[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

5 hours ago, Standecco said:

P.S is it normal that my fps is really low when playing in gpp? I usually get 60 fps with scatterer and SVE, but here i get 30 fps max with any vessel in any situation (landed, flying, orbiting, etc). I have a pretty decent pc, so that's not the problem.

Kopernicus 1.4.3-1 has a huge impact on FPS due to how the on demand loading was happenening. It was improved with 1.4.3-2. 

1 hour ago, Standecco said:

For bases you can try angel125's mods, they vaguely resemble USI but are a bit simpler and with a different aestethic and philosophy, but equally enjoyable.

I'm using extraplanetary launchpads for constructing things, but since my pack is already quite crowded I may switch to ground construction. Have you tried both?

I'm currently using Kerbal Planetary Base Systems, Ground Construction and Snacks for a simpler game. I may try the USI Constellation again in the future but I found it was slowing down my game and I wasn't using much of the parts, as I hadn't ever built any bases at that point and was mainly using it was USI-LS. However I think I prefer this simpler game I'm playing for now!

Also I'm using SSPX by Nertea for my space stations!

18 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I'm getting the same bug.  But it's not just GPP, I'm getting it with GEP_Primary as well. 

(edit)

Plain Stock seems to be working OK, as well as Stock + GPP/GPP_Secondary, and Stock + GEP.

GPP and GEP_Primary both delete and replaced Kerbin, so maybe that is somehow causing the problem.

(edit 2)

I just did an experiment in which I installed GPP in its entirety, but deleted Gael and kept Kerbin as the homeworld.  In that case the recovery button works fine.  So, yeah, it looks like the problem is occurring only in scenarios where Kerbin is deleted and replaced by something else.

I actually had the same problem with my GPP_Secondary installation.

So there is that to consider. It seems to have gone away since I deleted everything and reinstalled all my mods.

I've found a temporary solution to the problem reported by @Standecco.  GPP (and GEP_Primary) deletes the Desert Launch Site added by the Making History DLC.*  I don't know the reasons, but something about deleting that site is causing the problem.  To fix the bug, you just have to remove the code that deletes the launch site.  Find the following file:

GameData/GPP/GPP_Planets/Gael_A.cfg

and delete the following line of code:

removeLaunchSites = Desert_Launch_Site, Desert_Airfield, Desert_GroundObjects, Woomerang_GroundObjects

Hopefully we'll fix the issue for the next update.

* It was deleted because of where is was located and the inability to edit it made it an eyesore that was not easily fixable.

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

Kopernicus 1.4.3-1 has a huge impact on FPS due to how the on demand loading was happenening. It was improved with 1.4.3-2. 

Yeah i noticed an even bigger drop with 1.4.3-1, but it was already there. I'll live with it even if it doesn't go away, ksp doesn't really need more than 30 fps.

4 hours ago, Pleb said:

I'm currently using Kerbal Planetary Base Systems, Ground Construction and Snacks for a simpler game. I may try the USI Constellation again in the future but I found it was slowing down my game and I wasn't using much of the parts, as I hadn't ever built any bases at that point and was mainly using it was USI-LS. However I think I prefer this simpler game I'm playing for now!

Also I'm using SSPX by Nertea for my space stations!

I can see your point, but i wanted to try USI and in my other playtrough with KPBS i felt that all those parts were kinda useless and that something was missing. MKS seems to be what I was looking for, since I always wanted to build those huuuuge ships allowed by karborundum torch engines and needed something to actually put in those ships (i built one with 1 single engine that could lift something like 2000 tons to orbit with 200 Km/s (!) of dv). I have another career with interstellar extended and OPM but that seems too complicated even compared to MKS, I'll need a lot of time to finish that save.

SSPX is really nice on the other hand, I'm using it with station science and SXT and I'm really happy with this combo

@OhioBob Trying this right now, thanks for your commitment in fixing this!

On 7/1/2018 at 3:52 AM, Pleb said:

Making Kerbol and Gael (I assume you meant Ciro though?) a binary system is certainly doable (if you know what you're doing) but not sure about the game easilly allowing multiplle launch sites on different celestial bodies. You could always use the Extraplanetary Launchpads mod but you'd need to fly from one to the other first and construct the pad.

Correct, I meant Cirro.

4 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Correct, I meant Cirro.

