[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

I am experiencing a weird bug since v1.4.0 was released - Grannus illuminates celestial bodies in the inner Ciro system, so depending on the time of the year it sometimes completely eliminates night. It's really weird how it happens, because during the night, the sky is black, but the terrain is illuminated. If this has already been reported, then I'm sorry, as I haven't noticed it while scrolling through last 3 pages.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

It's a byproduct of scaling. Nothing I can do about it unfortunately

Thought so. I'm ok with that, as long as there's no workaround I might've missed.

Thanks!

Edited by Yakvi

3 hours ago, Dres The Space Potato said:

I am experiencing a weird bug since v1.4.0 was released - Grannus illuminates celestial bodies in the inner Ciro system, so depending on the time of the year it sometimes completely eliminates night. It's really weird how it happens, because during the night, the sky is black, but the terrain is illuminated. If this has already been reported, then I'm sorry, as I haven't noticed it while scrolling through last 3 pages.

That's a new feature of Kopernicus 1.3.0-5 and GPP needing new configs to limit that extra light.

To anyone else who gets the issue of planets being lit by Ciro and Grannus simultaneously, this is a new feature of Kopernicus 1.3.0-5. Please do not mention it. We know and we will handle it.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That's a new feature of Kopernicus 1.3.0-5 and GPP needing new configs to limit that extra light.

To anyone else who gets the issue of planets being lit by Ciro and Grannus simultaneously, this is a new feature of Kopernicus 1.3.0-5. Please do not mention it. We know and we will handle it.

Ok, thank you for info. 

I was bummed when GPP updated right before I went on vacation for a week, so that I wouldn't be able to play it on my gaming PC.  I decided to give it a shot on my wife's budget laptop, which we took with us, and it's been working surprisingly well!  This machine has a 2.3 GHz two-core CPU and only 6 GB RAM (with 256 MB shared with the integrated graphics), and I'm able to run KSP with GPP and about 50 mods in total.  No visual enhancements mods, of course, and I turned down the in-game graphics options.  It's been working fine for this brand-new career save, though I haven't yet upgraded the VAB so I also haven't launched anything with more than 30 parts yet.  And in a few days I can move the game over to my PC and finally see the planets as they're meant to be seen.

Thanks, Galileo & co., for this wonderful mod!  I've been playing KSP since the 0.18.2 days and didn't realize how stale the stock solar system had become for me until I tried out this one.  With that and running my first heavily-modded saves, it's almost an entirely new game.

19 hours ago, Galileo said:

Did you download and install GPP_textures 2.0.0? If you think you did, check and make sure you have the GPP_Texures folder in the GPP folder. 

At the moment, the renamer code won't allow it for whatever reason. You can edit the persistent save file however for the time being

@JadeOfMaar the commnett problem is back again with kerbal konstructs, idk what I can do now, I enables it in the settings but nothing changed. I also chose to play science mode, got the 4 originals I wanted, with Galileo being Jeb. 

So I finally got around to playing GPP and chose science mode. I played career ode a little but when I got to the 45-90 science area, I remembered how bad the contract system is and how grindy it all is. I started science mode with 250% rewards on science, it got me up to speed quickly, soon I'll be doing robotic moon missions then crewed. I have near future propulsion installed and I moved the xenon engines to specialized construction, where the 3 person deep freeze pod is. This way I'll be able to send missions to the inner planets soon after landing on the moons, and after several interplanetary missions I'd have nuclear power to go to the outer planets. This save is letting me explore, which other saves wouldn't. Giving myself xenon ion engines at 160 science opens up the inner planets to exploration while letting me earn my way to the outer planets. I'm at the 90 science mark right now and gearing up for missions to the 2 moons to finish unlock all 90 science nodes before I go to the 160 science nodes and begin exploring the inner planets.

Due to how little science parts stock has I felt justified in increasing the science rewards. I also have scansat, the scans of Gael look beautiful and truly exoplanetary. I genuinely feel like I'm playing a game on an alien world with GPP

S2pnVzQ.png

vvimI0A.png

@The-Doctor Now that's what peeps around here wanna hear. :wink: If you're interested in big science mods your options are:

• DMagic (of course)
  • surface Experiment Pack
  • KrakenScience
  • Station Science Continued (which has a patch that needs testing)

Also I just installed NF Propulsion. It fills a serious gap I thought I could ignore.

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@The-Doctor Now that's what peeps around here wanna hear. :wink: If you're interested in big science mods your options are:

• DMagic (of course)
  • surface Experiment Pack
  • KrakenScience
  • Station Science Continued (which has a patch that needs testing)

Also I just installed NF Propulsion. It fills a serious gap I thought I could ignore.

