[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

14 hours ago, Shad_The_Knight said:

Is the mod finished (as in, it is the final build and will not be updated for future ksp releases, like how it is freezing for 1.11)?

There may be future updates, but not because of any particular KSP version.  The current version of GPP should work with KSP 1.11.1, provided you are using the correct Kopernicus.

On 3/7/2021 at 6:47 PM, OhioBob said:

There may be future updates, but not because of any particular KSP version.  The current version of GPP should work with KSP 1.11.1, provided you are using the correct Kopernicus.

Which version should I be using, because I am using the versions 1.11 one: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases. Whenever I play the planet pack, it works UNTIL I get to iota, where it freezes after leaving time warp. Should I be using the Bleeding Edge one?

1 hour ago, Shad_The_Knight said:

Which version should I be using, because I am using the versions 1.11 one: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases. Whenever I play the planet pack, it works UNTIL I get to iota, where it freezes after leaving time warp. Should I be using the Bleeding Edge one?

The link is the correct Kopernicus,  I don't know what's causing your freezing problem, it could be anything.  Best thing to do is remove all your mods except the minimum required for GPP:

• GPP
  • Kopernicus
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  • ModuleManager

Then test it to see if it works.  If it does, then the problem likely isn't GPP or Kopernicus.  Add your mods back until you figure out which one is causing the problem. 

35 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

The link is the correct Kopernicus,  I don't know what's causing your freezing problem, it could be anything.  Best thing to do is remove all your mods except the minimum required for GPP:

• GPP
  • Kopernicus
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  • ModuleManager

Then test it to see if it works.  If it does, then the problem likely isn't GPP or Kopernicus.  Add your mods back until you figure out which one is causing the problem. 

Actually, having the bleeding edge version solved the freezing issues. There is no other mod in my game folder that would've caused that besides the life support and hyperedit mods, but both of them were removed and I still had the issue.

1 hour ago, Shad_The_Knight said:

Actually, having the bleeding edge version solved the freezing issues. There is no other mod in my game folder that would've caused that besides the life support and hyperedit mods, but both of them were removed and I still had the issue.

If it happened in the stable release but not the bleeding edge version, then it may be an issue with Kopernius.  Perhaps you should report the problem to the Kopernicus devs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 1:31 AM, Shad_The_Knight said:

I have the exact same issue. The game freezes when I want to stop a time warp, generally when I'm close to the edge of a SOI. It also happens in the tracking station so I don't think this is a texture loading problem as some people pointed out.

I tried the bleeding edge version, but for me it did not solve anything. The only solution I have that works is to downgrade to an earlier version of the planet pack.

The freeze is 100% reproducible on my 2 computers, and it happens without any other mods.

Weird thing that I noticed, the further I am from Gael the more the more frequent the crash is : 

Low Gael orbit : Never crashed
Close to Iota : crashes like 1/5 of the time
Close to Ceti : crashes like 90% of the time.

Hope this can give some insight.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Blalo said:

When I use GPP Secondary, the suns sunflare is the default [The yellow one] and not the scatterer sunflare [The white one]

That's normal.  The white scatterer sunflare is for Ciro, not the Sun.

1 hour ago, Blalo said:

Huh, is there a way to change it?

You'd have to write a config for it.  Perhaps you can reverse engineer what's already there for Ciro and apply it to the Sun.

• 2 weeks later...

I've ran into an issue with the shadows in atmosphere. https://imgur.com/a/yfVa7Wl It only happens with EVE installed, I have a 1.11.2 install. I had a lot of mods installed, but I moved them to a another folder. The shadows also flicker, faster when you move the camera.

Edited by Nebulagoodies

Hey got a terrain issue on Iota. Was driving with my craft over the surface to pick some Kerbals up. At the last hill half of the craft went under the surface, but didnt explode. I drove into the spot for the video and my Craft stuck under the terrain, unable to get any kind of friction. After the Video i wiggled a bit with the roboic parts and it exploded :/

Video showing it: https://youtu.be/jkmyYso9h-Q

6 hours ago, Unilif said:

Hey got a terrain issue on Iota. Was driving with my craft over the surface to pick some Kerbals up. At the last hill half of the craft went under the surface, but didnt explode. I drove into the spot for the video and my Craft stuck under the terrain, unable to get any kind of friction. After the Video i wiggled a bit with the roboic parts and it exploded :/

Video showing it: https://youtu.be/jkmyYso9h-Q

Your video is private I'm afraid.

• 3 weeks later...

Is Thalia meant to be really hot? I had pieces of my ship exploding in orbit: first four Gigantors exploded, but that could feasibly be due to a 20-minute NERV burn, but then two Hitchhikers and a cupola all exploded during time warp- not physics warp, 100x on-rails time warp. I cheated the surviving lander to orbit Icarus and there were no heating issues at all, but the moment I cheated the craft back to orbit Thalia the heat came back and I had thermal warnings on many parts from high orbit right down to the surface.

4 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

really hot

Yes, there is a sorta heat belt in space and surface is hot too. And recent Kopernicus fixed HazardousBody module which was broken, like, for a year and was responsible for this, now it's working and you are cooked.

On 7/12/2020 at 12:09 AM, Rockmonster0921 said:

Hello!

I went through the following installation instructions: 

I have Scatterer and E.V.E. 

