[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

On 2/10/2020 at 9:01 PM, OhioBob said:

Yes, the heating will be back in 1.8.1.  And the new heat module allows us to vary the heat in a much more sophisticated way.  Some areas will be more hazardous then others.  You'll have to pick your landing site carefully, but there are areas where you should have no problem planting flags.

Absolutely love this mod. Am currently trying to figure out how to gauge which areas are more hazardous than others on Thalia. Have not yet visited, but am getting close and want to do it right. Is there any information on how the new heat model you mentioned works?

2 hours ago, billybob579 said:

Absolutely love this mod. Am currently trying to figure out how to gauge which areas are more hazardous than others on Thalia. Have not yet visited, but am getting close and want to do it right. Is there any information on how the new heat model you mentioned works?

I don't want to give too much away, but the most hazardous areas are associated with a couple biomes.  In the worst case your parts could heat up to as much as 2500 K, but that's the exception.  In most cases your parts might get hot, but not hot enough to fail.  There are also areas in orbit where your vessel can heat up.

On 6/10/2020 at 2:47 PM, OhioBob said:

I don't want to give too much away, but the most hazardous areas are associated with a couple biomes.  In the worst case your parts could heat up to as much as 2500 K, but that's the exception.  In most cases your parts might get hot, but not hot enough to fail.  There are also areas in orbit where your vessel can heat up.

Thanks! Turned out to be a non-issue though, I think. I misunderstood the situation with the updates, didn't realize there's no heating effect in 1.8 anymore. Certainly makes things simpler, but I might just go explore someplace else in hopes that the planet warms up soon.

2 hours ago, billybob579 said:

Thanks! Turned out to be a non-issue though, I think. I misunderstood the situation with the updates, didn't realize there's no heating effect in 1.8 anymore. Certainly makes things simpler, but I might just go explore someplace else in hopes that the planet warms up soon.

Ah, that's right.  I forgot that GPP hasn't been updated to use the new heating feature in Kopernicus.  I've made the change but it hasn't been released.

Hey guys! Long time user and fan of GPP (literally can't play KSP without playing in this universe - what a fantastic job by those who have worked so intensely on this mod, thank you so much). I know that general issues without logs are not received happily but I'm hoping this one could slide. What were to happen if I tried to run GPP + GEP without EVE or scatterer? Would it just be a generally bland experience similar to a stock KSP game? Thanks again guys.

I am having repeated index errors after installing GPP secondary to my save. Seems to be a comnet problem, perhaps only associated with particular parts. I haven't been able to figure out what exactly triggers it but sometimes on the launchpad I will lose all comnet access and will be getting constant errors until I fully quit and restart.

(Filename: <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6> Line: 0)

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x00029] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0
  at PartModule.ApplyUpgradeNode (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] appliedUps, ConfigNode node, System.Boolean doLoad) [0x00298] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0
  at ModuleDataTransmitter.CommPowerUnloaded (ProtoPartModuleSnapshot mSnap) [0x00050] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0
  at CommNet.CommNetVessel.UpdateComm () [0x00361] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0
  at CommNet.CommNetVessel.OnNetworkPreUpdate () [0x00044] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0
  at CommNet.CommNode.NetworkPreUpdate () [0x00053] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0
  at CommNet.Network.Net`4[_Net,_Data,_Link,_Path].PreUpdateNodes () [0x0001e] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0
  at CommNet.Network.Net`4[_Net,_Data,_Link,_Path].Rebuild () [0x00026] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0
  at CommNet.CommNetwork.Rebuild () [0x00007] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0
  at CommNet.CommNetNetwork.Update () [0x000d7] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

LOG File

3 hours ago, eggzy said:

What were to happen if I tried to run GPP + GEP without EVE or scatterer? Would it just be a generally bland experience similar to a stock KSP game? Thanks again guys.

GPP and GEP are both designed to work just fine without EVE and scatterer, but the visuals will be comparable to stock.  No clouds, no scatterer sunsets, etc.  Your performance, however, should be much better.

Hoping for some help. I am running OPM + Galileo's Planet Pack secondary. Everything was great with OPM until I installed GPP secondary and now the wrong lightsource is being used to light the outter planets and they are SUPER DIM. Looks like they are getting the light from the distant second star vs the closer one.