Ok well if you look in the Optional Mods folder in the zip file when you downloaded GPP there's a folder called GPP_Secondary. The contents of that will allow you to have a Kerbol-Ciro system. However as stated before I don't think you can have multiple launch sites on different celestial bodies. The closest you can probably come to on this is by using Extraplanetary Launchpads but you'd have to fly from Kerbin to Gael, and then build the launchpad there. I've never played extensively with this mod so you'd need to look into this further to see how this is done.

Edited by Pleb

I swear this is my last request here, it's just that my ocd is really merciless.

So, i fixed every other problem, including low fps; deleting old cfgs and manually reinstalling some mods did the trick. I "bruteforced" the kopernicus bug by simply deleting the SquadExpansion folder, since I didn't need the new parts or the mission builder, and that + @OhioBob's line fix solved the issue and eliminated the useless desert airfield.

But now i have a weird texture bug in the space centre, appearing only upon returning from a flight and not after the first loading. It basically looks like there is a weird z-fighting occurring and the centre flickers heavily at every camera movement (hoping the album is visible).

Album QmxzRvY will appear when post is submitted

I also had this bug with kerbal konstruct almost all the time and I was forced to remove the mod to keep mental sanity while I was at the KSC (or every other launch site).

Unlike the other issues some other people reported my exact problem, but i read all those threads and found only things related to scatterer's ocean shaders and disabling them didn't work. There are some similarities with the popular "line in the water" visual glitch since it also happens only under a line in the centre of the screen and while zoomed in, but I couldn't find a fix.

EDIT: also found this

X4d1P78.png

Edited by Standecco

@Standecco This may be from you deleting the SquadExpansion folder. I don't know of this is accurate but with Steam I found that in order to not have the expansion I had to uninstall and reinstall KSP but not install Making History. However this was different as I was trying to install 1.3.1 which obviously can't have the expansion (as at that time all the mods still ran on 1.3.1). Now I've got 1.4.3 I have the expansion back and it all runs fine.

53 minutes ago, Pleb said:

@Standecco This may be from you deleting the SquadExpansion folder. I don't know of this is accurate but with Steam I found that in order to not have the expansion I had to uninstall and reinstall KSP but not install Making History. However this was different as I was trying to install 1.3.1 which obviously can't have the expansion (as at that time all the mods still ran on 1.3.1). Now I've got 1.4.3 I have the expansion back and it all runs fine.

I'll try reinstalling the expansion, let's see.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving all the stuff you guys have put out, really epic work!

I'm wondering if it's possible to have the following constellation:

Kerbin as the home world with OPM adding to the stock system

GPP + GEP as distant system

25 minutes ago, skYman said:

Loving all the stuff you guys have put out, really epic work!

I'm wondering if it's possible to have the following constellation:

Kerbin as the home world with OPM adding to the stock system

GPP + GEP as distant system

Yup, it sure is. This is the setup I currently use.

Need to install GPP_Secondary along with GPP and install OPM and GEP as directed.

12 minutes ago, GrubbyZebra said:

Yup, it sure is. This is the setup I currently use.

Need to install GPP_Secondary along with GPP and install OPM and GEP as directed.

Awesome, thanks!

Or maybe not, since this will probably replace sleeping for the night :D

Hi @Nayah-,

I have it too. I think probably everyone does. Thanks for reporting it and it looks to me that you are the first to report it here so that's great! 
I know I always feel reassured when I know I am not the only person whose KSP is bugged in some way. 

Everybody note:  From the Kopernicus thread... The pink, purple, etc., Gael has been seen by the GPP/GEP devs. Please be patient, they are working on it already.

So it is indeed GPP related? May I ask the question how to tell the difference in this case, just for my personal curiosity?
The only abnormality I can find in the log is the passage I've alreaded posted in the kopernicus thread:

[LOG 23:08:42.677] Load(Model): GPP/GPP_KSC++/Assets/KK_Statics/kkrocketpad1
[ERR 23:08:42.839] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

So how can you tell if it is kopernicus which fails to create the mesh, or if it is the file provided from GPP which is required for kopernicus to create the mesh?
The only indication for this issue to be GPP related seems to be, that it is just Gael which is affected but even then: Why is the mesh of Gael different from the other planets?

If someone can be so kind to explain it to me, I would really appreciate it :)

Edited by 4x4cheesecake