[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

What would I need to change here to make the asteroids about 100 times larger? The size parameters do not seem to match up to their mass directly. 

Asteroid
    {
        name = GalileanBelt
        interval = 15
        probability = 15
        minUntrackedLifetime = 99
        maxUntrackedLifetime = 99
        spawnGroupMinLimit = 45
        spawnGroupMaxLimit = 60

Locations
            {
                Around
                {
                    Body
                    {
                        body = Ciro
                        probability = 25
                        reached = False
                        semiMajorAxis
                        {
                            minValue = 14984359719
                            maxValue = 21375000000
                        }
                        eccentricity
                        {
                            minValue = 0
                            maxValue = 0.4
                        }
                        inclination
                        {
                            minValue = 0
                            maxValue = 6
                        }
                        longitudeOfAscendingNode
                        {
                            minValue = 0
                            maxValue = 360
                        }
                        argumentOfPeriapsis
                        {
                            minValue = 0
                            maxValue = 360
                        }
                        meanAnomalyAtEpoch
                        {
                            minValue = 0
                            maxValue = 360
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
        Size
        {
            key = 0   0
            key = 0.3 0.45
            key = 0.7 0.55
            key = 1   1
        }
    }

8 hours ago, Galileo said:

Also, is Grannus supposed to be a deep red? It seems a lot darker than a color temperature of 3400K (M2) would suggest. Maybe my configs were not properly changed when I updated GPP - I am not sure

Assuming it is a black body: it will radiate photons 86% in the infrared, 12.5% in the visible, and what little is left in the ultraviolet.

1 hour ago, MaxL_1023 said:

What would I need to change here to make the asteroids about 100 times larger? The size parameters do not seem to match up to their mass directly. 

Size
        {
            key = 0   0
            key = 0.3 0.45
            key = 0.7 0.55
            key = 1   1
        }

Sorry, dude. There's no known way to scale the asteroids. it's why I've seen people still requesting higher classes than E.

If I knew how to control this floatcurve I could make a field full of only A class, or only E class. That's the best anyone's going to get. :/ 

Edited by JadeOfMaar

4 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I built a 100-ton nuclear powered tug with 100 km/s of delta-v from top of the line ion engines, all to tug a 3 ton asteroid. 6 million funds for 3 tons of ore.

Try ART! A-Class with around 100k metric tones is normal there:wink: on normal scale. The way for sure is to send every time a Scanprobe beforehand. Send 5-10 up, it belonges how agressive you will be, make flybys and/or grapple them for scanning. Or use insitu miners. Mine on place and bring only ore away. 

The stock version for dragging the boulders around is not realy realistic. My workaround is to install a reprocessing station on one big with a fleet of automatic small parasite miners. As the big one is depleted install tankage there and let the small one bring ore in from asteroids on near positions.

I hope you see some brainstorming options for play for you.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

30 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Question: was testing some stuff tonight, and jumped ahead and played with Lilli. The SOI and orbital displays got very... strange. IIRC this was a known thing but had been fixed, is 6.4 maybe exacerbating it?

you will have to be more specific. Everything plays fine in stock size as far as i know

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

you will have to be more specific. Everything plays fine in stock size as far as i know

The orbits and time to encounter were jumping around a lot, which was annoying, but then when I'd go to time warp, the whole big rock would jump around. Like, one moment I'm on the day side, the next I'm on the night. Phys warp worked fine. I hyperedited into Tellumo orbit, maybe that had something to do with it?

4 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

The orbits and time to encounter were jumping around a lot, which was annoying, but then when I'd go to time warp, the whole big rock would jump around. Like, one moment I'm on the day side, the next I'm on the night. Phys warp worked fine. I hyperedited into Tellumo orbit, maybe that had something to do with it?

I have no idea. That definitely doesn't happen to me, even with hyper edit.

13 hours ago, astroheiko said:

The flight plan I thought so:
First Icarus with stopover at Eta to refuel.
Then return to Eta and continue to Tellumo. Refueling at Lilli.
Then Gratian and refuel at Geminus.
Then Jannah, refuel and go to Tarsiss.
At the end then Catullus.

I can't see how you could possibly get that thing up from Tellumo. Care to elaborate on your plan?

3 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Sounds like Hyperedit to me.  I've seen the same thing happen with Hyperedit, in stock as well as with GPP.  From KSP 0.9 through today.  

Try instead using a sandbox and flying there under high warp, without Hyperedit and see if the problem goes away.