QFgIsMn.png

2viDh8e.png

AvGhHdg.png

1 hour ago, lane1572 said:

Hoping for some help. I am running OPM + Galileo's Planet Pack secondary. Everything was great with OPM until I installed GPP secondary and now the wrong lightsource is being used to light the outter planets and they are SUPER DIM. Looks like they are getting the light from the distant second star vs the closer one.

Need more information.  For starters, what other mods do you have installed (e.g. scatterer, EVE)?  Also, what versions of everything are you using.

I'm using GPP Secondary and asteroids are not spawning near Kerbin or anywhere in the stock system, only near Gael and around Ciro. I searched through the thread and found where someone said to replace the 3rd line of the Asteroids.cfg with !Asteroid:HAS[~author[*]]:NEEDS[!GPP_Secondary]{} but it didn't do anything. I reduced the lifespan of the asteroids to make sure that they were cycling in and out and confirmed they still only spawn around Gael and Ciro. Anyone know what to do?

3 hours ago, Dizezed Zebra said:

I'm using GPP Secondary and asteroids are not spawning near Kerbin or anywhere in the stock system, only near Gael and around Ciro. I searched through the thread and found where someone said to replace the 3rd line of the Asteroids.cfg with !Asteroid:HAS[~author[*]]:NEEDS[!GPP_Secondary]{} but it didn't do anything. I reduced the lifespan of the asteroids to make sure that they were cycling in and out and confirmed they still only spawn around Gael and Ciro. Anyone know what to do?

I would have thought !Asteroid:HAS[~author[*]]:NEEDS[!GPP_Secondary]{} would work.  You could try deleting that line altogether.  And if you don't care about asteroids spawning near Gael and Ciro, just delete Asteroids.cfg.

5 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

I would have thought !Asteroid:HAS[~author[*]]:NEEDS[!GPP_Secondary]{} would work.  You could try deleting that line altogether.  And if you don't care about asteroids spawning near Gael and Ciro, just delete Asteroids.cfg.

I tried deleting the .cfg but still no new asteroids spawn in the stock system. Also the asteroids around Ciro don't despawn now. I tried deleting the Asteroids.cfg in GEP and GPP_Secondary too and the same thing happens.

3 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Need more information.  For starters, what other mods do you have installed (e.g. scatterer, EVE)?  Also, what versions of everything are you using.

Thanks for the reply!

Pretty heavily modded.

Full mod list & Versions:

