[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

19 minutes ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Hi, I am having some problems using this with 1.3. The Water effects are larger and lower then the actual collidor. Add to that, no matter what cloud version i use, it is always incredibly low res. And scatterer just flat out fails.

GPP is not yet updated to 1.3

38 minutes ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Hi, I am having some problems using this with 1.3. The Water effects are larger and lower then the actual collidor. Add to that, no matter what cloud version i use, it is always incredibly low res. And scatterer just flat out fails.

The current version available will not work on 1.3. When a 1.3 compatible version is ready, I will let everyone know here.

19 hours ago, Galileo said:

Make sure you follow the install instructions. Make sure you have the GPP_Textures downloaded and installed.

I got it. I just didn't know you had to put the textures in the GPP folder and not just in Game Data. Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Can you update this to 1.3?

Dear Sir, please at least browse through the last few pages and take time to read things. A 1.3 update is in the works. Eventually. It will take time. 

It is generally considered quite rude here to pester mod makers about updates, possibly a TOS violation as well. 

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@LordOfMinecraft99 Please don't ever ask that question. He will when he can.

Ninja'd by the Purple Ninja. (Donny?)

2 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Dear Sir, please at least browse through the last few pages and take time to read things. A 1.3 update is in the works. Eventually. It will take time. 

It is generally considered quite rude here to pester mod makers about updates, possibly a TOS violation as well. 

Ninja'd by the Purple Ninja. (Donny?)

Sorry.

So um, is there any development  thread? I'm asking cause I'm nearly done with my stock career, I finally got around to playing and finishing the tech tree, so now I gotta play something else, I wanna either play sandbox or science in this mode, I really love building amazing rovers, so I can't wait, when my Duna mission is done, I wanna play this, but onlythe latest, I wanna wait to see when this is on the latest version, it's why I wonder if there is any development threads

2 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

So um, is there any development  thread? I'm asking cause I'm nearly done with my stock career, I finally got around to playing and finishing the tech tree, so now I gotta play something else, I wanna either play sandbox or science in this mode, I really love building amazing rovers, so I can't wait, when my Duna mission is done, I wanna play this, but onlythe latest, I wanna wait to see when this is on the latest version, it's why I wonder if there is any development threads

GPP's dev thread exists but was only used for the pre-releases (version < 1) and is locked now. For reasons including not spoiling all the awesome we're bringing, we don't show much in the open for players to track. (The devs of any great mod may do this.) Sadly :P there's no means by which players can subscribe (for this mod) and be alerted once a release comes. 

On the subject of amazing rovers, I'd like to say I just happened to do that. This tiny thing can climb a 40 deg slope on Iota.

And this is in the WIP of the coming GPP update. Much bumps. Very detail. :) (There's more detail but I have mine turned down for performance concerns)

XO6DEkQ.jpg

lZxZROx.jpg DYPUvWO.jpg QXYULrX.jpg

I think the best part of this little sandbox mission was noticing that not-too-little speck right under Gael. (The plane is ascending into retrograde orbit, returning the rover)
That's Grannus, lit with one of my sunflares. :)  It outshines Gratian by a bit.

fwwrYWn.jpg

Spoiler

Hmnku4o.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 11/16/2016 at 0:39 PM, Galileo said:

Doubled Kerbals MaxTemp from 800 to 1600. Kerbals won't die as quickly on Icarus or Thalia.

How do you do that? I need to raise Kerbal Max Temp for Interstellar Adventure Revived, since multiple planets have surface temperatures hot enough to melt Kerbals alive. In fact, the hottest one is nearly 2,000*F!

10 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Sadly :P there's no means by which players can subscribe (for this mod) and be alerted once a release comes.

Well actually KSP AVC should alert all users when a newer version is released on the Git repo and talking of that, all users of GitHub can subscribe to the project to receive release alerts and also alerts for any and all commits and issues. :D 

Just now, Poodmund said:

Well actually KSP AVC should alert all users when a newer version is released on the Git repo and talking of that, all users of GitHub can subscribe to the project to receive release alerts and also alerts for any and all commits and issues. :D 

Oops. Well I had in mind his statement that he's practically abstaining from GPP until the release so he'll never see MiniAVC's alerts.

15 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

How do you do that? I need to raise Kerbal Max Temp for Interstellar Adventure Revived, since multiple planets have surface temperatures hot enough to melt Kerbals alive. In fact, the hottest one is nearly 2,000*F!

Just an MM cfg that raises it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xn3twsfdm0f7203/KerbalHeatTolerance.cfg?dl=0

just remove the :NEEDS[GPP]  and change the max temp to your liking

Edited by Galileo

@ProtoJeb21 Do make your heat tolerance buff reasonable. Even with what Galileo just provided...don't make kerbals able to actually walk on that ultra-hot planet. :P Also, this mod has a command seat with built-in radiator. Try it out and let me know how things go.

16 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Oops. Well I had in mind his statement that he's practically abstaining from GPP until the release so he'll never see MiniAVC's alerts.

Well what I do is take the version files of all of my favorite mods, throw them into a new folder with the mini avc dll. That way, when I'm not using the mods, I can keep track of updates

There is always, and I repeat, ALWAYS, an opportunity for a golden Gauss screenie. :) 

I just built this and cheated it here to test antenna range... But it will come back via a legit launch.

• 4x stock RA-100 dishes (Ven's Stock Revamp)
  • 60% signal and 0.87EC/s with each NFE trio solar array.

7PSsh4L.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

FejCHjwl.png

Huge thanks to @Galileo for extending my enjoyment of KSP into another dimension. Saved this pic from earlier on in my current playthough. Discovered this mysterious land formation while completing a science contract, and in fact nearly flew into it! For perspective, there is a flag near the bottom right.

Original pic.

44 minutes ago, Death Engineering said:

FejCHjwl.png

Huge thanks to @Galileo for extending my enjoyment of KSP into another dimension. Saved this pic from earlier on in my current playthough. Discovered this mysterious land formation while completing a science contract, and in fact nearly flew into it! For perspective, there is a flag near the bottom right.

Original pic.

Totally intentional... totally....