[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

26 minutes ago, MaxxQ said:

On a related note regarding the Renamer, I had not really a bug, but maybe something to note.  I started a new science game last night, and it wasn't until a couple minor suborbital flights had been done that I realized that the flights were being made by Jeb Kerman, and not Galileo Gaelan.  I went to the astronaut complex to take a look at who was there, and the renamed Gaeleans were all there - no Kermans to be found anywhere.  Went back to the VAB and all the Kermans that were there in the crew assignment list before were now changed to Gaelans.

Anyway, just wanted to point out that it seems you need to go to the astronaut complex in order to make the Renamer take effect - and if I missed that in the install instructions, then just ignore me and I'll go hide in a corner from embarrasment.

I haven't yet started a game since official release to have any grasp on the problems with Renamer. Anyway this sounds like a great discovery and should be added to the install instructions and other documentation, which I'll do very soon, along with updating the GPP_Textures link in there.

This is the best looking KSP has ever been! Thank you very much! It looked good with SVE and SVT but this is ridiculous. I am actually considering starting a career game now with all of these beautiful new planets to explore. I seem to be having some issues with the sun or the sunflare causing horizontal and vertical lines. It seems to only happen when the sun and flare are in camera view. When the sun is covered up by a craft it goes away. Not the biggest issue but it kind of bugs me as everything else is working perfectly. Any ideas?

Here are some pictures:

5 hours ago, everchanging02 said:

Congrats on the update!
I've been playing the Dev version of GPP 1.3 for the past couple months (as I didn't have a copy of 1.2.2 KSP to use because Steam), and am excited to have switched it over to the fully-compatible version.
I did read the notes that the numbers for planets/bodies changed and was able to figure out the changes that were pertinent to my save except for one (Tellumo), but was still able to save the majority of my work.
Here's hoping the Kopernicus update to fix scatterer will soon follow!

Just a side not at this point; but all you need to do in Steam is to right click KSP, go to properties, betas, and roll back to whatever version you want back to 1.05. 

I just want to give a huge thank you to everyone that helped support @Galileo in getting his new hawtness GFX card! Seriously, you all are awesome! 

f4vrmRi.png

1 hour ago, chimpbone said:

This is the best looking KSP has ever been! Thank you very much! It looked good with SVE and SVT but this is ridiculous. I am actually considering starting a career game now with all of these beautiful new planets to explore. I seem to be having some issues with the sun or the sunflare causing horizontal and vertical lines. It seems to only happen when the sun and flare are in camera view. When the sun is covered up by a craft it goes away. Not the biggest issue but it kind of bugs me as everything else is working perfectly. Any ideas?

Here are some pictures:

Yeah I noticed that as well, it's due to the new sun flare. I'll try to pinpoint which one of the sun flare textures is causing it and fix it for the inevitable patch

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I haven't yet started a game since official release to have any grasp on the problems with Renamer. Anyway this sounds like a great discovery and should be added to the install instructions and other documentation, which I'll do very soon, along with updating the GPP_Textures link in there.

I had the same problem.  If you start a save and go straight to the VAB, Jeb is still there and will hop in your first rocket.  The workaround is to go to the astronaut complex first, which will show the renamed Gaelans correctly.  Going back into the VAB afterward will have the Gaelans named correctly.

The Gaelean Space Program begins...

gLzG0fe.pngFirst Flight...

iRWCrz2.pngFirst crash landing (bloody awful landing gear!!!!)....

fvrPTla.pngFirst orbital launch....

26p0YY0.pngThe Money Shot! The beauty of first orbit....

Edited by RocketPCGaming
Won't accept imgur album....grrrr.....

This might seem like a stupid question, and it may not have anything to do with GPP, but in my last GPP playthrough (in 1.2.2), I had a comm network on Gael from the start (comms stations spread out across Gael,just like Kerbin in stock).  I noticed now in my 1.3.0 GPP game that they aren't there, or are the anomalies the comms stations, and I need to "discover" them to unlock them?

