[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Love the mod, when I can get it to work witht he mods,   Noticed a few problems,

Since Ksp has been updated if you have to be careful of the version of whatever mod you use,  I had the game crash when mechjeb updated  for Ksp 1.3  and it was inconpatable with Ksp 1.2.2    which brings up a few problems.

If I want to try a mod, should I be looking at ksp 1.2.2 versions??   the mods listed on the main page  some are broken, and a few are directing you to the 1.3 Ksp compatable variant which it seems is the problem with my game crashing.

So for clarification  should I be using the 1.2.2 ksp mods  or can I use 1.3 ksp compatible mods?/  

@OgreMagi Use the version(s) of the mod rated for your version of the game. Every mod is made differently so cross-compatibility is a dice roll. GPP is not ready for release in KSP 1.3, therefore only use KSP 1.2.2 and such rated versions of the recommended mods. You'll have to dig through some of their changelogs to find the compatible versions.

Speaking about using mods......how do you figure out if a mod is causing a memory leak?

What should you use to determine if one or more of the installed mods is generating memory leak(s)?

7 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I don't know how to target specific mods but for detecting and handling memory leaks you'll want to hold on to this. 

Thanks Jade.  I browsed the thread and will go through it in more detail but I'm not sure how to pinpoint a mod causing a memory leak without adding and removing mods one at a time, time consuming process to say the least.

2 hours ago, Tuko said:

Thanks Jade.  I browsed the thread and will go through it in more detail but I'm not sure how to pinpoint a mod causing a memory leak without adding and removing mods one at a time, time consuming process to say the least.

Just remove half your mods all at once.  If the memory leak is still there, then you know none of those mods are the problem.  Add them back in and remove half of the OTHER mods.  Rinse, repeat, until you narrow it down to the last mod.  It's still a bit of a process, but it's quicker than checking each mod one at a time.  

8 hours ago, MaxxQ said:

Just remove half your mods all at once.  If the memory leak is still there, then you know none of those mods are the problem.  Add them back in and remove half of the OTHER mods.  Rinse, repeat, until you narrow it down to the last mod.  It's still a bit of a process, but it's quicker than checking each mod one at a time.  

Thanks for the help @MaxxQ, I just hope there isn't more then one mod leaking.  Hopefully if there is they won;t be split between both halves but I think that method is still worth doing.

Hey Everyone! Galileo (and Team Galileo) has given us so much with this mod and many others, so I will be streaming GPP all week to help raise funds to give back and help replace Big G's GFX card so he may continue his fine work! So please drop by, say hello, and consider donating to help Galileo out! Starting tonight at 6PM PST (0100UTC)!

https://www.twitch.tv/rocketpcgaming

Donate directly: https://www.paypal.me/tavishberlin

I will be covering installation of GPP in KSP 1.2.2 and giving a tour of the planets & moons to start! So if you are curious about GPP, please stop in, take a look, and ask any questions you may have! Usually 1 or more members of Team Galileo are in channel to also answer any questions! 

Thank you everyone!

eIKzZ2h.png2R0QArj.jpg

Edited by RocketPCGaming
Image swap

12 hours ago, Tuko said:

Thanks for the help @MaxxQ, I just hope there isn't more then one mod leaking.  Hopefully if there is they won;t be split between both halves but I think that method is still worth doing.

Well, you can check both halves, one after the other.  It's only one extra step, and that way, you'll know for sure.

25 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

er, just as soon as it's confirmed this is sanctioned by Big G himself...

It is. I don't like to ask for hand outs, but @RocketPCGaming asked if he could do this for me. Even if I said no, I have a feeling he would have done something, he's that kind of guy. :)  Thank you to anyone who donates, but really, don't feel obligated. I'll bounce back :) @RocketPCGaming thanks again for doing this. It means a lot!

Edited by Galileo

So I installed this just now, (no additional mods besides the base, and the textures) and it will load until I try to go into the settings, or a save. The game still responds because the little planets next to the loading text move, and I can hear crickets. After that part it stops. Nothing else happens, thats it.

(I am running 64 bit version of the game too)

58 minutes ago, Slasher said:

So I installed this just now, (no additional mods besides the base, and the textures) and it will load until I try to go into the settings, or a save. The game still responds because the little planets next to the loading text move, and I can hear crickets. After that part it stops. Nothing else happens, thats it.

What version of ksp are you using?

4 hours ago, Slasher said:

Slasher, GPP is very particular regarding the version of the game, and the versions of the mods it depends on (such as Kopernicus, Module Manager, and Scatterer).  Here's some advice from a previous post:

Edited by Norcalplanner

For anyone having trouble with the install, I covered the full installation process in my stream last night and the install highlight can be found here! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/165360719

Special thank you to Team Galileo for stopping in last night and helping answer questions regarding this epic mod!

