[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

4 minutes ago, Disparia Books said:

Anyone have issues with Tweakscale and GPP (at 10.6 size)? Every time I tweak an engine's size...bad, bad things happen. And by bad I mean REALLY bad. This is what happens every time I change the size of an engine.

Though, to note before you watch, this was done on an old version of KSP with different mods and in no way related to what's happening on GPP. Though the cause of THAT particular failure was tweakscaling the nose cones. It was always the nose cones. This is about four installations and rounds of mods later that I'm having engine issues.

I would take this issue to the part mod dev or the tweakscale dev. The rescaled system size or GPP won't cause this issue.

5 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

And as you noted, everything takes a lot longer in 10.625x. It's not for everyone. I've settled on 2.5x for my current save, and am liking it a lot. If RL and time wasn't a factor, I'd be playing at a larger scale.

That's my issue with the larger scales, stuff just takes too long.   A typical launch at 10x is, what, like three times longer than stock scale?  I don't have the patience for that.  I think 2.5x is a nice in between scale.

25 minutes ago, Disparia Books said:

Anyone know how GPP at 10.6 scale works with Realistic Atmospheres? It installs and opens okay, but I'm wondering from a gameplay perspective if it's useful, compatible, or necessary?

I believe that Realistic atmospheres is built in to Sigma Dimensions at this point, so it should already be running in a rescaled system. @OhioBob is the mod's author, and he's also part of the GPP team.

41 minutes ago, Disparia Books said:

Anyone know how GPP at 10.6 scale works with Realistic Atmospheres? It installs and opens okay, but I'm wondering from a gameplay perspective if it's useful, compatible, or necessary?

Realistic atmospheres is just a bunch of kopernicus cfgs that give the stock planets more, well, realistic atmospheres. The Developer of that mod is also a developer on the GPP team, so the same attention to detail is already a part of GPP. 

Realistic atmospheres is only for the STOCK planets

I've been having a problem with solar panels in my GPP game, and I finally understand what is happening now and as such hopefully someone can help me fix it or manage it at least.

Basically I keep having panels pointing away from the sun, I first asked in @hraban's Contares thread as I was seeing it with his panels. As you see, two of three sets pointed right way, other one pointed near 90 degrees off.

kwfDoCXl.png

I kept looking at it and shrugging because I'm sure the tracking code is in the platform and mod developers just call those functions. But I just now figured out what is going on, the rebel panels are pointed toward Grannus, our semi-binary partner of the GPP main, Ciro. See:

IKhRws2.png

Once they open and decide Grannus is the star they want to track, I haven't been able to get them to reinitialize, or at least not that I've noticed. It seems like when the panel first opens it has to ask where is this star thing I'm supposed to orient relative to, and somehow it's getting the answer of Grannus instead of Ciro. I'd be surprised if I'm the first person seeing this, is there a known fix or workaround? I've had to start always fitting on fixed panels because sometimes my main tracking panels refuse to point to the right star.

44 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

I've been having a problem with solar panels in my GPP game, and I finally understand what is happening now and as such hopefully someone can help me fix it or manage it at least.

Basically I keep having panels pointing away from the sun, I first asked in @hraban's Contares thread as I was seeing it with his panels. As you see, two of three sets pointed right way, other one pointed near 90 degrees off.

kwfDoCXl.png

I kept looking at it and shrugging because I'm sure the tracking code is in the platform and mod developers just call those functions. But I just now figured out what is going on, the rebel panels are pointed toward Grannus, our semi-binary partner of the GPP main, Ciro. See:

IKhRws2.png

Once they open and decide Grannus is the star they want to track, I haven't been able to get them to reinitialize, or at least not that I've noticed. It seems like when the panel first opens it has to ask where is this star thing I'm supposed to orient relative to, and somehow it's getting the answer of Grannus instead of Ciro. I'd be surprised if I'm the first person seeing this, is there a known fix or workaround? I've had to start always fitting on fixed panels because sometimes my main tracking panels refuse to point to the right star.

Sounds like you aren’t on the latest Kopernicus. This is fixed in kopernicus v1.3.1-2. It has been fixed for a while now in 1.3.1

Edited by Galileo

49 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Sounds like you aren’t on the latest Kopernicus. This is fixed in kopernicus v1.3.1-2. It has been fixed for a while now in 1.3.1

Thanks. Yeah haven't bitten the bullet and moved to 1.31, but I thought I was on the latest Kopernicus for 1.30 and I thought it had fixes for GPP, that was one reason I went ahead with a GPP game as it looked like Kopernicus had sorted itself out and therefore all the mods relying on it. I'll go look to make sure I AM on the latest version for 1.30. Otherwise guess I will do the upgrade this weekend.

Downloading and installing the required mods shouldn't take more than what, five, ten minutes max?

CJBEWPNl.jpg

I know you folks been dealing with that for years, but this is my first cycle through an upgrade like this. I'm definitely having a dear god what have I done moment, I don't use CKAN. I may have to start for sanity preservation's sake.

And sorry, should have said that I was still on 1.30. 

