[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Welcome to the forum @vitus0301.

Mod makers perform great deeds in their own free time to bring new and wonderful features to KSP.  Most of the members know your pain. It's hard to have to wait until our favourite mods are updated but please be patient as asking a mod maker for an update is contrary to rule 2.2p of the KSP community guidelines.

Furthermore, please consider the pain a request for an update to a version of the game that will be outdated again in one weeks time might bring to our dear mod creators.

Must be hard to keep up these days. It surprises me that so many of the mod creators actually put up with this.

2 hours ago, Dafni said:

Furthermore, please consider the pain a request for an update to a version of the game that will be outdated again in one weeks time might bring to our dear mod creators.

Must be hard to keep up these days. It surprises me that so many of the mod creators actually put up with this.

Yea well most mods work just fine with 1.6.x without any update. The problem is that many people don't take the time to read a thread or try themselves. It's easier to just say "UPDATE YOUR MOD" than to do a little research or type "This looks cool, has anyone tried it with 1.6?"

Playing modded games has a certain DIY element but people forget that and expect everything will be spoon-fed to them as if they actually paid the modder.

17 hours ago, Galileo said:

Soon, it would have been done already, but real life is getting in my way. 

We are also working on something much bigger and better than GPP, which is typically using up my free time, whenever I get any, and has definitely taken precedence over almost everything else KSP related for me. But it will be worth it, I promise.

It's hard to imagine something bigger and better than GPP, I'm excited to see where this goes.

1 hour ago, TheJimPire said:

It's hard to imagine something bigger and better than GPP, I'm excited to see where this goes.

Perhaps something like 4k textures for stock planets...another amazing leap from true stock from what little I've seen.  I'm going to be sorely pressed to choose to play either GPP or this latest endeavour; I just don't have the time to play both :(

Speaking of things I love, GPP is working fine on 1.6 except for the aforementioned scatterer black clouds. Are there any workarounds at the moment? I'd be willing to turn off clouds or use a 2d style or something like that.

I'm also excited for whatever that "labor of love" is :)

Here's my black clouds player.log, not sure if this is under scatterer's jurisdiction or yours. I'll go over there if need be. https://mega.nz/#!DUJwUYjI!DTm3srLuv_0tO8T8RmopnQn0ZsjWUgD0RKWh3qqYLnU

40 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

If you're happy navigating GitHub, I made a quick compatibility commit last month as you can see in the recent commits: https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/commits/master

Odd. I cloned the repo and just copied over the entire GPP_Scatterer folder, but I'm still getting black cloud errors.

Spoiler

0pgIhEe.png

Hi @Poodmund didn't say anything earlier since I assumed the commits were still in testing but can confirm the black clouds are there on a clean install of KSP 1.6.1 with

• Kopernicus
  • GPP Github master w/ Hi Res clouds installed
  • GPP textures 4.2.1
  • EVE 1.4.2-2
  • Scatterer 0.540

8 hours ago, Zorg said:

Hi @Poodmund didn't say anything earlier since I assumed the commits were still in testing but can confirm the black clouds are there on a clean install of KSP 1.6.1 with

• Kopernicus
  • GPP Github master w/ Hi Res clouds installed
  • GPP textures 4.2.1
  • EVE 1.4.2-2
  • Scatterer 0.540

Hi,

GPP is not perfectly compatible with Scatterer 0.540. In order not to have black clouds you must use Scatterer 0.0336.

It's not perfect but it doesn't mess with the sky.

Just now, vagabond77 said:

Hi,

GPP is not perfectly compatible with Scatterer 0.540. In order not to have black clouds you must use Scatterer 0.0336.

It's not perfect but it doesn't mess with the sky.

Yes I'm well aware. I am just letting Poodmund know that his compatibility update on github (which is supposed to have fixed the issues with Scatterer 0.5+) doesnt seem to have worked in its current state.

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Yes I'm well aware. I am just letting Poodmund know that his compatibility update on github (which is supposed to have fixed the issues with Scatterer 0.5+) doesnt seem to have worked in its current state.

I don’t know if the updated cfgs have actually been tested. As far as I know, he just updated the cfgs to the correct structure and syntax and further tweaking to make them actually work correctly with the latest Scatterer would come with testing, which still needs to be done, obviously lol

Give it some time, especially with 1.7 right on the horizon, everything might break anyway. 

I guess the black sky is related to these values:

skyExposure = 0

At least, changing it to something > 0 will result in a blue sky. I've tried the values which where previously used for "skyRimExposure", since this entry no longer exists. IMO, it looks fine so far :)

Spoiler

Fpwevin.png

3 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I guess the black sky is related to these values:

skyExposure = 0

At least, changing it to something > 0 will result in a blue sky. I've tried the values which where previously used for "skyRimExposure", since this entry no longer exists. IMO, it looks fine so far :)

In which file can I find this parameter and to what have you changed it to resolve the black sky rendering?

33 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

In which file can I find this parameter and to what have you changed it to resolve the black sky rendering?

Did you install the latest version of the scatterer config (as described above) already?

I assume you did, so:

Kerbal Space Program/GameData/GPP/GPP_Scatterer/Planets/Gael/atmo.cfg

contains the scatterer config for Gael (within the config, Gael is still called "Kerbin", don't get confused). There are two patches, one for just GPP and one if GPP Secondary is installed as well. Depending on your install, pick the one you need. The "skyExposure" entry can be found in multiple "Item" nodes within the "configPoints" node.

Take a look here to get the values which where previously used for "skyRimExposure":

https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/commit/44da9556cc6d02273040dd9f99cbe41ed8607247#diff-945cf284717e30d5ccf127a31dfa3bcc

Scroll down until you find the same file (should be the 5th). On the left, you can see the old version, on the right the new version. Look for the values of "skyRimExposure" in the old version for each "Item" node and use the same value for "skyExposure" in your local config.

Of course, you can write a MM patch for this instead of editing the original file but since this is not an official update, I didn't bother to write one.
I wrote a patch...for reasons :P

@Scatterer_atmosphere:AFTER[GPP]
{
	@Atmo:HAS[#name[Kerbin]]
	{
		@configPoints
		{
			@Item:HAS[#altitude[200]]
			{
				@skyExposure = 0.25
			}

@Item:HAS[#altitude[1000]]
			{
				@skyExposure = 0.25
			}

@Item:HAS[#altitude[5000]]
			{
				@skyExposure = 0.200000003
			}

@Item:HAS[#altitude[55000]]
			{
				@skyExposure = 0.129999995
			}

@Item:HAS[#altitude[250000]]
			{
				@skyExposure = 0.05
			}
		}
	}
}

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

I got my install set up and ready but the delta v for mechjeb and kerbal engineer are saying its instead of gael they say kerbin any fix i tried making a new install with a new ksp download still didn't work.

2 hours ago, Jim123 said:

I got my install set up and ready but the delta v for mechjeb and kerbal engineer are saying its instead of gael they say kerbin any fix i tried making a new install with a new ksp download still didn't work.

That’s because internally Gael is Kerbin and those mods don’t use the displayName parameter for finding the name of edited bodies, so there is no fix for that here. It will have to come from one of those mod authors.