Jump to content

[KSP 1.8.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.4] [01 July 2020]


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MaxxQ said:

Well, after two solid weeks of my current playthrough (or however long it's been - the days kinda blend together), I've decided to start a completely new science game.  Part of the reason is that I only need 8500 more science points to completely clear the tech tree.  This sounds like a good thing, until you realize that I've only done manned missions to Gael orbit, landing in all biomes of both Iota and Ceti, and landed Gaeleans at Niven (and I've barely explored Gael itself and harvested science from all those unchecked biomes).  The rest (read: MOST) of my science has come from probes sent to all the inner planets (inside of Gael's orbit), and one planet out from Gael.

I think I'm going to reduce the science rewards in this new playthrough a bit, just to force me to send some more manned missions to other planets ("Gaeled", or "Gaeleaned missions" sounds weird, so I'll stick with "manned").  This will also let me send off more probes to other planets, and their moons, and not rake in quite so much science so quickly - I'm only in Year 7 and almost all science gathered up.  That's one reason why I never use the science bays.  Picking up science is too quick as it stands at stock settings.  I brought home 13k science just from a single mission to Niven (as recapped in my earlier post on that flight), and while i was like, "YAY!", I was also like, "Damn!  That cleared nearly two rows of the tech tree!"

I also just added a few new mods, and got rid of a couple others that I wasn't really using, and just having the new parts pop up in an almost-toppled tech tree kinda bothers me.  The other kinda-sorta major reason is that I learned a few things about playing KSP and designing ships for a job in this last playthrough, and I want to try them out on a fresh start, as opposed to constant trial and error.

I'm not ever going to try to land and take off from Tellumo, though.  That planet only gets orbital scanning and science.  I'm only playing stock size, but even then, it's just too much for me to figure out. I spent a week or two in 1.2.2 trying to do that, and spent most of yesterday trying again, and I'm just throwing my hands up in defeat on this one (I may someday try again, but to be honest, I'm a bit lazy and it seems like too much work).  That's okay... it just means I need to get science from elsewhere.

I've really come to appreciate the value of mods which provide a sink for science points, especially for a planet pack as awesome as this one.  The best ones in my experience are CTT, KCT, and RnD (which can soak up tens of thousands of science points).  I'm looking forward to trying BARIS, as it provides a method to spend science points to increase the reliability of spacecraft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

I've really come to appreciate the value of mods which provide a sink for science points, especially for a planet pack as awesome as this one.  The best ones in my experience are CTT, KCT, and RnD (which can soak up tens of thousands of science points).  I'm looking forward to trying BARIS, as it provides a method to spend science points to increase the reliability of spacecraft.

Yeah, I keep waffling on KR&D (I've used it before).  I like the idea of having something to spend science points on, but KR&D can also be abused if one isn't careful.  There's also the issue of it not being compatible with some part mods - mods which I use a LOT.  If I do eventually install it, it'll be after I've more or less cleared the tech tree. 

I've never use KCT, and although it sounds interesting, I'm too impatient to wait for the vessels to be built, plus I do a LOT of build, fly, revert-style testing (I just tell myself it's computer simulations that they're doing at GSC :sticktongue: ).

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Galileo said:

Make sure you have the lastest sigma dimensions. It fixed its KSCswitcher compatibility 

Thanks, but that didn't work. Just to be sure I'm creating an entirely new install of KSP/GPP (which I've done a few times before). I have a new issue triggered by the install of Scatterer.

I installed KSP 1.3.0, GPP 1.4.0, GPP Textures 2.0.0, Kopernicus 1.3.0-4, Modular Flight Integrator, MM 2.8.1 and launched for the first time. No issues.

Next I installed GPP clouds (high res) and EVE 1.2.2.1 and launched a second time. No issues the clouds looked great.

I then added Scatterer in and suddenly the starscape shines brightly through the daytime sky. 

MqKxToa.jpg

I tried deleting Scatterer, but something else has been corrupted because even after I remove scatterer my sky doesn't go back to normal. Now the daytime sky isn't blue anymore, it's just a starscape with the sun showing. This is daytime now:

ScjeTzw.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Tyko
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello I still need support about my issue with GPP since when I try to recover a vessel it gives me this error: http://prntscr.com/ghuult

And it spams the same red error when I have EVE and GPP configs installed. 

Gamedata Screen : http://prntscr.com/ghuv5x

GPP Screen : http://prntscr.com/ghuvbu

Since someone asked for them earlier.

I tried with a fresh install with all my mods but it didn't help at all.

It is weird because I didn't run in to this issue until late game. 

And download to Output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7tiyt8u8l47veq/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NIcklett said:

Hello I still need support about my issue with GPP since when I try to recover a vessel it gives me this error: http://prntscr.com/ghuult

And it spams the same red error when I have EVE and GPP configs installed. 

Gamedata Screen : http://prntscr.com/ghuv5x

GPP Screen : http://prntscr.com/ghuvbu

Since someone asked for them earlier.

