1st Duna Base Ideas (Stock)

Hey,  there's a launch window for Duna coming up fairly soon and I'm looking for inspiration for my first ever Duna Base.  Looking around on line there are lots of nice looking configurations, but they mostly make use of mods.  As I play on an aging laptop, I like to keep things stock (apart from Better Burn Time) to keep performance up.

I'd be grateful if you could post some pics of your stock missions to Duna, especially those including a base, so I can steal get some new ideas.

Cheers, Clipper.

This here was back in ye olde days... A large scale duna mission in KSP 0.22. It was using mods, but most of those mods are part of the basic game now, like resource collection and scanning satellites. What is missing is KIS and Infernal robotics, but you can do most of the stuff, using small docking ports and stock landing gear. Maybe it gives you some inspiration :)

flLbsEA.png

Full album here: http://imgur.com/a/zdnmK

You can also visit my Duna Trek thread (in my signature) for pure stock Duna Constellation landers and bases. Have fun :)

Edited by Frank_G

I think MK3 parts are good choice, it is big, can make a big base with fewer part

Spoiler

If you want some "real IVA", put things inside MK3 cargo bay

1ux7x71.png

leave a aisle let kerbal can walk inside

MK76I6b.png

Or if you looking for less part count, just put crew cabin, fuel tank, and legs to make a basic base. It can be done by <20 parts

(please ignore the ATC tower on top, and the wheels structure will decouple after landed)

ujcuHQd.png

The part count isn't too critical (within reason), which is one reason why I keep away from mods.  The basic game with medium/low graphics settings can cope with a couple of hundred parts.

It's interesting to see how others players put those stick parts together to create something unique.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.