[KSP 1.8.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.4] [01 July 2020]

14 hours ago, Shad_The_Knight said:

Is the mod finished (as in, it is the final build and will not be updated for future ksp releases, like how it is freezing for 1.11)?

There may be future updates, but not because of any particular KSP version.  The current version of GPP should work with KSP 1.11.1, provided you are using the correct Kopernicus.

On 3/7/2021 at 6:47 PM, OhioBob said:

There may be future updates, but not because of any particular KSP version.  The current version of GPP should work with KSP 1.11.1, provided you are using the correct Kopernicus.

Which version should I be using, because I am using the versions 1.11 one: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases. Whenever I play the planet pack, it works UNTIL I get to iota, where it freezes after leaving time warp. Should I be using the Bleeding Edge one?

1 hour ago, Shad_The_Knight said:

Which version should I be using, because I am using the versions 1.11 one: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases. Whenever I play the planet pack, it works UNTIL I get to iota, where it freezes after leaving time warp. Should I be using the Bleeding Edge one?

The link is the correct Kopernicus,  I don't know what's causing your freezing problem, it could be anything.  Best thing to do is remove all your mods except the minimum required for GPP:

• GPP
  • Kopernicus
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  • ModuleManager

Then test it to see if it works.  If it does, then the problem likely isn't GPP or Kopernicus.  Add your mods back until you figure out which one is causing the problem. 

35 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

The link is the correct Kopernicus,  I don't know what's causing your freezing problem, it could be anything.  Best thing to do is remove all your mods except the minimum required for GPP:

• GPP
  • Kopernicus
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  • ModuleManager

Then test it to see if it works.  If it does, then the problem likely isn't GPP or Kopernicus.  Add your mods back until you figure out which one is causing the problem. 

Actually, having the bleeding edge version solved the freezing issues. There is no other mod in my game folder that would've caused that besides the life support and hyperedit mods, but both of them were removed and I still had the issue.

1 hour ago, Shad_The_Knight said:

Actually, having the bleeding edge version solved the freezing issues. There is no other mod in my game folder that would've caused that besides the life support and hyperedit mods, but both of them were removed and I still had the issue.

If it happened in the stable release but not the bleeding edge version, then it may be an issue with Kopernius.  Perhaps you should report the problem to the Kopernicus devs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

found a minor issue while exploring Nero's moons:

agrippa's config has a typo naming the localization definition for its subpolarregion biome. as it stands, it is missing a # on line 60

GameData/GPP/GPP_Planets/Agrippina.cfg 

On 3/13/2021 at 1:31 AM, Shad_The_Knight said:

I have the exact same issue. The game freezes when I want to stop a time warp, generally when I'm close to the edge of a SOI. It also happens in the tracking station so I don't think this is a texture loading problem as some people pointed out.

I tried the bleeding edge version, but for me it did not solve anything. The only solution I have that works is to downgrade to an earlier version of the planet pack.

The freeze is 100% reproducible on my 2 computers, and it happens without any other mods.

Weird thing that I noticed, the further I am from Gael the more the more frequent the crash is : 

Low Gael orbit : Never crashed
Close to Iota : crashes like 1/5 of the time
Close to Ceti : crashes like 90% of the time.

Hope this can give some insight.