Animated Decouplers (AnimatedDecouplers v1.4.2)
AT Utils (AT-Utils v1.9.0)
Aviation Lights (AviationLights 1:v4.1.0)
B9 Aerospace - HX Parts Pack (B9AerospaceHX 1:v6.6.0)
B9 Aerospace Parts Pack (B9 1:v6.6.0)
B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - Fork (B9-PWings-Fork 1:v0.93)
B9 Aerospace Props (B9-props 1:v6.6.0)
B9 Animation Modules (B9AnimationModules v1.6.0)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.14.0)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.9.1)
Camera Tools (CameraTools v1.13.0)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.9.5)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 5.1.0.0)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.3.0.0)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.1)
Community Terrain Texture Pack (CommunityTerrainTexturePack 1:1.0.4)
Configurable Containers Core (ConfigurableContainers-Core 2.4.8)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.28.0)
Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor (ContractConfigurator-AnomalySurveyor 1.7.1)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 2:3.7.2.2)
Contract Pack: Clever Sats (ContractConfigurator-CleverSats 1.4)
Contract Pack: Field Research (ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.2.1)
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy (ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy 1.1.10)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.5.2)
Contract Parser (ContractParser 9.0)
Contracts Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 9.4)
Crowd Sourced Science (CrowdSourcedScience v5.3)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.20.0)
Custom Pre Lauch Checks (CustomPreLaunchChecks 1.8.1)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 1.2.1)
Distant Object Enhancement Continued (DistantObject v2.0.0.1)
Distant Object Enhancement Continued default config (DistantObject-default v2.0.0.1)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.4.3)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.1.6.0)
Engine Lighting (EngineLighting 1.5.1)
Environmental Visual Enhancements (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 2:EVE-1.8.0-2)
Extraplanetary Launchpads (ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads 6.7.2.0)
Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 3.2.5)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 1.8.1-3479)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.15)
Freedom Textures (FreedomTex 1:v1.5.1.0)
Galileo's Planet Pack (GPP 1:1.6.3.1)
Global Construction Core (GroundConstruction-Core 2.6.0)
GPP HighRes clouds (GPPCloudsHighRes 1.6.3.1)
GPP Secondary (GPPSecondary 1.6.3.1)
GPP Textures (GPPTextures 4.2.1)
Heat Control (HeatControl 0.5.1)
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 1.1.2)
HullcamVDS Continued (HullcamVDSContinued 0.2.0)
Interstellar Fuel Switch (InterstellarFuelSwitch 3.16.0.5)
Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 3.16.0.5)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.12.0.0)
Kerbal Atomics (KerbalAtomics 1:1.1.2)
Kerbal Atomics - Liquid Fuel Only (KerbalAtomics-NTRsUseLF 1.1.2)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.6)
Kerbal Changelog (KerbalChangelog v1.3.0)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.7.1)
Kerbal Foundries2 (KerbalFoundriesContinued 2.4.8.18)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.25)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.5.1)
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems (KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems v1.6.11)
Kerbal Reusability Expansion (SpaceXLegs 2.8.5)
Kerbal-Konstructs (KerbalKonstructs 1.8.1.15)
Konstruction (Konstruction 1.3.0.0)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.8.1-1)
KS3P (KS3P V6.1)
KSP Interstellar Extended (KSPInterstellarExtended 1.25.22.5)
KSP Wheel (KSPWheel 1:0.16.14.33)
Mark IV Spaceplane System (MarkIVSpaceplaneSystem 3.1.1)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.9.2.0)
MechJeb and Engineer for all! (MechJebForAll 1.3.0.6)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.7.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.3)
Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 1.2.2)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 1.1.2)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 1.1.2)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.6.2)
Near Future Launch Vehicles (NearFutureLaunchVehicles 2.0.2)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 1.2.1)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 1.2.2)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 1.2.2)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.3.1)
Near Future Spacecraft - LFO Engines (NearFutureSpacecraft-OrbitalLFOEngines 1.3.1)
OPT Reconfig (OPTReconfig 1.9.2)
Orbit Portal Technology [OPT] Spaceplane Parts (Legacy) (OPTSpacePlaneParts 1:1.6.2)
Outer Planets Mod (OuterPlanetsMod 2:2.2.7)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.17.1)
Photon Sailor (PhotonSailor 1.5.0.5)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v2.0.3)
Procedural Parts - Saturn / Nova Texture Pack (ProceduralParts-Textures-SaturnNova 1.2)
Procedural Parts - Ven's Revamp Style Textures (VensStylePPTextures 1.1)
Progress Parser (ProgressParser 11.0)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.31.3)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v13.3.1)
Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v4.0.1)
ReStock (ReStock 1.1.2)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.1.2)
Retractable Lifting Surface Module (RetractableLiftingSurface 0.2.1.1)
SCANsat (SCANsat v20.1)
scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.055)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 3:v0.055)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.055)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.8.14.0)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (StationPartsExpansionRedux 1.3.5)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer v4.1.1)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.5.9.24)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.0.5)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.10.0.0)
Tundra Exploration - Stockalike Dragon V2 and Falcon 9 (TundraExploration 1.7.2.1)
Tundra Technologies (TundraTechnologies 1.7.2.1)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.4.3.14)
Universal Storage (UniversalStorage 1.4.0.0)
USI Core (USI-Core 1.3.0.0)
USI Exploration Pack (USI-EXP 1.3.0.0)
USI Freight Transport Technologies (USI-FTT 1.3.0.0)
USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) (UKS 1:1.3.0.0)
USI Life Support (USI-LS 1.3.0.0)
USI Tools (USITools 1.3.0.0)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.8.1)
WorldStabilizer (WorldStabilizer 0.9.7-ksp-1.8.1)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)

No visual mods other than scatterer, EVE, & the high res cloud textures that come with GPP.

KSP version 1.8

56 minutes ago, Dizezed Zebra said:

I tried deleting the .cfg but still no new asteroids spawn in the stock system. Also the asteroids around Ciro don't despawn now. I tried deleting the Asteroids.cfg in GEP and GPP_Secondary too and the same thing happens.

Deleting the cfg will stop asteroids from spawning in the Ciro system.  That's to be expected.  But I don't know why they're not spawning in the stock system.  Can you try starting a new game to see if they spawn?

30 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Deleting the cfg will stop asteroids from spawning in the Ciro system.  That's to be expected.  But I don't know why they're not spawning in the stock system.  Can you try starting a new game to see if they spawn?

