[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

On 4/7/2019 at 12:56 AM, 4x4cheesecake said:

I guess the black sky is related to these values:

skyExposure = 0

At least, changing it to something > 0 will result in a blue sky. I've tried the values which where previously used for "skyRimExposure", since this entry no longer exists. IMO, it looks fine so far :)

Reveal hidden contents

Fpwevin.png

Thank you!

Problem solved!

1 hour ago, LejArdo said:

Why my Ciro has a black circle around it? Does your Ciro look the same?

Because KSP does that whenever any changes are made to a star's atmosphere.  It is unavoidable unless we just don't change the atmosphere, in which case all stars will default to the stock sun atmosphere.  If you want to get rid of the artifact and don't mind Ciro having the wrong atmosphere, then delete the atmpsphere{} node from Ciro.cfg.

19 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Because KSP does that whenever any changes are made to a star's atmosphere.  It is unavoidable unless we just don't change the atmosphere, in which case all stars will default to the stock sun atmosphere.  If you want to get rid of the artifact and don't mind Ciro having the wrong atmosphere, then delete the atmpsphere{} node from Ciro.cfg.

Thank you!

Like you said, i"ve deleted the Atmosphere{} part in Ciro.cfg, and problem solved!

Thanks!

As soon as i approached Ceti for landing (under 5 km) the game turned into a serious slideshow. Like 5 fps or worse. I noticed a slowdown on Iota as well, but not as bad.

Anyone has a fix for this ?

Ksp 1.7.1, all the dlc, GPP 1.6.3.1. , scatterer 0.0336

It's a known issue relating to Kopernicus on KSP 1.7.1 and some planet packs. Completely disabling ground scatter may help, otherwise you'll just have to do orbital stuff while you wait for a bug fix.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:37 AM, cantab said:

It's a known issue relating to Kopernicus on KSP 1.7.1 and some planet packs. Completely disabling ground scatter may help, otherwise you'll just have to do orbital stuff while you wait for a bug fix.

Bug fix from the Kerbal team or from the Galileo?  I don't think Galileo is working on this anymore.

1 hour ago, jpinard said:

Bug fix from the Kerbal team or from the Galileo?  I don't think Galileo is working on this anymore.

We haven't completely forgotten about GPP, we've just been preoccupied with JNSQ.  It is our intent to release a GPP update eventually, but we have no timetable for it.

In regard to the problem, it's my understanding that many of the old config settings just don't work very well with the new KSP/Kopernicus, resulting in poor performance under certain conditions.  Those config settings have to be redone, but it has taken quite a bit of experimentation to figure what works and what doesn't.  I think @Galileo has it mostly figured out, but his focus has been on getting JNSQ working.  I presume the lessons learned from JNSQ will work for GPP, but I don't know if or when he'll get to it.

11 hours ago, OhioBob said:

We haven't completely forgotten about GPP, we've just been preoccupied with JNSQ.  It is our intent to release a GPP update eventually, but we have no timetable for it.

In regard to the problem, it's my understanding that many of the old config settings just don't work very well with the new KSP/Kopernicus, resulting in poor performance under certain conditions.  Those config settings have to be redone, but it has taken quite a bit of experimentation to figure what works and what doesn't.  I think @Galileo has it mostly figured out, but his focus has been on getting JNSQ working.  I presume the lessons learned from JNSQ will work for GPP, but I don't know if or when he'll get to it.

It's been 3 years since I've played so I'm rusty on everything, so I really appreciate you taking the time to explain the situation in more detail.  Thank you!

Edited by jpinard

Since this is part of the Interstellar Consortium is there a way I can make this work as an extra-solar system?

Also I'm not seeing this in CKAN anymore?

Edited by jpinard

10 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Since this is part of the Interstellar Consortium is there a way I can make this work as an extra-solar system?

I don’t even know what Interstellar Consortium is. I would ask on whatever thread that’s on.

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I don’t even know what Interstellar Consortium is. I would ask on whatever thread that’s on.

I think your download link is broken for this planet pack.  Textures can be downloaded but nothing happens when I try to download the planet pack itself.

1 minute ago, jpinard said:

I think your download link is broken for this planet pack.  Textures can be downloaded but nothing happens when I try to download the planet pack itself.

Works fine for me.

if you can get to the textures, you can get to the main download too.

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Works fine for me.

if you can get to the textures, you can get to the main download too.

Is it supposed to be just "1.6.3.1" as a 75 kb file?  I had expected a zip file with an entire set of sub-directories and files within.

Thanks for checking in on this.

