Galileo

UPDATE

Galileo's Planet Pack v1.6.4.0

Requires GPP_TEXTURES 4.2.1

KSP 1.8.1 or newer

Changelog

• Added Unity sunflares.
  • Added support for Kerbal Health.
  • Added support for Principia (deletes Lili).
  • Bundled Sigma TweakChutes.
  • Updated scatterer configs to current version.
  • Updated Kerbal Renamer.
  • Updated Agency logos.
  • Updated Strategia config.
  • Fixed OPM/scatterer compatibility problems.
  • Fixed bug in MechJeb2 config.
  • Fixed bugs in science definitions.
  • Revised and fixed bugs in resource configs.
  • Revised asteroid groups (location & lifetime).
  • Revised internal biome names.
  • Revised Lili's albedo and emissivity.
  • Reenabled Lili's orbit icon.
  • Disabled Ciro's atmosphere to remove artifact.
  • Disabled on demand loading for biomes.
  • Replaced HazardousOcean with HazardousBody.
  • Changed Otho's semimajor axis.
  • Reformatted CelestialBodies.pdf

This update consists of long overdue bug fixes and configuration updates.  There are no texture and/or terrain changes at this time.

WARNING! -- The change to Otho's semimajor axis could break saves for any vessels that are currently in route to Otho, or any scheduled launches to or from Otho.

Edited by OhioBob

1 hour ago, mr. engino said:

Just noticed GPP Secondary on CKAN, but Kopernicus isn't listed under mod requirements. Does this mean I can use GPP secondary by itself?

I don't know what CKAN is showing, but no, you can't use GPP or GPP_Secondary without Kopernicus.  None of the installation instructions have changed.

5 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I don't know what CKAN is showing, but no, you can't use GPP or GPP_Secondary without Kopernicus.  None of the installation instructions have changed.

I see. Kopernicus hasn't been updated in a long time, so I've no idea why this mod is suddenly compatible with the latest version of KSP.

1 hour ago, mr. engino said:

I see. Kopernicus hasn't been updated in a long time, so I've no idea why this mod is suddenly compatible with the latest version of KSP.

Kopernicus is being taken over by some new people.  Kopernicus Continued 1.9.1-1 has been released but it's still quite buggy and not recommended for general use.  But it is available for those who want to try it, and GPP 1.6.4.0 should work with it.

10 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Cool, can you please have someone from the GPP team review and merge this? GPPSecondary's metadata is hosted on the GPP repo.

https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/pull/63

On 7/5/2020 at 10:47 PM, Jim123 said:

The trees are all white plane objects at the KSC i have some screenshots of my install and the bug.https://imgur.com/a/Bvo70qH

Those trees are a KSC++ asset.  I don't know why they're not working.  I recommend you delete the following file:

GameData/GPP/GPP_KSC++/GSCUpgrades/lackPalms1.cfg

(edit)

I have a better solution.  You want to replace the asset bundled in GPP with the new one from KSC++ Continued.

1.  Delete the following folder:

GameData/GPP/GPP_KSC++/Assets/LackMisc/Palms

2.  Download KSC++

3.  Replace the deleted folder above with this one:

KSCPlusPlus-v4.1.zip/GameData/LackMisc/Palms

Edited by OhioBob

Hello!

I went through the following installation instructions: 

I have Scatterer and E.V.E. 

I am having a few problems

1: The Galeian Terminator Line is VERY abrupt (at least on the atmosphere, you can see that there is some gradient on the surface itself)

https://imgur.com/a/1j0ebOc

2: There doesn't seem to be any atmosphere apart from  clouds 

https://imgur.com/a/7fJA82r

Both of these do not match existing media i have seen, clearly i have done somthing wrong

please advise

Edited by Rockmonster0921

I am wondering why I cannot download GPP and the texture. GitHub seems unstable and slow(less than 50kb/s so that it will take me several hours to download), and my browser always says 'Connection timed out'. I'm in China.

8 hours ago, Rockmonster0921 said:

Hello!

I went through the following installation instructions: 

(snip)

The instructions you link to are out of date.  Make sure you follow the ones here or in the Readme.

It looks like you installed something incorrectly, but I can't help you further without more information.  Provide the necessary logs. 

6 hours ago, EwTE_H said:

I am wondering why I cannot download GPP and the texture. GitHub seems unstable and slow(less than 50kb/s so that it will take me several hours to download), and my browser always says 'Connection timed out'. I'm in China.

Sorry but we can't help you with GitHub or your Internet connection.

7 hours ago, OhioBob said:

The instructions you link to are out of date.  Make sure you follow the ones here or in the Readme.

It looks like you installed something incorrectly, but I can't help you further without more information.  Provide the necessary logs. 

followed the new instructions, problem persists 

it seems to have somthing to do with Scatterer as the atmosphere returns when it is uninstalled. any ideas on how to get scatterer working?

What log files do you need?

1 hour ago, Rockmonster0921 said:

What log files do you need?

Start by telling me what versions of everything you are using.  And to be honest, I usually can't make heads or tails out of most of the logs.  Let's start with ModuleManager.ConfigCache and if I need more I'll let you know.

Don't try posting any of the logs in the forum.  They're just too long.  You'll need to upload them to something like Dropbox.