[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 hour ago, The Minmus Derp said:

It also says that I can download GPP Secondary in the OP, but there's no download link. Does it come with the main pack as an optional mod?

Yes, it comes with the main pack, inside the folder "Optional Mods".

@The Minmus Derp Thanks for noticing. Sounds good.

I'd like to mention that GPP has been around for nearly a solid 4 years and it wasn't trending back then to have star systems really far apart (afaik). GPP can be me moved out some but I would think only up to 20/100 that distance.

purely curious: what is Ciro's distance relative to Cercani of Other Worlds Rebooted?

Whoever designed Catullus, thank you for the equatorial plateau... Despite a minor explosion on the way up Jeb was still able to make it to the Catullus orbital station thanks to the delta-v savings of starting at 13km altitude. Here's the best picture I got from the whole affair. If anyone's interested in the lander I can share that too

Spoiler

wCMSpfP.png

On a slightly related note, after taking a world's first contract to splash down on Tarsiss, I was at first slightly frustrated at the lack of any equatorial methane lakes, but after getting a drone to one and looking around I discovered just how cool it was that I got off the equator. Something about everything on an angle made for a view that was well worth the plane change.

Spoiler

AaTBfzO.png

Hats off to the devs on this. Thanks for making us work for the coolest views!
Also, I noticed from orbit that the lakes are a milky white but on the surface they're blue-green. Is this intended or a bug?

1 hour ago, frozenbinary said:

For GPP should I be playing with Kerbalism or MKS/USI Life support?  Seems like there's a lot more thought put into MKS.

They are both pretty different experiences, but I think both can be enjoyable depending on the gameplay experience you want.  If you are new to KSP, think MKS/USI is more forgiving.  If you want to see Kerbalism in action, I've been watching Mike Aben's Expedition Eve series on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MikeAben.  However, GPP support in Kerbalism appears to slotted in the next Kerbalism update.  If you are familiar with Github, the configs are there to grab to add to your installation.

Edited by hemeac

18 minutes ago, hemeac said:

They are both pretty different experiences, but I think both can be enjoyable depending on the gameplay experience you want.  If you are new to KSP, think MKS/USI is more forgiving.  If you want to see Kerbalism in action, I've been watching Mike Aben's Expedition Eve series on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MikeAben.  However, GPP support in Kerbalism appears to slotted in the next Kerbalism update.  If you are familiar with Github, the configs are there to grab to add to your installation.

Mike Aben actually reminded me about Kerbalism and decided to try it out with GPP and I've starting sending probes to Tellumo and Niven.  Just decided to check out the GPP wiki to see that the resources was made for MKS and that maybe I should switch.  Kerbalism's science is intresting anyway.

33 minutes ago, frozenbinary said:

Mike Aben actually reminded me about Kerbalism and decided to try it out with GPP and I've starting sending probes to Tellumo and Niven.  Just decided to check out the GPP wiki to see that the resources was made for MKS and that maybe I should switch.  Kerbalism's science is intresting anyway.

If you go to GPP/GPP_Resources/Res_CRP, you will be able to see which resources were added to GPP Planets.  Think they have added everything used in the MKS production chains.

Edited by hemeac

2 hours ago, hemeac said:

I think for now I'll just stick to my current Kerbalism save.  If I get tired of it I'll probably just try USI/MKS and some more mods.

On 9/26/2020 at 4:09 AM, darwinpatrick said:

On a slightly related note, after taking a world's first contract to splash down on Tarsiss, I was at first slightly frustrated at the lack of any equatorial methane lakes, but after getting a drone to one and looking around I discovered just how cool it was that I got off the equator. Something about everything on an angle made for a view that was well worth the plane change.

Hide contents

AaTBfzO.png

Hats off to the devs on this. Thanks for making us work for the coolest views!
Also, I noticed from orbit that the lakes are a milky white but on the surface they're blue-green. Is this intended or a bug?

Wow, is that red star grannus?

It's brighter than I thought!