Wheels slide on slopes

The new wheels are giving me some trouble fixing the rover on a slope. The slope is not all that big (5-10 degree at most) but my heavy rover slides down even on brakes. Even when the wheels are perpendicular to the direction of slope... even when landing legs are lowered. The slide always happens as if the rover is standing on ice. (this all happens on Eve).

I tried playing with wheels set up, but no amount of tweaking the traction or friction, etc could not prevent the slide. Is it by design? Basically all I want is to make sure that when I enable the brakes the rover would remain still. Is it impossible on the slope now?

Friction is always there whether the wheel is accelerating or braking. Traction control is like on cars -- when you are applying power, and one wheel loses grip and starts to spin, the traction control system applies the brakes to stop the wheel spin.

Edited by bewing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.