I'm not adding more science mods, tho station science seems nice, I'll install it, I got space for one more since I removed KerbalKonstructs again, the groundstations just aren't working.

Near future propulsion is great, I moved xenon ion engines closer to explore the solar system early, well just the inner planets. 

1 minute ago, The-Doctor said:

I've done that and the groundstations vanish, even when I enable them in the settings it doesn't work

Version 1.1 did not remove the groundstations. Make sure you have the right version

3 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I've done that and the groundstations vanish, even when I enable them in the settings it doesn't work

Version 1.1 did not remove the groundstations. Make sure you have the right version @The-Doctor this version. https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.1.0

and be sure to delete your MM cache before starting up ksp

2 minutes ago, i like pizza said:

I love this mod, but can you make a memory light, or a version of this mod with a bit less celestial bodies? Because I only have four gigabytes of ram.

I ran it with that much, what you gotta do is reduce the graphics, either reduce it to fastest or reduce scenery, or you can ditch EVE, either way, you gotta have barebone mods, 5 max if you're playing with this mod at 4gb ram and want decent fps and decent graphics

5 minutes ago, i like pizza said:

I love this mod, but can you make a memory light, or a version of this mod with a bit less celestial bodies? Because I only have four gigabytes of ram.

Sorry, bud. But KSP + any decent large mod these days need at least 6GB RAM. Please upgrade your computer.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

Sorry, bud. But KSP + any decent mod these days need at least 6GB RAM. Please upgrade your computer.

I understand, but just to let you know, I have tried to upgrade my ram in the past. But it never works. My computer half-boots and never loads windows.

I.. do not like to complain, especially when it comes to free things.  And I'm not 100% confident that the mod itself is the issue...
I've been having what I think is an issue with GPP 1.4 since I converted my save game from the Dev version for KSP 1.3.0...
I have been experiencing an issue where, after an arbitrary period of time, the game gets stuck and will not let me leave the ship I am focused on.  I cannot (quick) save, I cannot exit to space center or tracking station, and I can't even exit to main menu.  All I can do is the dreaded Alt+F4 and hope that the RNG of Autosave fell relatively close to where I noticed the game getting stuck.  It doesn't happen on every ship (specifically has happened on four ships of note), and has even happened in the Tracking Station.  There is little to no similarity between these vessels (one is an early science probe with a Terrier engine, one is a Nerv-powered carrier, one is an ion probe with the Nerv launcher still attached, and one was a rover landing pod that had a set of four Nervs powering it; were it not for the first, I would guess the Nervs were to blame, but as they are standard Squad parts, it makes it hard to think that...)
I am making an educated guess that GPP 1.4 is the cause because I had not experienced this in the Dev version and the only mod I have added after conversion was PlayYourWay.  I ruled out PYW when it happened despite removal of that mod.  I also have a 1.3 game of Extrasolar that runs the same mods (with PYW) that I was not experiencing the issues with, so that, again, leans me towards the change from Dev to 1.4 of GPP....
Has anyone else seen this issue or the like?  I can list my.. long list of mods, if need be, if that will help.

On a slight tangent, this vaguely reminds me of the stuck-docked docking ports issue I had back in 0.23.5, but this one is a bit more.. game-breaking...

Edited by everchanging02

@everchanging02 We've made it very clear (in a few lines full of UPPERCASE LETTERS) that anyone who considered downloading the dev build would be in for a world of hurt and that no support would be provided for it.

However, before I ask you to share some logs, I'd like to make 2 suggestions:

1. Try removing Kerbal Renamer. It's been found to be mischievous and we're working on it.
  2. If you're using Kopernicus 1.3.0-5, revert it. It causes a few new mean bugs....as ever.
Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@The-Doctor Try a new save? Or cheat some satellites into orbit? Your save ought to be corrupted by now after so much wrestling with KK. :/ 

lol no way I'm restarting again, and nope my save is fine, all KK does is add the ground stuff but that's not needed, I rather the peace of not worrying about signal ever again

20 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@everchanging02 We've made it very clear (in a few lines full of UPPERCASE LETTERS) that anyone who considered downloading the dev build would be in for a world of hurt and that no support would be provided for it.

However, before I ask you to share some logs, I'd like to make 2 suggestions:

1. Try removing Kerbal Renamer. It's been found to be mischievous and we're working on it.
  2. If you're using Kopernicus 1.3.0-5, revert it. It causes a few new mean bugs....as ever.

I /knew/ there was a third reason I felt guilty about bringing up the issue.  v.v

I do not see KerbalRenamer amongst my mods in GameData.
I am using Kopernicus 1.3.0-4, it seems.

Thank you very kindly for your time.

UPDATE:  Found GPP_Renamer in GPP, so removing that for a try...

Edited by everchanging02