[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

28 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

The heightmap had a noticeable seam at the adjoining edges of the texture. When you offset the image by 50% horizontally you get a big weird seam stripe down the middle! :D

SlFRiLD.png

I fixed the issue with a little brushing, cloning, blending, merging, burning, dodging and healing (haha)... and issued a pull request with the new texture. I'll merge it into the Master branch. It will screw up any existing craft that may happen to be landing on that, like, 20 pixel wide strip but hey ho!

Go ahead and push it,   I thought I fixed em all..  Thanks for that! 

27 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

In @JadeOfMaar's installation instructions they say "If you don't use Scatterer, merge the GameData folder inside Alternate Ciro cfg folder". What I was asking you for was a way to download just Galileos.Planet.Pack/Optional Mods instead of having to get the entire thing (so that if I wanted to change which of the optional mods I use with GPP it would be a much smaller download). Hope that clears it up. Thanks for a great planet mod.

All you had to do was delete scatterer and add the alternate Ciro cfg.

But as JadeOfMaar said,  a separate folder probably won't happen.  It would just create more issues with people trying to go download things separately and not use the version made for GPP and then I would be hit with a bunch of "hey why dis no work"  comments.. 

Not sure if I should post this here or in the remote tech thread, but anyway here goes.

I just started using remote tech and have run into an issue. It seems to place mission control on Icarus rather than Gael. This leaves me with no probe control at the launchpad, even with the big assed antenna.

I copied the default_settings.cfg from the GPP RemoteTech folder and replaced the one in the RenoteTech mod folder, and started a new game.

Any suggestions?

Should I be asking the RemoteTech people instead?

EDIT - Found the solution a few pages back, I need to remember the search button is up the top of the page. A quick edit of the cfg file to have Gael as body 5 fixed it.

Wish there was a delete post button!!

Edited by Dwarfy
I'm an idiot

Well I'm glad I keep backups of everything I download.

I updated to ksp 1.2.2 and Kopernicus doesn't work making this whole mod not work.

Looks like staying in 1.2.1 is the only way to continue trying to conquer this fantastic planetary system at this point

11 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Dwarfy Kopernicus is version-locked. Anyone who uses planet mods should never jump on a KSP update until Kopernicus is ready for that game version.

@The-Doctor That has to be a random glitch due to the game itself, like when engines decide to fall off or pop off during my spaceplane launches. :huh:

Learn something everyday from you guys!!

cheers

@Dwarfy Kopernicus is version-locked. Anyone who uses planet mods should never jump on a KSP update until Kopernicus is ready for that game version.

Let this be a lesson to me to make a backup of my KSP install once I get a mod pack that I like installed.

I just never learn.

Evening Jade, Gal, I have a quick question with a shadow issue I am having.  Seems as though I get the cross shaped shadows on runway lights, landing gear.  Also if your in the starting screen floating above KSP Central, I have shadow sections based on the angle of the sun, that slowly wander across the ground/landscape.  I'm sure this is happening to others, but couldn't find any direct info on the shadow glitches.  Is this a problem that is being resolved, or am I doing something wrong.  Didn't include any Logs, or pictures because I simply don't know how to attach them.  Saw the same issue on a recent Scott M video, so I'm assuming this is not an isolated deal.  Someone can just confirm its a bug that is getting worked on and I wont need to wonder WTH I'm doing wrong, then get on with a more worry free game session.

Thx again for your great work guys, visual eye candy that's stunning and a huge improvement over stock.

2 minutes ago, ArkaelDren said:

Evening Jade, Gal, I have a quick question with a shadow issue I am having.  Seems as though I get the cross shaped shadows on runway lights, landing gear.  Also if your in the starting screen floating above KSP Central, I have shadow sections based on the angle of the sun, that slowly wander across the ground/landscape.  I'm sure this is happening to others, but couldn't find any direct info on the shadow glitches.  Is this a problem that is being resolved, or am I doing something wrong.  Didn't include any Logs, or pictures because I simply don't know how to attach them.  Saw the same issue on a recent Scott M video, so I'm assuming this is not an isolated deal.  Someone can just confirm its a bug that is getting worked on and I wont need to wonder WTH I'm doing wrong, then get on with a more worry free game session.

Thx again for your great work guys, visual eye candy that's stunning and a huge improvement over stock.

It's caused by eve cloud shadows. Disable those in the EVE GUI and the issue goes away. Shadow material is the parameter you are looking for. 

On 11/25/2016 at 8:52 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:

@Galileo Add GPP pages to Kopernicus Planet Wiki, we must.

http://outer-planets.wikia.com/wiki/Planet_Packs

On 11/25/2016 at 9:09 PM, Galileo said:

I added it a few weeks ago but the site wont let me update the link to the new thread 

It has begun :P ...That was fixed by the way

Edited by JadeOfMaar

4 hours ago, thecross said:

Is it possible for this mod to include:

Level 3 runway texture's numbering reflects reality... instead of the runway saying "09" and "27" it would represent actual alignment, such as the texture indicates "06" and "24" or similar?

This touch would actually be pretty awesome.  No idea how easy or hard it is to do, though.

4 hours ago, thecross said:

Is it possible for this mod to include:

Level 3 runway texture's numbering reflects reality... instead of the runway saying "09" and "27" it would represent actual alignment, such as the texture indicates "06" and "24" or similar?

8 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

This touch would actually be pretty awesome.  No idea how easy or hard it is to do, though.

no probably wont happen, but the KSC will be facing the cardinal directions in coming update

Just now, Galileo said:

no probably wont happen, but the KSC will be facing the cardinal directions in coming update

I both appreciate and am just a tiny bit sad about this change.  I'll probably get over it in about two minutes or so.

Ooooo!  Just realized that it will make final approach for spaceplanes a bit harder with the cliffs.  Something fun to try!