[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

39 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

First launch in 2.5x (sandbox) before the science game starts. Forgot to turn off the ocean shader but I don't mind it... for now.

I don't think this plane can SSTO above stock scale. It was never meant to be an SSTO but I tested the waters...and nearly didn't cross them. 

(I tweaked the 2.5m engines to have a slightly longer stride)

NpdTBHA.jpg

I'm not sure whether to be impressed or freaked out by that Skybox. ;-\

BTW, whatever happened to the Deep Sky Dyno tuning for the Karbonite engines?  Was that removed for being OP, or was it an "oops, forgot that" situation?

3 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

I'm not sure whether to be impressed or freaked out by that Skybox. ;-\

BTW, whatever happened to the Deep Sky Dyno tuning for the Karbonite engines?  Was that removed for being OP, or was it an "oops, forgot that" situation?

Be impressed. Lol. The dynotune was removed because it was only a WIP and was superseded by what I contributed directly to the Karbonite mod. The thing where all the air-breathing engines are even better and are re-titled so they show up in a contiguous block in the part list.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Be impressed. Lol. The dynotune was removed because it was only a WIP and was superseded by what I contributed directly to the Karbonite mod. The thing where all the air-breathing engines are even better and are re-titled so they show up in a contiguous block in the part list.

Ah.  I haven't unlocked and used any of those engines yet, but I was looking at the descriptions and didn't see the old dyno tuning text.  I'll be sure to give them a workout.  I'm also going to try to avoid Karborundum as much as possible this save, and have installed Far Future as a partial substitute.

11 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Well GPP has > 1 star........so... Kopernicus. :sticktongue: I've seen this myself too.

Yeah...have to get used to that again :P.  I'll see if the Status is accurate with respect to Grannus.  The power flows are accurate with respect to Ciro.

BTW, GPP Secondary is nothing short of brilliant. What a great idea...

Edited by Gilph
delete dup

2 hours ago, Teylo said:

First of all thanks for creating such an amazing mod!

I'd like to turn down the light reflection from Gaels terrain (the white reflection in the desert as you can see from the screenshot). Any advice as how i may try to do it? Thanks in advance!

My Gael doesn't look like that.  Did you mess with any of the textures?  Typically when there is an ocean planet the opacity of the land portion has to decreased to something like about 10% or else it will have that glossy appearance.  I recommend you try re-downloading and re-installing the textures.

Edited by OhioBob

3 hours ago, Gilph said:

Yeah...have to get used to that again :P.  I'll see if the Status is accurate with respect to Grannus.  The power flows are accurate with respect to Ciro.

BTW, GPP Secondary is nothing short of brilliant. What a great idea...

I wouldn't call GPP Secondary a brilliant idea. It is merely a necessity--and something which had to arrive in due time. The GPP devs have always been aware of the issues that would arise when players want to have a planet mod in addition to GPP, or to have Stock + GPP.

1 hour ago, Teylo said:

I'd like to turn down the light reflection from Gaels terrain (the white reflection in the desert as you can see from the screenshot). Any advice as how i may try to do it? Thanks in advance!

Reveal hidden contents

That's a small matter that most us have lived with probably since visual mods came to exist. :) It's not a big deal, but as OhioBob said, a re-download might help you out.

9 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

Ah.  I haven't unlocked and used any of those engines yet, but I was looking at the descriptions and didn't see the old dyno tuning text.  I'll be sure to give them a workout.  I'm also going to try to avoid Karborundum as much as possible this save, and have installed Far Future as a partial substitute.

Interesting, hahah. Well I'll be going after it for sure to meet my increased dV needs. I likely may not involve FFT in my main game (as you know, I have enough "OP" propulsion systems installed already) but I've already prepared to make it more fun for everyone. I will post the FFT-GPP configs before Friday night, in the GPP Workshop. And they'll be taken down iwhen they make it into the next release of FFT.

2 hours ago, Teylo said:

Remove research bodies. That's the issue. It looks like RB is changing something in regards to the alpha. @JPLRepo any ideas?

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Remove research bodies. That's the issue. It looks like RB is changing something in regards to the alpha. @JPLRepo any ideas?

It does... for changing the detail levels of the planets. Would have to go back and look into it.So is it one particular planet? in this pack?
And what was it's status in ResearchBodies. Perhaps take the discussion over to my thread for ResearchBodies.

@Galileo something is terribly wrong. Whenever I start a new career and open mission control to choose contracts, even if I don't choose any, the game doesn't allow me to leave the building or exit to main menu, I have to force close it, this doesn't happen in science mode or sandbox, this is with no mods.

EVE

GPP

Kerbal Konstructs

Kopernicus

LoadingScreenManager

ModularFlightIntegrator

scatterer

Squad

TextureReplacer

I'd send a pic of my gamedata but my pc screenshot function isn't working right now

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@The-Doctor logs?

I deleted the entire KSP folder and now reinstalling to retry

wait, where is the logs held?

I'll try again with this install and send the log if it fails again, the last install I had 25 mods but then deleted them all to see if one caused the problem, but it persisted, so I messaged it here, in this new install I'll install just GPP and see if it persists, if it does, I will send the log

23 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Remove the GPP_Renamer folder in the GPP folder and try again. I'm fairly certain it's the issue.

do I delete it entirely? I like the new names

I did as you said and put the kerbal renamer into the game data folder but the problem persists, this is only in career btw, not in science or sandbox mode

The science nodes in science mode and career mode also show no parts in them, it occasionally comes back but it shows no parts most of the time, and in career mode, if I click the R&D building or mission control, the game doesn't let me leave, it doesn't let me save or load, it lets me click stuff but not leave, IDK if it does the same problem when you enter the other buildings, I haven't tested

13 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

do I delete it entirely? I like the new names

I did as you said and put the kerbal renamer into the game data folder but the problem persists, this is only in career btw, not in science or sandbox mode

I never said put it into the gamdata folder :/ 

remove it. As in put in in you desktop then test the game again

i understand you like the new names, but if they are messing up your game, then you have no choice but to remove them, do you?

The main menu also occasionally doesn't let me click anything when I exit to it

Just now, Galileo said:

I never said put it into the gamdata folder :/ 

remove it. As in put in in you desktop then test the game again

i understand you like the new names, but if they are messing up your game, then you have no choice but to remove them, do you?

but it can't me alone experiencing this, is it?

Just now, The-Doctor said:

The main menu also occasionally doesn't let me click anything when I exit to it

but it can't me alone experiencing this, is it?

Looks like it, or this thread would be pretty full, yeah?

The last two issues I haven't ever seen. Try a fresh install of ksp followed by a fresh GPP

I run every single option mod and have never had an issue except for the kopernicus solar panel issue and the occasional Renamer issue. I also watch multiple streamers run every optional mod as well, without issue. 

You are definitely not the only one