Edited by jpinard

35 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Is it supposed to be just "1.6.3.1" as a 75 kb file?  I had expected a zip file with an entire set of sub-directories and files within.

Thanks for checking in on this.

No its a big file. I’m not sure if you are getting the full file 

• 3 weeks later...

What version of Scatterer should I be using in a KSP 1.7.1, GPP 1.6.3.1 installed via CKAN?  One of this year's Scatterer updates resulted in my getting black clouds and I've ignored it for several months know that, eventually, there'd be a GPP update.  I would like to return to a normal sky but I can't find the right version of Scatterer that does this.

Any advice or am I looking in the wrong place?

Nevermind...it was 0.0336 that worked for me.  I had to remember to revert the default config  to match.

Edited by Brigadier
Found my answer.

KSP 1.7.1, GPP 1.6.3.1, Kopernicus 1.7.1-5, Kerbal Konstructs 1.7.0.3 (all installed via CKAN)

I realize that there hasn't been an update for GPP to KSP 1.7 but I've been trying to play it anyway and I might not get any resolution.  I'll ask anyway as "...hope springs eternal".

The only game problem I seem to have is that the southern KSC runway expands on every launch.  The picture below shows it as its first iteration.  It eventually covers the entire KSC and can be seen after launch until orbit is achieved (think something Ringworld-like).  I have to shut KSP down and restart for it to reset; neither reloading the save nor changing scene resolves the problem.

I suspect this might be a problem with Kerbal Konstructs since I believe that is what adds the additional KSC features and its latest release is for 1.7.0.  Should I be asking there?

What have I done wrong and is there a way to prevent it from happening?

Output Log

k3aRHZ2.png

7 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

KSP 1.7.1, GPP 1.6.3.1, Kopernicus 1.7.1-5, Kerbal Konstructs 1.7.0.3 (all installed via CKAN)

I realize that there hasn't been an update for GPP to KSP 1.7 but I've been trying to play it anyway and I might not get any resolution.  I'll ask anyway as "...hope springs eternal".

The only game problem I seem to have is that the southern KSC runway expands on every launch.  The picture below shows it as its first iteration.  It eventually covers the entire KSC and can be seen after launch until orbit is achieved (think something Ringworld-like).  I have to shut KSP down and restart for it to reset; neither reloading the save nor changing scene resolves the problem.

I suspect this might be a problem with Kerbal Konstructs since I believe that is what adds the additional KSC features and its latest release is for 1.7.0.  Should I be asking there?

Output Log

k3aRHZ2.png

Yeah, I had the same issue.  I just removed KK and left it at that.  Only issues I have now are the standard KSC/GSC going underwater problems that have plagued the game for a long time.

8 hours ago, MaxxQ said:

Yeah, I had the same issue.  I just removed KK and left it at that.  Only issues I have now are the standard KSC/GSC going underwater problems that have plagued the game for a long time.

This never happened to me under 1.6.x.  Did you roll back the KK versions at all?

15 hours ago, Brigadier said:

This never happened to me under 1.6.x.  Did you roll back the KK versions at all?

No.  I figured it would probably be fixed at some point, and I'd just either reinstall it, or move on to 1.7.2.  Not doing that at the moment since I don't think Kopernicus is updated to that version yet, and GPP is the only planet mod (I haven't played the stock system since GPP was first released) I'll play until Kop and JNSQ are updated for 1.7.2.

KK is nice, but it's not important to me for gameplay.

2 hours ago, MaxxQ said:

No.  I figured it would probably be fixed at some point, and I'd just either reinstall it, or move on to 1.7.2.  Not doing that at the moment since I don't think Kopernicus is updated to that version yet, and GPP is the only planet mod (I haven't played the stock system since GPP was first released) I'll play until Kop and JNSQ are updated for 1.7.2.

KK is nice, but it's not important to me for gameplay.

And just after you posted that, KSP was updated to 1.7.3.

21 hours ago, BNSF1995 said:

And just after you posted that, KSP was updated to 1.7.3.

LOL...yeah, I noticed.  Guess I'll be sticking with GPP and 1.7.0 for awhile longer.

Edit: And now I see that Kopernicus has been updated for 1.7.3.  So I guess now it's just a matter of waiting for other mods to get updated.

Edited by MaxxQ

On 7/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, Brigadier said:

Output Log

k3aRHZ2.png

Hmm. Are you playing with a rescaled GPP, or stock size? 

I would guess it has something to do with something like Sigma Dimensions or Rescale trying to resize something evertime the scene loads.