@Galileo I finally got to savor GPP for itself in its full glory with reasonable framerate. By copying KSP onto my dad's main PC that he can no longer use because... reasons. Full texture quality, 1080p + GPP Clouds. :) I was so happy I could have kebalized myself, grabbed a soap and take a bath in Augustus' sandstorms... Yes...bathing in deadly billowing sandstorms.

64605157.jpg

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Galileo I finally got to savor GPP for itself in its full glory with reasonable framerate. By copying KSP onto my dad's main PC that he can no longer use because... reasons. Full texture quality, 1080p + GPP Clouds. :) I was so happy I could have kebalized myself, grabbed a soap and take a bath in Augustus' sandstorms... Yes...bathing in deadly billowing sandstorms.

64605157.jpg

Pics or never happens:D

Good playtime Chummer

Urses 

15 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

Assuming it is a black body: it will radiate photons 86% in the infrared, 12.5% in the visible, and what little is left in the ultraviolet.

That sounds right.  Grannus has a surface temperature of 3550 K, which means its peak emission wavelength is about 820 nm.  This is below the visible spectrum in the infrared.

8 hours ago, Luovahulluus said:

I can't see how you could possibly get that thing up from Tellumo. Care to elaborate on your plan?

Somewhere in this mess is a spaceplane hidden. This has to be assembled in the orbit of Tellumo from two parts. In the end, this looks like this:

XTVve2t.jpg

After the landing the airbrakes and parachutes are discarded. Starting with the Rapiers, which are then switched to closed mode at an altitude of about 10-12km. If the outer tanks are empty they are thrown away together with the rapiers and the rest is to reach the orbit. 

What remains is then a Gratian and Tarsiss SSTO and can safely land on Catullus. So at least the plan is.

When it's time, I'll show you some pictures.

Greetings

Edited by astroheiko

4 minutes ago, astroheiko said:

Somewhere in this mess is a spaceplane hidden.

/snip

When it's time, I'll show you some pictures.

Greetings

The desing looks somehow organic maybe? Will be realy intersting to see the concept in endphase!

Funny Kabooms

Urses

On 4/12/2017 at 0:02 PM, OhioBob said:

I'd be shocked if Squad changed anything in stock KSP, but I suppose somebody could write a mod that changes it.  Though I think it would be a niche audience that would be interested in such a thing.  Personally, I have no problem with patched conics.  It's a reasonable simplification.

There's a mod for that! (KSP catch phrase?)

Principia, it's actually really impressive they have a n-body simulation working and "playable" in game.

However as expected it makes the game far more complex, which makes the idea of playability a very relative thing lol. But it does allow you to do all sorts of cool things like orbiting Lagrange points, low energy resonance transfers and other such real world maneuvers, plus the problem of orbital drift and degradation due to the tug of the Mun and even other bodies. It also causes problems like the stock Jool system being unstable and falling apart after 15 days, so they had to modify it so it won't sling planetoids around the Kerbin system (at least not in the first 100 years), but it's still very chaotic https://github.com/mockingbirdnest/Principia/wiki/On-the-dynamical-stability-of-Principia's-modified-Jool-system.

But as you said it's a very niche thing lol.

Sorry for the off topic :/ I just think Principia is such an awesome project, i have an install with just it to just screw around in sometimes.

@Urses

I had to build the lander around the spaceplane to keep the center of the thrust in the middle. So the cage seemed to me no bad idea. Until now everything has worked and the first stations are already done. I was on Eta for refueling and I've already landed on Icarus. Then again Eta and currently the vehicle is already on the way to Tellumo. This will be the most difficult part. The rest is then a children's game.

Awww ... beautiful Icarus.

Dr7pe49.jpg

Greetings

10 minutes ago, astroheiko said:

Awww ... beautiful Icarus.

Dr7pe49.jpg

Greetings

True:wink:

But i have to say beautiful craft too. 

My must be more bulkier (USI-LS) and i hate it to send loonely kerbals around:D

My smallest (Lander for the Ceti like moons) have 2 man and LS and habitat for 1 month. If i do my "spezial trick" and slam it in the ground:blush: i need some LS ressources for rescue. "DangIt!" and 1 of 10 landings is lithobrake or lithobreack.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Edited by Urses

This isn't my dad's PC (this is mine, able to run KSP again). But I can roll with this. Medium texture quality + Clouds at 1080p.

A celebratory and benchmark lap around Gael with the NOX Palladium commercial ultrasonic.

S7NZ691.jpg

pVGgrty.jpg qBHNzT7.jpg wf5dcgD.jpg 3Z29AZ8.jpg Avx15HP.jpg