Yep, they started spawning on a new save. Only like 2 or 3 at a time, but I can't remember what the default was, and it's better than zero! So does this mean that asteroids will never spawn in the stock system on my current save? And the asteroids around Ciro will never despawn?

2 minutes ago, Dizezed Zebra said:

Yep, they started spawning on a new save. Only like 2 or 3 at a time, but I can't remember what the default was, and it's better than zero! So does this mean that asteroids will never spawn in the stock system on my current save? And the asteroids around Ciro will never despawn?

I recently was just looking at asteroids in the stock game for something else.  I was typically getting about 7 or 8 around Kerbin at any one time.  They had really short untracked lifetimes, however.  Like about 40-80 days as I recall.  I'm not sure why we have such long lifetimes in GPP.  I'm thinking that we may need to reexamine that decision.

There might not be anything wrong with your original solution -- !Asteroid:HAS[~author[*]]:NEEDS[!GPP_Secondary]{}.  It could be that wasn't working only because you were testing it in an old save.  In a new game it might work, and it should produce asteroids in both star systems.

Regarding how to get asteroids to spawn in the stock system in your current save, I'm afraid I really don't know.  Perhaps it just needs more time.

1 hour ago, lane1572 said:

Thanks for the reply!

Pretty heavily modded.

Full mod list & Versions:

No visual mods other than scatterer, EVE, & the high res cloud textures that come with GPP.

KSP version 1.8

Replace the following file,

GameData/GPP/GPP_Scatterer/Configs/OPM_planetsList.cfg

with this one,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pebry2onu46bbdk/OPM_planetsList.cfg?dl=0

That should fix the problem.

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

Replace the following file,

GameData/GPP/GPP_Scatterer/Configs/OPM_planetsList.cfg

with this one,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pebry2onu46bbdk/OPM_planetsList.cfg?dl=0

That should fix the problem.

That is definitely improved. Now the correct side of the planet is lit up 

YbeO4Ra.png

Still much darker than it was pre GPP install and it looks like there is a ghosted circle inside the outter one. This is what it looked like before (SVE was installed for this picture and was removed when I installed GPP, not sure if that accounts for any or all of the difference)

W5DIwXp.png

Edited by lane1572

42 minutes ago, lane1572 said:

Still much darker than it was pre GPP install and it looks like there is a ghosted circle inside the outter one.

I don't know what the ghosted circle is.  The planets being more dimly lit is by design.  In stock KSP sunlight does not diminish with distance - it is infinite.  That doesn't work when there are multiple stars or else everything will be brightly lit by all light sources.  GPP_Secondary add "sunlight intensity curves" to reduce the illumination as we move farther away from a star.  Eventually the light fades to zero, so planets orbiting the Sun aren't illuminated by Ciro, and those orbiting Ciro aren't illuminated by the Sun.  The OPM planets lie far from the Sun so they are more dimly illuminated.  Without GPP_Secondary you are seeing them illuminated with the same amount of light as the inner planets.

24 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

I don't know what the ghosted circle is.  The planets being more dimly lit is by design.  In stock KSP sunlight does not diminish with distance - it is infinite.  That doesn't work when there are multiple stars or else everything will be brightly lit by all light sources.  GPP_Secondary add "sunlight intensity curves" to reduce the illumination as we move farther away from a star.  Eventually the light fades to zero, so planets orbiting the Sun aren't illuminated by Ciro, and those orbiting Ciro aren't illuminated by the Sun.  The OPM planets lie far from the Sun so they are more dimly illuminated.  Without GPP_Secondary you are seeing them illuminated with the same amount of light as the inner planets.

Oh ok makes sense. Dim is cool too. Thanks for your time and energies!

42 minutes ago, Drupegod02 said:

What version of scatterer should i have for 1.9.1? because 0.061 makes all atmospheres black including the water

I don't recommend 1.9.1 as this time.  The 1.9.1-1 version of Kopernicus is a pre-release and still quite buggy.  It's not ready for general use yet.

43 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

I don't recommend 1.9.1 as this time.  The 1.9.1-1 version of Kopernicus is a pre-release and still quite buggy.  It's not ready for general use yet.

well for 1.8.1 aswell the sky and water turn black with scatterer 0.061

4 hours ago, Drupegod02 said:

well for 1.8.1 aswell the sky and water turn black with scatterer 0.061

I think the current scatterer configs are written for pre-0.052.  You may have to go all the way back to 0.0336.  But to be honest, I really don't remember what works and what doesn't.