[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

• 1 month later...

Oh yes I can use this after I finished the things to do in the stock game(return from moho, eeloo, EVE, and get my ssto to work) because sadly my laptop can't run JNSQ and I can't wait 2 hours for that to download XD.

Question: will the current version of GPP break in 1.8.1?

8 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

Question: will the current version of GPP break in 1.8.1?

It should work fine.  There's a couple things that will break due to syntax changes in the new Kopernicus, but nothing major that will stop you from playing.

(For instance, HazardousBody has changed, so the excess heat effects on Thalia and Icarus won't work.)

6 minutes ago, Space Nerd said:

So, the heating effect will be back in GPP for 1.8.1?

Also, is there something that allows kerbals to plant flag on Thalia and Icarus?

Yes, the heating will be back in 1.8.1.  And the new heat module allows us to vary the heat in a much more sophisticated way.  Some areas will be more hazardous then others.  You'll have to pick your landing site carefully, but there are areas where you should have no problem planting flags.

9 minutes ago, LittleBitMore said:

So I'm assuming GPP is the mod that's making my loading screen icons watercolor-ified? If so, how do you make that specific special effect? And if not, do you know what mod does it?

Yes, those loading screens are from GPP.  It's not done by a mod.  It's digital artwork created by Galileo from some screenshots.  I'm not sure what software he used to create it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

I'm gonna guess that you're gonna skip 1.8 and go straight for 1.9 once kopernikus comes out, right?

The current version of GPP works fine in 1.8+, only without the new shaders.  If and when we update, it will probably be for whatever the most current KSP version is at the time of release.  Whether or not it will be backwards compatible with previous versions remains to be seen.  It's impossible to say at this point in time.

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

o hello, just came back to this after digging in my old activity. This will be cool when Kopernicus updates

Other than being able to play it in KSP 1.9.1, GPP won't be any different after Kopernicus updates than it is now.

46 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

i really want this, but is there a way to make it a secondary star system

There is. Read the first page of this thread. Look for the first post of @JadeOfMaar. It's called GPP Secondary and works perfect (assuming you use the correct version of KSP and dependencies)

Edited by Dafni