5 minutes ago, MaxxQ said:

This might seem like a stupid question, and it may not have anything to do with GPP, but in my last GPP playthrough (in 1.2.2), I had a comm network on Gael from the start (comms stations spread out across Gael,just like Kerbin in stock).  I noticed now in my 1.3.0 GPP game that they aren't there, or are the anomalies the comms stations, and I need to "discover" them to unlock them?

I had this very thing as well, they are not only not working, they do not physically exist. I haven't checked the KK thread though to see if there is a fix.

Just now, RocketPCGaming said:

I had this very thing as well, they are not only not working, they do not physically exist. I haven't checked the KK thread though to see if there is a fix.

I guess I can check that later.  Getting some quick forum time in now before Game of Thrones in 11 minutes.

39 minutes ago, MaxxQ said:

I guess I can check that later.  Getting some quick forum time in now before Game of Thrones in 11 minutes.

You can always use an older version of KK. The new KK disables them by default for whatever reason. Maybe to place your own? I dunno. Supposedly there is a way to enable them, but I haven't looked into it.

Hi all! I'm having a very interesting problem... I'm sure it's something on my side and not a bug. The whole Galilean solar system is orbiting Kerbol solar system ... Ciro and everything else is orbiting Kerbol!! :0.0: A HUGE orbit but they're still there. 

Any suggestions?

6 hours ago, chimpbone said:

Here are some pictures:

@chimpboneI think I have a different skybox than you - are you using a separate mod for that or is that part of the GPP suite?

1 hour ago, Alejolas said:

Hi all! I'm having a very interesting problem... I'm sure it's something on my side and not a bug. The whole Galilean solar system is orbiting Kerbol solar system ... Ciro and everything else is orbiting Kerbol!! :0.0: A HUGE orbit but they're still there. 

Any suggestions?

Did you install the GPP secondary folder without reading what it was for???

Edited by Galileo

10 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

can you please help me, I've tried installing the wormhole EVE skybox and it's just not working

6 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I installed the version that came with the latest GPP

You must install the version @JadeOfMaar linked. The folders will merge and our texture replacer content will work along with any new textures you add in.

i know, it's crazy, we don't bundle mods like every other planet pack. Modularity is freedom to choose.

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Jetski said:

@chimpboneI think I have a different skybox than you - are you using a separate mod for that or is that part of the GPP suite?

Yes. I am using a separate skybox. GPP doesn't come with it's own skybox as far as I know. I have it installed with texture replacer replaced for pretty, sparkling stars. Kind of redundant to have two separate texture replacers, but it doesn't interfere with my original texture replacer install, and the skybox is all I use it for right now. I also have disabled a feature in distance object enhancer that dims the skybox by default. 

I will will be going over the install process again this morning for anyone having issues and I will post the stream highlight here later. https://www.twitch.tv/rocketpcgaming

Install instructions with video demo can be found in this highlight here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/167018110

Edited by RocketPCGaming
Added highlight link

@Galileo and all, Congrats on the release. Thoroughly annoyed I only saw this on Monday morning and not Saturday morning.

Anyway, there are references to using both Texture Replacer and Texture Replacer Replaced. Which is the better choice? Will migrating to TRR after you start a save with TR hurt anything from your perspective?

Thanks

58 minutes ago, Gilph said:

@Galileo and all, Congrats on the release. Thoroughly annoyed I only saw this on Monday morning and not Saturday morning.

Anyway, there are references to using both Texture Replacer and Texture Replacer Replaced. Which is the better choice? Will migrating to TRR after you start a save with TR hurt anything from your perspective?

Thanks

TRR is still very early in development and breaks things regularly as it releases patches. It's not stable enough for for my standards.  

We already get bombarded with a ton of troubleshooting issues, I don't really want to add to that list with an incomplete mod, ya know?

Edited by Galileo