2 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

Thanks. Yeah haven't bitten the bullet and moved to 1.31, but I thought I was on the latest Kopernicus for 1.30 and I thought it had fixes for GPP, that was one reason I went ahead with a GPP game as it looked like Kopernicus had sorted itself out and therefore all the mods relying on it. I'll go look to make sure I AM on the latest version for 1.30. Otherwise guess I will do the upgrade this weekend.

I took several releases for Kopernicus to get it right.  I wouldn't trust anything earlier than 1.3.1-2.

9 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

Downloading and installing the required mods shouldn't take more than what, five, ten minutes max?

CJBEWPNl.jpg

I know you folks been dealing with that for years, but this is my first cycle through an upgrade like this. I'm definitely having a dear god what have I done moment, I don't use CKAN. I may have to start for sanity preservation's sake.

And sorry, should have said that I was still on 1.30. 

Looks like a fun weekend :rolleyes:

One thing I tried with some success is using CKAN for the mods that CKAN handles well. Many of your listed mods install quite well with CKAN, and a few do not. It's really not an all or nothing situation with CKAN. So, since you are spending the time, look at the major things that you know will not be handled well in CKAN (GPP, USI at a minimum) and their dependencies (B9PartSwitch, scatterer, etc.) and remove them from your list. Start adding the remainder into CKAN. Once you think these CKAN packages install correctly, then manually install the rest.

It's a bit of work up front, but you may be able to automatically update more than 90% of your mods once you finish. The trick is to really make sure that none of the CKAN packages update anything in your manual installs.

Good Luck

I'm planning to scale up one of the moons of Gael to the size of the stock Mun (before scaling up the entire system to 2.5x) in order to justify the use of BDB's Apollo/Saturn hardware. Which one is better for that? Iota, that is already placed at the correct distance or larger, way heavier Ceti?

On 11/7/2017 at 9:45 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

@Disparia Books When you want to return to kerbal/stock size just remove Rescale! (It should be a single config file) and yes you can keep Sigma Dimensions and it won't do anything. There is no stock size config because GPP's default scale is stock scale.

I expect that changing your scale mid-game will upset if not break your save. The greater your scale, the greater the upset. But nothing should mess with your install and make things unplayable.

@RocketPCGaming is the go-to guy for advice on real-scale GPP. I expect him to advise (though not force you, of course) to skip RO and RealFuels and just use SMURFF and SSTU. He knows all the real-scale fun mods.

If have never played with Real Scale, Real Solar System before, jumping to this scale will be an eye-opener. As most of what works at stock scale won't work very well, if at all so you have to relearn most of what you thought you knew. Using SMURFF can take the edge off of going RO/ Real Fuels as those make KSP, arguably, a different game. Plus, those are intended to mimic human space flight and with GPP, well, they are Gaeleans! And much of RO is written specifically for RSS so will require quite a bit of .cfg editing to work as intended. Stop by my stream any time if you have questions!

@RocketPCGaming

I'm finding it a unique challenges to say the least. I ditched real fuels and went with the minor fuel overhaul as suggested on the previous page and it's working well.

My only issue now is that I keep losing probe control. Im thing to build a relay network but everything says no probe control, even the mighty jx2 sat. Does that scale mess with coms? 

And I will definitely check out the stream. When ulyou usually on?

Edit: smurff and mft for fuels

Edited by Disparia Books

17 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

Thanks for the mod but I was just wondering if there is an interplanetary guide around here for the pack?

Check out the KSPedia, it has much information about all the celestial bodies as well as a delta-v map.  If what you need isn't there, what else specifically that you're looking for?  I really don't know what you mean by "interplanetary guide."

1 minute ago, OhioBob said:

Check out the KSPedia, it has much information about all the celestial bodies as well as a delta-v map.  If what you need isn't there, what else specifically that you're looking for?  I really don't know what you mean by "interplanetary guide."

how to go to planets for noobs but thanks!

2 hours ago, Trekkie148 said:

how to go to planets for noobs but thanks!

The procedure for going to the planets is the same in GPP as it is in stock.  A planet is a planet, there's nothing special about GPP in that regard.  If you are just looking for some general information on how to travel to other planets, you should probably ask your question in the Gameplay forum.

Edited by OhioBob

11 hours ago, Gilph said:

Looks like a fun weekend :rolleyes:

One thing I tried with some success is using CKAN for the mods that CKAN handles well. Many of your listed mods install quite well with CKAN, and a few do not. It's really not an all or nothing situation with CKAN. So, since you are spending the time, look at the major things that you know will not be handled well in CKAN (GPP, USI at a minimum) and their dependencies (B9PartSwitch, scatterer, etc.) and remove them from your list. Start adding the remainder into CKAN. Once you think these CKAN packages install correctly, then manually install the rest.

Thanks, but how do I know which ones work well with CKAN and which don't? :)

7 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@vossiewulf Kopernicus 1.3.0-8 finally fixes solar panel issues and introduces manual star tracking. This should help.

I want a Like x 5 button. 

23 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Thanks, but how do I know which ones work well with CKAN and which don't? :)

The rule of tumb may be the modders Statement:

"If you have a CKAN problem ask there i don't use/support them!:mad:"

You find mostly a direkt links to CKAN in the OP's of modes where supporr runs smooth if there is nothing like it you will be better by using miniAVAC and install manualy.