I am having a few problems

1: The Galeian Terminator Line is VERY abrupt (at least on the atmosphere, you can see that there is some gradient on the surface itself)

https://imgur.com/a/1j0ebOc

2: There doesn't seem to be any atmosphere apart from  clouds 

https://imgur.com/a/7fJA82r

Both of these do not match existing media i have seen, clearly i have done somthing wrong

please advise

Ok this is an old post but I’m currently having the exact same problem. Reinstalled scatterer and still wonky. I see the contents of the GPP_scatterer folder look the same as the contents of the scatterer folder except one has configs for stock and the other for GPP.  Do I need to replace the scatterer folder with the contents from the GPP one? Also in logs this line is spammed:

[EXC 11:25:12.238] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
scatterer.SunFlare.updateProperties () (at <36bf44bca099450cb9f22f4b65b82426>:0)
scatterer.SunflareCameraHook.OnPreRender () (at <36bf44bca099450cb9f22f4b65b82426>:0)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I can send the full logs but this seems to be the issue 

I haven’t reinstalled GPP and have a lot of mods, but no other visuals except for EVE

1 hour ago, Daedalus3000 said:

Ok this is an old post but I’m currently having the exact same problem. Reinstalled scatterer and still wonky. I see the contents of the GPP_scatterer folder look the same as the contents of the scatterer folder except one has configs for stock and the other for GPP.  Do I need to replace the scatterer folder with the contents from the GPP one? Also in logs this line is spammed:

[EXC 11:25:12.238] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
scatterer.SunFlare.updateProperties () (at <36bf44bca099450cb9f22f4b65b82426>:0)
scatterer.SunflareCameraHook.OnPreRender () (at <36bf44bca099450cb9f22f4b65b82426>:0)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I can send the full logs but this seems to be the issue 

I haven’t reinstalled GPP and have a lot of mods, but no other visuals except for EVE

I haven't had this exact problem but it is usually one of three things :

1.  It could be an installation problem. Make sure that you have unzipped everything in the correct folder, make sure you have no GameData folder within your GameData folder. Sometimes mods come zipped with a GameData folder that you are supposed to merge with the game's GameData folder but sometimes if you're tired and installing 200 different mods you can make a mistake and extract it inside your GameData instead of merging it. It happens, even if you're pretty sure that you did everything right, never hurts to check.

2. Configs conflict. It could be that another mod is trying to push configs for scatterer after GPP and it breaks everything. Make absolutely sure that you don't have some obsolete scatterer configs lying around, and that you don't have any other mod that comes with bundled scatterer configs. GPP should be capable of overriding the stock Scatterer configs but any other mod trying to do the same thing could cause this issue. Rather than looking at the KSP.log file, you might find more information about this in the ModuleManager.log file which should be located in the Logs/ModuleManager folder. Also make sure you don't have any extra EVE config files anywhere in your GameData folder.

3. Version mismatch. Make sure that all the mods versions you are using are compatible with each other and with the version of KSP you are using. Make sure your Kopernicus version matches your KSP version. Make sure your Scatterer version is compatible and is the latest version available for your KSP version. Same for EVE and every other visual mod you have installed.

On 7/3/2021 at 9:48 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Is Thalia meant to be really hot? I had pieces of my ship exploding in orbit: first four Gigantors exploded, but that could feasibly be due to a 20-minute NERV burn, but then two Hitchhikers and a cupola all exploded during time warp- not physics warp, 100x on-rails time warp. I cheated the surviving lander to orbit Icarus and there were no heating issues at all, but the moment I cheated the craft back to orbit Thalia the heat came back and I had thermal warnings on many parts from high orbit right down to the surface.

It's supposed to be sort of weirdly radioactive but heat is the only stock mechanic that can approximate that. Upgrading the Astronaut Complex in GPP will make your Kerbals suit more heat-resistant, allowing for longer EVAs on Thalia. And also it is supposed to be a mean angry planet and I don't think you're really supposed to be fully aware of its dangers when you get there, meaning don't worry we all got cooked the first time too.

On 7/3/2021 at 3:48 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

There are belts of heat around Thalia, you must have been unlucky and just happened to park your craft right in the middle of the one of the hottest zones.  Changing altitude can lessen the heating effect.  There's also excess heat on the surface, but how severe depends on where you are.  Icarus isn't completely safe either.

12 hours ago, Yukkine said:

Is there a unorthodox way of fixing the scatterer not showing on map bug? It's also affecting the planets on JNSQ and it's a little frustrating.

Now, the sky on JNSQ kerbin is black when flying, what's causing it? I'm using 1.10.1 with JNSQ as main system and GPP with GPP Secondary.

Hi, i just recently downloaded the mod and been playing around with it. Its great so far, but i keep running into graphical issues. i'm currently running on the latest build of ksp, 1.12.1, and i'm using scatterer and EVE.  i'm using the latest version of EVE redux, and scatterer 0.0336. The issue i'm running into is the black skybox/no water problem it seems some other people have run into in the past.  i can't figure out how to attach a png, but essentially the water doesn't render at all and the sky is black with the exception of the clouds from gpp_clouds. Could this be an install problem? i redownloaded the GPP_scatterer file which doesn't seem to have helped.  I've been letting ckan install things mostly but i feel like some files might have gotten put in the wrong place or just not downloaded. I don't have any loose config files laying around that might be interfering.

Addendum: After monkeying around a bit, i think i've come to the point where i'm just going to leave scatterer uninstalled and keep EVE installed. Its not quite as pretty, but it seems to more or less work as intended. If anyone has any suggestions on getting scatterer to work though i'd be grateful to hear them!