have been trying to port my GPP game from 1.3.1 and I'm having quite a bit of trouble. After loading the save, I can't go into any of the buildings or exit to menu. The only way to close the game is Alt-F4.

I have uploaded a .zip with the save, logs, and a list of installed mods from CKAN. The only part mod I have installed is EVA Transfer.

Some of my troubleshooting steps:

• Verified GPP is current (1.6.3.0) in KSP 1.4.3.
  • Remove all mods except GPP and related. (Even EVA Transfer - several ships lost on load).
  • Start a new career. Everything works OK (seems to indicate problem with save, not GPP installation?)
  • Go back to KSP1.3.1 and re-load save after updating all mods. GPP updated to 1.6.3.0. Runs fine in KSP1.3.1. Copy save over to KSP1.4.3 after this. Problem persists.
  • Added some entries in the Alt-F12 menu prefixed with "JWAG:" so I could figure out where the errors are coming from
  • Googled some of the error messages that appear after loading the save:
    • [SurfaceObject]: Cannot return to original parent, it no longer exists.
    • Material doesn't have a color property '_Color' (repeats 392 times)

KSP is 1.4.3 with whatever version of Making History was current. I .zipped a verified install from Steam and copied it to my D: drive so that I could install mods.

I'm grateful for any assistance.

Edited by JWag
Adding more detail.

Ugh. Turns out I had KSC Switcher installed in my 1.3.1 game. I reloaded the save after uninstalling KSC Switcher, then moved it over and voila, no more problems.

Maybe I'm too part-time to have a highly modded game...

3 hours ago, JWag said:

Ugh. Turns out I had KSC Switcher installed in my 1.3.1 game. I reloaded the save after uninstalling KSC Switcher, then moved it over and voila, no more problems.

Maybe I'm too part-time to have a highly modded game...

Hey, you figured it out without help. I think that qualifies you to play heavily modded :)

10 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Would it be possible to make Kerbol/Gael a binary system, permit active launch pads on both to allow for interstellar travel between systems so you could play both at the same time on the same installation? :P

Making Kerbol and Gael (I assume you meant Ciro though?) a binary system is certainly doable (if you know what you're doing) but not sure about the game easilly allowing multiplle launch sites on different celestial bodies. You could always use the Extraplanetary Launchpads mod but you'd need to fly from one to the other first and construct the pad.

Edited by Pleb

On 1/26/2018 at 4:51 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

Found an excellent region on Iota with several instances of 0 deg slope. It's at 49° 31' N, 8° 58' W.

This is in fact a great place to start building. I've never really built a base before but after surveying the area it is indeed flat and there is a high presence of ore there for me to convert into Snacks and fuel. Will post screenshots later!

Edited by Pleb
Spelling