[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

On 7/13/2019 at 4:02 AM, Nightside said:

Hmm. Are you playing with a rescaled GPP, or stock size? 

I would guess it has something to do with something like Sigma Dimensions or Rescale trying to resize something evertime the scene loads.

On 7/13/2019 at 6:18 AM, Brigadier said:

Stock

you got me worried for a moment there :D

I checked and SD only scales the buildings once per KSP run. so it could be possible that KK saves the increased size every time you run ksp and so you get bigger and bigger buildings between game sessions. However when I made SD I made sure my modifications were applied after KK did everything so that you don't get any SD change saved unless you edit the buildings using KK while the planet is rescaled (which you are not supposed to do anyway)

however, getting a different size at every scene change should not be caused by SD

5 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

you got me worried for a moment there :D

I checked and SD only scales the buildings once per KSP run. so it could be possible that KK saves the increased size every time you run ksp and so you get bigger and bigger buildings between game sessions. However when I made SD I made sure my modifications were applied after KK did everything so that you don't get any SD change saved unless you edit the buildings using KK while the planet is rescaled (which you are not supposed to do anyway)

however, getting a different size at every scene change should not be caused by SD

I wasn't sure I interpreted the question properly.  I meant that it's a stock GPP install, not a stock stock or a resized GPP install, i.e. I don't believe there is any resizing going on.  I'm not using KK to modify anything, at least not with malice and forethought :sticktongue:.

It's only the one runway that suffers from this.

@Brigadier  I have the same issue, without SD. I'm very certain it's caused by KK reapplying the scale factor on every scene change. After a game restart, the runway starts at regular size and the cycle starts again.

The runway is the only object that has a scalefactor != 1 in GPP. I changed that to 1, and while then no longer matching up with the rest of the fancier KSC, it at least stopped the runway from reaching into space after a couple of launches.

It does providean interesting challenge, having to plan your orbits so your satellites don't collide with the super-runway :D . And yes, the runway does get calculated for collisions even in orbit several hundred km above the planet.

screenshot4.png

5 hours ago, Senshi said:

@Brigadier  I have the same issue, without SD. I'm very certain it's caused by KK reapplying the scale factor on every scene change. After a game restart, the runway starts at regular size and the cycle starts again.

The runway is the only object that has a scalefactor != 1 in GPP. I changed that to 1, and while then no longer matching up with the rest of the fancier KSC, it at least stopped the runway from reaching into space after a couple of launches.

Many thanks.  I removed KK and, of course, the problem disappers with the runway.  I'll try the scalefactor workaround if I decide to reinstall KK.

14 hours ago, Gleb said:

Does this mod work with KSP 1.7.3, all DLCs and latest Scaterrer

I think you might find you'll need to downgrade Scatterer to v0.0336 to avoid Gael sky/cloud coloration bugs; at least that's been my experience.  I'm currently running GPP/GEP on KSP 1.7.1 because I haven't updated Kopernicus (which is actually good for 1.7.3 now).

• 2 weeks later...

After hundreds and hundreds of hours playing in the stock system, I think it is time for me to step to a new challenge and this amazing planet pack will definitely provide this.

I have 2 questions before installing:

1.How does the scale of this planet pack compare to the stock system? (because of many parts mods I have installed)

I looked on the wiki and it seams Gael is very similar to Kerbin in it's radius and atmosphere height, so that's a big plus for me.

2. Second question, is it compatible with the breaking ground DLC? So, in other words, do the deployed science experiments give science points when used? and also, do the galileo's planets contain surface features?

I also understood it is also compatible with scansat so that's great.

Thank you very much!

Edited by onlinegamesz

@onlinegamesz,

GPP is at a scale equivalent to stock.  Although there are some very small differences, Gael is nearly a clone of Kerbin in regard to size, gravity and atmosphere.  While the size of the other bodies vary, they are generally in the same size range as the stock celestial bodies.

I have no idea about the Breaking Ground DLC stuff.  GPP was developed and completed long before Breaking Ground was released, and nothing in GPP has been updated to accommodate it.  I don't know how GPP or Breaking Ground will behave with both installed.

ScanSat should work fine with GPP.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I don't know. I have a lot going on irl at the moment and finding the time to update this is tough

I can understand that. I'd like to see an update for it, but real life comes first. I hope things get easier for you.

2 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

Oh man!  just did a mission to lili and I must say it's by far the most awesome thing I've ever done in KSP!  It's just an amazing moon for landing on and exploring!  The views are fantastic XD

And disorienting! :P

20 hours ago, rukhafi said:

I really like this mod but I like Kerbin too. Is it possible to use this mod and keep Kerbin at the same time? Thank you :)

With a major rewrite, probably.  It's never going to happen though unless you do it yourself.

Hi,

I'm using GPP on a KSP 1.6 playthrough. However, there seems to be the original names of the system (Kerbin, Mun, Minmus) being kept in the contracts - which means some of the "world first" contracts I can't complete as they say to land on the Mun. Is there a way to alter this mid-save, or would I need to reload the mods and try again? Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else have any issues with Scatterer and this pack? I had realized that I accidentally still had SVE installed so I removed it to use the Galileo configs instead, and after doing that the sky in game turned black. I tried reinstalling Galileo, EVE, and Scatterer fresh and I still get the black sky bug. This makes me think that either Scatterer isn't properly recognizing the GPP configs or something is wrong with the GPP configs themselves, which doesn't make sense since according to the changelog the black sky bug has already been dealt with.

Edited by ddavis425

5 minutes ago, ddavis425 said:

Does anyone else have any issues with Scatterer and this pack? I had realized that I accidentally still had SVE installed so I removed it to use the Galileo configs instead, and after doing that the sky in game turned black. I tried reinstalling Galileo, EVE, and Scatterer fresh and I still get the black sky bug. This makes me think that either Scatterer isn't properly recognizing the GPP configs or something is wrong with the GPP configs themselves, which doesn't make sense since according to the changelog the black sky bug has already been dealt with.

Which version of Scatterer are you using?  I've had to downgrade to v0.0336 to get rid of the black clouds?