[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

2 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

the problem persists

Then reinstall everything, including ksp

Just now, The-Doctor said:

@Galileo I think I may have a hunch on what the problem is, Kopernicus for 1.3 has module manager 2.8.0 bundled in it, but I have module manager 2.8.1, the latest, you think that may cause the problem? I'm running a test now

No I use 2.8.0 just fine

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@The-Doctor I think you're at the point where you need to reinstall Windows.

not possible, and KSP doesn't do this for anything else except in this new install, there must be something wrong with GPP or one of the optional mods with it, I'm loading it up now with module manager 2.8.0 if the problem persists I will remove Kerbal konstructs, if it persists I will reinstall it all [again, I've tried it 3 times now before you guys said to]

If all else fails I'll play science mode 

10 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@The-Doctor I think you're at the point where you need to reinstall Windows.

you solved it, Kerbal Konstructs is corrupted

@The-Doctor KK is as I would put it, an undead or zombie mod. I don't see any overhaul coming to it but its faults seem generally tolerable given people will even stream or make youtube videos with it in 1.3. Finally, not every mod will work for everyone. Every PC and KSP install can be as different as the players themselves.

13 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@Galileo Kerbal Konstructs isn't allowing commnet to have multiple ground stations, in the previous version of KK I had installed I could enable it but not now, any suggestions?

Use an older version of KK.  That was suggested to me a page or two back when I reported it as well.  I haven't rolled it back, though, since I have a decent constellation of relay sats now, and it's not necessary.

7 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Was messing around making some City Lights texture for Gael. :P

You can spot the KSC island on image 6 too. :D 

Pood, those look good, but I'm thinking they need to be a bit brighter.  Not necessarily all the lights, but maybe the larger concentrations.

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

Kopernicus for 1.3 has module manager 2.8.0 bundled in it, but I have module manager 2.8.1, the latest, you think that may cause the problem? I'm running a test now

Glad you found the problem (as noted after the quoted post), but only a corrupted copy of Module Manager could cause issues.  Although you should just have one copy of the MM .dll directly in GameData, you can have multiple MM.dlls without apparent issue.  For a long time it's had code that runs and identifies when multiple copies of same and different versions are running and only one copy of the latest version goes active.  Because so many mods include copies of MM, I imagine @sarbian had to do that.

Edited by Jacke

9 minutes ago, MaxxQ said:

Use an older version of KK.  That was suggested to me a page or two back when I reported it as well.  I haven't rolled it back, though, since I have a decent constellation of relay sats now, and it's not necessary.

Pood, those look good, but I'm thinking they need to be a bit brighter.  Not necessarily all the lights, but maybe the larger concentrations.

which version exactly do you use? I don't wanna go too far back

I have Kerbal Konstructs 1.1.0 btw

27 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

which version exactly do you use? I don't wanna go too far back

I have Kerbal Konstructs 1.1.0 btw

I'm using the current version of KK (according to the version file, if I'm reading it right, it's v. 1.0.0).  As I said, I have a good relay sat constellation, and multiple tracking stations aren't necessary now.  The last version I know of that worked was the version included with the 1.2.2 release of GPP (I completely skipped 1.2.3, so don't know if that one will work).  The version I was using in 1.2.2 was KK v. 0.9.8.9. 

20 hours ago, Galileo said:

Remove research bodies. That's the issue. It looks like RB is changing something in regards to the alpha. @JPLRepo any ideas?

Wow thanks a lot, would never have guessed this was the culprit. Too bad though, but i like my planets non-reflective :D.

The custom loading screen stuff isn't working for me at all, tried messing with the settings/double checking directories, but noting helped. Anyone else have this problem?

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ww54nx96n2v3zig/KSP_KKmenubug.zip?dl=0

I noticed in the log it said it couldn't find the config file, and it seemed to be pointing at the wrong dir, like it was looking for a folder inside it's PluginData folder which isn't there? I tried adding that folder myself but it didn't help.

3 minutes ago, Rodger said:

The custom loading screen stuff isn't working for me at all, tried messing with the settings/double checking directories, but noting helped. Anyone else have this problem?

Log:

I noticed in the log it said it couldn't find the config file, and it seemed to be pointing at the wrong dir, like it was looking for a folder inside it's PluginData folder which isn't there? I tried adding that folder myself but it didn't help.

Are you absolutely sure you copied it out of the download folder under Optional Mods into GameData?

1 hour ago, Rodger said:

Log:

A KSP log is not the right log to post for an issue like this. I will need nothing other than a screenshot of your GameData folder.

5 hours ago, adm.sergei said:

Great pack, but i got some "lines" in the sky on 90 degrees

Reveal hidden contents

gpplines.png

Yeah its a problem with my sun flare. I have fixed it and it will be gone in the next update. I know its annoying. Until then, you can go here and download a the same sun flare (fixed in these version) and replace the textures. Only replace the textures. Don't replace the cfg as the ones in GPP are GPP specific and the ones in this pack are for stock.

Edited by Galileo

Kopernicus has been updated, but due to the changes (mostly good), GPP needs too add things and remove things. Shouldn't be nearly as painful as the last update. What im saying is, dont go download the new kopernicus until we update again. Stick with 1.3.0-4 for now

11 hours ago, MaxxQ said:

I'm using the current version of KK (according to the version file, if I'm reading it right, it's v. 1.0.0).  As I said, I have a good relay sat constellation, and multiple tracking stations aren't necessary now.  The last version I know of that worked was the version included with the 1.2.2 release of GPP (I completely skipped 1.2.3, so don't know if that one will work).  The version I was using in 1.2.2 was KK v. 0.9.8.9. 

yeah but I don't wanna go through the pain remotetech gave me with only one tracking station anymore

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

use the version stated in the thread title. 1.1 works fine for me

I know, but does that version give me the multiple ground stations for commnett again?