@JadeOfMaar 

@TheRagingIrishman

@OhioBob

And the Big G himself @Galileo

Edited by RocketPCGaming
Added Thank yous

Sorry, I forgot to put the game version. (1.2.2)

I am also aware that this mod is very touchy, so thats why I re- installed the game, installed 1.2.2, and ONLY installed the required mods. After that I got the same result.

I really want this mod to work because on my first save with the stock planets, I visited every one and back. Because of that there is nothing more to do other than install new planet mods.

Edited by Slasher

46 minutes ago, Slasher said:

Sorry, I forgot to put the game version. (1.2.2)

I am also aware that this mod is very touchy, so thats why I re- installed the game, installed 1.2.2, and ONLY installed the required mods. After that I got the same result.

I really want this mod to work because on my first save with the stock planets, I visited every one and back. Because of that there is nothing more to do other than install new planet mods.

Did you follow these instructions to the letter?:

One thing which might mess up new installations of GPP is the confusion about which versions of other mods are compatible with KSP 1.2.2.

With many/most mods already having KSP 1.3 compatible versions, you need to be very careful NOT to install the 1.3 compatible version of other mods.  Even if CKAN says a mod is compatible with KSP 1.2.2, if it also says it's compatible with KSP 1.3, chances are it's NOT actually compatible with KSP 1.2.2.  (Especially if the mod includes a dll file.)

Which mods have you installed, and, specifically, which version of each mod is installed?  Also, where was the mod installed from?  (i.e., CKAN, the GPP zip file, github, etc.)

Because CKAN seems to erroneously list some mods as both 1.2.2 and 1.3.compatible, you may need to explicitly tell CKAN to install a specific version of some mods (which must be done from a command line), or download the right version of the mod manually, bypassing CKAN.

44 minutes ago, AG5BPilot said:

One thing which might mess up new installations of GPP is the confusion about which versions of other mods are compatible with KSP 1.2.2.

With many/most mods already having KSP 1.3 compatible versions, you need to be very careful NOT to install the 1.3 compatible version of other mods.  Even if CKAN says a mod is compatible with KSP 1.2.2, if it also says it's compatible with KSP 1.3, chances are it's NOT actually compatible with KSP 1.2.2.  (Especially if the mod includes a dll file.)

Which mods have you installed, and, specifically, which version of each mod is installed?  Also, where was the mod installed from?  (i.e., CKAN, the GPP zip file, github, etc.)

Because CKAN seems to erroneously list some mods as both 1.2.2 and 1.3.compatible, you may need to explicitly tell CKAN to install a specific version of some mods (which must be done from a command line), or download the right version of the mod manually, bypassing CKAN.

After I attempted to install GPP, and failed (multiple times) I havent really installed any mods after that. Right now my GameData folder is empty (Except for the Squad folder, Module Manager (ModuleManager.2.6.24.dll) and the license.) As I said before I had no additional mods with GPP, because I wanted to see if it actually worked, or failed like everything else I try to mod.

1 hour ago, Slasher said:

After I attempted to install GPP, and failed (multiple times) I havent really installed any mods after that. Right now my GameData folder is empty (Except for the Squad folder, Module Manager (ModuleManager.2.6.24.dll) and the license.) As I said before I had no additional mods with GPP, because I wanted to see if it actually worked, or failed like everything else I try to mod.

Post your output log. I'll take a look

Edited by Galileo

31 minutes ago, Slasher said:

That is most likely the issue; you have an old version of Module Manager, you need version 2.7.6 or newer. This version is packed into the GPP download. Give that a shot.

EDIT: You can also go up a few lines and see where i posted my stream highlight of the install process ;-)

Edited by RocketPCGaming
Added info

7 minutes ago, RocketPCGaming said:

That is most likely the issue; you have an old version of Module Manager, you need version 2.7.6 or newer. This version is packed into the GPP download. Give that a shot.

I tried that, and I got the same result. I try to do anything like start a game, all I hear is crickets.

Also in the main menu, I see Kerbin in the background. But when the game is loading up, I see pictures that feature the new planets.

My game really does not want me to load this now does it?

Edited by Slasher

1 hour ago, Slasher said:

I think that's your problem right there.  Version 2.6.24 of Module Manager is for KSP 1.1.x.  Try version 2.7.6 of Module Manager.

EDIT:  I'm not sure if I'd use anything *newer* than 2.7.6.  The 2.8.X versions work with KSP 1.3, and might not work with KSP 1.2.2.  I know 2.7.6 works.  2.7.6 is the most recent version compiled for 1.2.2.

Edited by AG5BPilot