[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It’s due to how scatterer is rendered. That’s a normal thing for large scale planet packs that have scatterer installed. It’s out it my hands unfortunately. 

Is there a way to remove atmospheric scattering from scatterer? I could live without that, but definitely not without the improved oceans...

Edited by Djolox

UPDATE:

Changelog:

v1.5.88 Sigma Edition

• Introduces Sigma Loading Screens
  • Introduces Sigma Replacements:
    • High quality heads
    • High quality suits
    • High quality navball
    • Custom admin heads
    • New default skybox included
      • The skybox will rotate at the start of each new game and will remain persistent within that save
  • Introduces Sigma Kerbal Descriptions: Adds fanciful semi-random quirks, descriptions, places of study, and colored profession labels to Gaeleans. Supports extra traits added by Colonists!, MKS and other mods
  • Added Sigma Gaelan and Raging Gaelan to veteran roster
    • All 6 devs are available by default at the start of a game
  • Added slight atmosphere to Leto
  • Even more Kerbal Konstructs goodies (thanks SpannerMonkey(smce))
    • Gulls on Gael 
    • Water launch sites in accordance with KSC Switcher 
    • Other winged creatures on Tellumo
  • Fixed ResearchBodies LOC tag issue(s)
  • Fixed broken localization at Lili
  • Fixed GPP_Renamer
  • Fixed contracts for Strategia.
  • Adjusted gas giant Scatterer cfgs

Download and install instructions in the OP.

Edited by Galileo

Mmmm... more breakage.

@Sigma88, will there be any issues if I take my old skybox from texture replacer and rename it like GalaxyTexXN.png, GalaxyTexXP.png, etc.? I still prefer that brilliant Milky Way.

Otherwise, heh, I had finally landed on Iota and returned in my 10.625x scale game. Since I'm starting new, I'm wondering if I ought to give myself a boatload of extra science and money for the science center to start, just so I can unlock parts which can reasonably get people to the moons. 19,000 m/s was a tough sell, even with SMURFF and cryo engines. I ended up sending three tankers in advance (enough to have one of them full), rendezvousing in low-Iota orbit, in order to have enough to land and return home. I might have overdone it, though, as I ended up with 22,000 m/s and was able to give myself and extra 3,000 m/s breaking before hitting atmosphere. That was a 1.25 m single pod, USI supplies, and 2.5 m parts with surface attached 1.25 m engines. I even tipped over while planting a flag, but nothing exploded when I used a hill as a launch ramp, so it was all good:

https://imgur.com/ZaVqfkT

Contrast that with the Saturn V, at 10 m diameter. It's no wonder we used such a monster for the Apollo program. Instead, I'm sitting here trying to strap a bunch of Titan II's together and land on toothpicks.

Edited by danfarnsy

Hi,

Got everything installed in my existing save, but was getting errors. If I went to a building and hit the arrow in the upper right to return to KSC, it froze.  I deleted the renamer folder and all was well again. It is also fine if I start a new save (I see the new Kerbals). The logs that contained the errors are here

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AigvIEvgjetqymocJqzan1F83Gbd

Thanks

Edited by Gilph

@Gilph Seems like a reasonable expectation that Renamer's updates would cause problems. Also, Renamer is a thing that should never be introduced mid-game. It should be very stable now, but we're waiting for feedback on that.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

WHAT THE WHAT?!?

(Cue SlowPoke meme...)

I just discovered GPP stickers can be changed in game!

(Sometime next year: @Galileo will be all like, "UPDATE: Version 2.3, now supporting neuron-interfaced VR, feel the heat of Thalia below your feet!" and I'll still be derping about "discovering" things in KSP 1.2.2. :/)

18 minutes ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

I just noticed Lilli isn't mentioned in the wiki and isn't included in the Dv map, that glorious space potato needs more love!

Lili was actually supposed to be a secret really early on in development. We went as far as to hide it’s orbit, and hide the body in map view. Not even tabbing could get you to it; it would skip right past it. It  was supposed to be one of those things that the player just stumbled upon. But that was way back then. We make it visible now and everyone knows about it, but we still want to keep it shrouded in some mystery. :wink: 

I discovered an interaction issue with this planet pack and Contract Configurator (specifically the Tourist Pack, though I suspect other packs may also be affected). The tourists get renamed by GPP but the contracts still have their old name and do not recognize them

1 minute ago, Spheniscine said:

I discovered an interaction issue with this planet pack and Contract Configurator (specifically the Tourist Pack, though I suspect other packs may also be affected). The tourists get renamed by GPP but the contracts still have their old name and do not recognize them

GPP is not compatible with a lot of contract packs, unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Spheniscine said:

Could you please post this as an issue on our Git repository (https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/issues) with a clean install of just GPP and its essential dependencies, Contract Configurator and the Tourism Contracts?

If you could do a small write of of this with reproduction steps and include all the usual log files of your bug test that would be helpful going forward with this issue between the Kerbal Renamer and Contract Configurator.

37 minutes ago, AG5BPilot said:

Does GPP 1.5.88 break save games?

You have to be careful with the Renamer, but other than that you should be good.  If your previous installation did not include the Renamer, then continue your current game without it.  After installing 1.5.88, delete the folder GPP_Renamer.

56 minutes ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

So i just got this contract

qx1YEPL.jpg

i have NEVER even seen one of those before, apparantly they are stock even... (pretty lucrative though, apart from the deliberatly having to crash into Gael...)

I'm surprised you say that. A frequent poster in here got several contracts to do sprints around 5+ bodies and return to Gael. The contracts were named just like this but the contract names didn't use a stock body. That part is new. :/ @Galileo ?

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'm surprised you say that. A frequent poster in here got several contracts to do sprints around 5+ bodies and return to Gael. The contracts were named just like this but the contract names didn't use a stock body. That part is new. :/ @Galileo ?

Has nothing to do with GPP.. I’d start with Contract Configurator or the contract pack. You can name contracts. And if someone named the contract “The Mun #” then that’s what it will be.. Or they are being dumb and drawing the name from the template or something stupid.

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Has nothing to do with GPP.. I’d start with Contract Configurator or the contract pack. You can name contracts. And if someone named the contract “The Mun #” then that’s what it will be.. Or they are being dumb and drawing the name from the template or something stupid.

Thing is, i don't have a contract pack for this. according to the KSP wiki these contracts exist in stock KSP but are just extremely rare

Just started toying with GPP here, and I had a question. Tellumo looks quiet beautiful.. is there any relatively easy way to put a permanent base option on that planet? Fully functional and usable just like KSP would be in the normal system. Basically, so I could play there instead of on Gael. Perhaps a way to swap Tellumo and Gael? (though you'd still probably have to figure out how to place a base on a suitable plot of land)

@AmpCat Sounds like you're looking for the Alien Space Program mod, which allows exactly what you describe in the stock system (such as basing your space program on Duna). Be forewarned, however, that Tellumo is a bear. Atmospheric pressure, gravity, and size conspire to make reaching orbit from Tellumo extremely difficult. Unless you already love operations on and around Eve, I'd stay away from any sort of extended operations on Tellumo.