I tried with a fresh install with all my mods but it didn't help at all.

It is weird because I didn't run in to this issue until late game. 

And download to Output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7tiyt8u8l47veq/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks! :D

Might help if you had GPP_Clouds installed, otherwise have EVE in your gamedata is pointless.

 

Edited by Galileo
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NIcklett said:

But still there is two issues not only the EVE it is still the issue with revering the vessel. Can you help me with that??

not sure why you would be getting spam when recovering a vessel but I can tell you it's not GPP causing that.

It's probably one of our other many mods. Remove ALL of your mods except GPP and its dependencies. Then add you mods back a handful at a time until the issue occurs again. My guess is stage recovery, but I could be wrong. It's definitely not GPP. Follow my advice and you can narrow down to the culprit, then bring it up with that dev.

Edited by Galileo
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Galileo said:

not sure why you would be getting spam when recovering a vessel but I can tell you it's not GPP causing that.

It's probably one of our other many mods. Remove ALL of your mods except GPP and its dependencies. Then add you mods back a handful at a time until the issue occurs again. My guess is either stage recovery, but I could be wrong. It's definitely not GPP. Follow my advice and you can narrow down to the culprit, then bring it up with that dev.

Thanks! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyko said:

Thanks, but that didn't work. Just to be sure I'm creating an entirely new install of KSP/GPP (which I've done a few times before). I have a new issue triggered by the install of Scatterer.

I installed KSP 1.3.0, GPP 1.4.0, GPP Textures 2.0.0, Kopernicus 1.3.0-4, Modular Flight Integrator, MM 2.8.1 and launched for the first time. No issues.

Next I installed GPP clouds (high res) and EVE 1.2.2.1 and launched a second time. No issues the clouds looked great.

I then added Scatterer in and suddenly the starscape shines brightly through the daytime sky. 

MqKxToa.jpg

I tried deleting Scatterer, but something else has been corrupted because even after I remove scatterer my sky doesn't go back to normal. Now the daytime sky isn't blue anymore, it's just a starscape with the sun showing. This is daytime now:

ScjeTzw.jpg

Thanks for your help!

I would just reinstall everything from scratch. I have never seen those scatterer issues with GPP. Double check the latest version are installed yada yada.. in sure you already know. 

Mad for the KSCSwither problem, I just visited each site with the latest version of sigma, and everything is working fine. 

Like I said, you probably need to strip your gamedata down to just your squad folder and start again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tyko said:

Thanks for your help!

Also, when using KSCSwitcher, Scatterer has a hard time with the transition. Its just not used to it. When you see stars and the sky is dark, sometimes all that is needed is a scene change. go into the vab and exit. That usually fixes it. It may take 1 or 2 times for scatterer to fix itself. Its the same kind of bug as the ksc being flooded when scatterer is installed. 

Edited by Galileo
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Also, when using KSCSwitcher, Scatterer has a hard time with the transition. Its just not used to it. When you see stars and the sky is dark, sometimes all that is needed is a scene change. go into the vab and exit. That usually fixes it. It may take 1 or 2 times for scatterer to fix itself. Its the same kind of bug as the ksc being flooded when scatterer is installed. 

This is completely anecdotal, but I recognize that issue from playing RP-0. Can you narrow it down further @NIcklett? I don't think it has anything to do with Scatterer since I never had that installed.

 

Edited by Three_Pounds
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Three_Pounds said:

This is completely anecdotal, but I recognize that issue from playing RP-0. Can you narrow it down further @NIcklett? I don't think it has anything to do with Scatterer since I never had that installed.

 

It wasnt NIcklett with the issue, it was Tyko lol

Its a known issue with KSCSwitcher, and scatterer doesn't like it either. 

NIcklett's issue could be with a number of different mods, but they wont know until they narrow it down. 

Edited by Galileo
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm trying this mod out - I've got a fresh ksp install, follow the instructions, and it gives me "No GPP_Textures folder detected" except, the v20 textures are there in the GPP folder where they belong. The game starts and and I go into a new game with the new solar system, but the "no folder detected" popup stays over top of everything all the time.

my gamedata and gpp folders:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B05EkpLMj1ArRFRRektBTjUxNnc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B05EkpLMj1ArUnNCV1U2TE1mTkE

and the result

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B05EkpLMj1ArclBYX2Zxd2J3bms

 

Anyone have a suggestion as to what I'm doing wrong here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I would just reinstall everything from scratch. I have never seen those scatterer issues with GPP. Double check the latest version are installed yada yada.. in sure you already know. 

Mad for the KSCSwither problem, I just visited each site with the latest version of sigma, and everything is working fine. 

Like I said, you probably need to strip your gamedata down to just your squad folder and start again.

Thanks, but i don't have KSCSwitcher or Sigma installed. This is just a standard GPP install.

