[1.2.1] RLA_Continued 14.0

Deimos Rast

30 minutes ago, maculator said:

Is this mod actually actively maintained? The balance of the monoprop engines is a bit "off" theyre extremly usefull. I don't mind usefull engines but it feels almost like cheating.

Well, "maintenance" is a bit of an abstract concept when everything is working fine (and has in fact required only modest upkeep for several years). If you want to make the case that a specific engine is unbalanced because of specific properties, then by all means go ahead, and if folks are convinced then someone (even you) could distribute patches to rebalance as desired. 

I haven't used the monoprop engines from RLA much, but I suspect they're the least "stockalike" part of the pack in terms of balance - they can achieve Isp values on par with the LFO values, which may or may not be realistic.

They're the reason I always get back to this mod^^

I just got it installed yesterday and built my first few ships with them, on a first glanced they seem to be really really usefull because of verry high isp. I'll keep playing and comparing them and if I really think theyre op I guess I'll patch them a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, vardicd said:

@Deimos Rast Still around Seems like you've not been active since November? Just curious if this mod is still alive, with the 1.3 update and all. Not trying to be rude, and ask for an update now or anything. Politely asking.

This is a Parts mod, it do not use any plugin, so it should work perfectly without any change. Unless the OP want to make any kind of rebalance, the only thing that he should do to update is change the name of the thread.

I didn't tested it tho, so I could be wrong. But it most likely that this mod works perfectly.

I don't believe Deimos Rast has been around lately which would be why the thread title has not been updated. However @vardicd your question about maintenance was asked and answered once already, only two posts above yours. If you see something broken, point it out. Otherwise it's an academic question.

11 hours ago, PocketBrotector said:

I don't believe Deimos Rast has been around lately which would be why the thread title has not been updated. However @vardicd your question about maintenance was asked and answered once already, only two posts above yours. If you see something broken, point it out. Otherwise it's an academic question.

Yeah I saw that, but I had interpreted that to be a question referring to the previous version of KSP. I didn't realize it was referring to 1.3. {I didn't read the dates on the posts. my bad]

• 3 weeks later...

it works just fine on 1.3 with me

if you want to get rif of the annoying message when launching make you make your .version look like this

"VERSION":
  {
    "MAJOR": 14,
    "MINOR": 0,
    "PATCH": 1,
    "BUILD": 0
  },
  "KSP_VERSION":
  {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 3,
    "PATCH": 0
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MIN":
  {
    "MINOR": 2,
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MAX":
  {
    "PATCH": 8

just a few numbers but is does the job

On 6/26/2017 at 3:27 PM, Noud said:

it works just fine on 1.3 with me

if you want to get rif of the annoying message when launching make you make your .version look like this

"VERSION":
  {
    "MAJOR": 14,
    "MINOR": 0,
    "PATCH": 1,
    "BUILD": 0
  },
  "KSP_VERSION":
  {
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MIN":
  {
    "MINOR": 2,
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MAX":
  {
    "PATCH": 8

just a few numbers but is does the job

Does someone want to make a github fork with these changes?

Me neither, but making a dev fork is required to make a pull request if you don't have write authority.

In the mean time, people can fetch from the dev branch that has the patch.
It's how subversioning works.

Edited by Ruedii

• 3 weeks later...

As a note, you can make a dev fork without becoming a new overseer for the project.   It's called a "branch" as opposed to a full fork.   A branch relies on upstream, and just has a few, very minor, changes.   It still links back to the upstream and is synced with upstream.

OK, I made a fork branch with the updated version file.

I also sent a pull request back to the main branch, so the maintainer can add it back in.

https://github.com/Ruedii/RLA_Continued

Don't mind my overzealous poophole-retentive method of making a fork then a branch for the simple one line patch, that was an exercise me learning GitHub. :D

p.s. I'd change the phrasing to satisfy the profanity-reducer script, but it's too funny. :D

Edited by Ruedii
p.s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a decent cfg wizard too, but I'm currently mourning my father in law's death (he had liver cancer) so I've been having trouble keeping up with things.

If there is a bug that a task is too big on the github project of a page, make sure to reply to the bug with what needs to be done so other people can implement your idea.   This type of collaboration is key.

On 18/8/2017 at 1:23 PM, Carbonjvd said:

Being a bit of a cfg wizard myself, I could keep the mod updated and functional if people want it still. Just say so, and I'll get the up and running in no time!

-Carbonjvd

Please Carbonjvd do that, you will make a rocket enthusiast happy : )

thank you in advance...

cheers : )

Edited by Boomer

Looks like the interest is there so I'll start working on the new RLA Stockalike for 1.3, hopefully in a week or so it should be out. I'll post a new thread for it here shortly. Thanks again the support everyone!

-Carbonjvd

On 22/8/2017 at 2:27 PM, Carbonjvd said:

Looks like the interest is there so I'll start working on the new RLA Stockalike for 1.3, hopefully in a week or so it should be out. I'll post a new thread for it here shortly. Thanks again the support everyone!

-Carbonjvd

Thank you buddy, you've really made my day

26 minutes ago, Carbonjvd said:

I'm finishing up the work as we speak, so it should be out in here tonight or earlier tomorrow morning. Hope to see every at the new thread, which I should really make already..

-Carbonjvd

Big thanks from all of us! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.