The install I described above included a complete new download of KSP and I downloaded fresh copies of every mod. I included the versions of all the mods - did any of those look incorrect? I've done it twice now and scatterer is altering the sky in some way that's persistent even if I remove scatterer and relaunch..I'm not really aware of how the presence of Scatterer could be making a change that persists even when Scatterer is uninstalled - I was hoping there's be a clue in there that would help solve this.

I've done the entire setup twice with the same results. I appreciate your help, but not sure how doing it a third time will fix anything?

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SuperKing said:

So I'm trying this mod out - I've got a fresh ksp install, follow the instructions, and it gives me "No GPP_Textures folder detected" except, the v20 textures are there in the GPP folder where they belong. The game starts and and I go into a new game with the new solar system, but the "no folder detected" popup stays over top of everything all the time.

my gamedata and gpp folders:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B05EkpLMj1ArRFRRektBTjUxNnc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B05EkpLMj1ArUnNCV1U2TE1mTkE

and the result

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B05EkpLMj1ArclBYX2Zxd2J3bms

 

Anyone have a suggestion as to what I'm doing wrong here?

You are trying to use the dev version. That's what's wrong. The links in the Install instructions, linked in the OP,  take you directly to the files you need. Use the latest release. You will get zero support when trying to use the dev version, and we have made that clear many times. 

Edited by Galileo
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Galileo said:

You are trying to use the dev version. That's what's wrong. The links in the Install instructions, linked in the OP,  take you directly to the files you need. Use the latest release. You will get zero support when trying to use the dev version, and we have made that clear many times. 

Thanks that worked.

Just fyi I wasn't using the dev version on purpose. Someone told me about the mod so I searched for "galileo planet pack download" which took me straight to github where there are installation instructions and a download link. Going back to look now that I know what was wrong, I see I could have gone to "releases" and found the correct version but I've never used github before and the big green "download" button caught my eye first.

The instructions on that page don't mention that I shouldn't use the version on that page, nor is there a link to this forum thread with correct links and additional information.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just look at it...

SG6bz7J.jpg

Taken during a very low 10.625x Tellumo flyby. Look at the feathering in the planet's shadow, as if some parts of the ring are thicker than others. Did you design that in or is it luck? And then the probe spotted

Spoiler

a small asteroid in two of the minor ring gaps!

Beautiful work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PLAD said:

Look at the feathering in the planet's shadow, as if some parts of the ring are thicker than others. Did you design that in or is it luck?

The ring texture features differing levels of transparency along its length. That applied with the lerping of the shadow has that kind of effect. Its not necessarily by luck, its just the result of many implemented effects that are allowable due to the great work of the dependent mods; in this case Kopernicus and Scatterer.

Edited by Poodmund
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I'm gonna steal this... with your permission of course?

It would be an honor!

Or if more a more formal reply is needed I authorize anyone to use that picture any way they see fit. Especially Galileo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE

Changelog:

v1.5.0

  • GPP_Textures 3.0.0 required.

  • The starting positions of most planets have been changed to provide better launch windows in years 1 and 2. This could be game-breaking for current saves.

  • The new sun curves have been added to Ciro and Grannus, curing the infinite multiple starlight problem. (Bodies get darker the further away they are).

  • Nero's precession has been fixed when using Environmental Visual Enhancements will appear to have a 10° axial tilt (no more perciveable wobble).

    • Nero's four moons are all now inclined in concert with the rings. See updated dV map in the download.

    • Nero has two new moonlets: Agrippina and Julia. This could be game-breaking.

  • Updated KSPedia.

  • Kerbalism support has been dropped from GPP. It will return natively in Kerbalism in a future update.

  • GPP now alerts the player if GPP_Textures are misplaced or missing.

  • Preliminary support (Planet Challenge settings) for Station Science Continued.

  • Planet texture updates. Be sure to download the latest.

  • GPP Secondary now handles visual packs. At minimum, SVE, GPP_Clouds, and sunflares for Stock + GPP work seamlessly.

  • Strategia "Private Sector" strategy is less cheaty, but still plentyful in rewards.

  • OPM_Galileo can populate Grannus SOI. https://github.com/Galileo88/OPM_Galileo/releases

  • Added resource setup for Far Future Technologies.

  • Rescale! now properly places Kerbal Konstructs statics when using Sigma Dimensions.

 

Download and Install instructions linked in the OP

Edited by Galileo
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Three_Pounds said:

Hype!

EDIT: which version of Koperincus is this using? I am getting conflicting information from the OP.

haven't edited it yet. Stand by

EDIT: Updated and links fixed!

Edited by Galileo
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nittany Tiger said:

So drop Kerbalism entirely now if playing with GPP, or does the Grannus removal trick still work?

We have dropped Kerbalism support in GPP. We don't like how it interacts with GPP in its current state. The Kerbalism dev will pick up support whenever it get updated again. If you choose to continue using Kerbalism you will have to keep using the cfg that was included in the last release. Nothing has changed in regard to how Kerbalism works with multiple stars, so you can keep Grannus removed if you would like. Just don't expect solar panels to work properly with kerbalism if you choose to keep it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...