Jiraiyah

Old thread? Hell no ! I'm Back, Updated the mod :

1- fixed the issue with b9partswitch not working after it's updates

2- changed the built in antenna type

3- Added a little bit OP battery with built in functionality as RTG.

a little bit of OP tweaks I know, but playing with this mod for some time, i found myself adding dozens of RTG and battery each time, so, tried to save myself from a little bit of pain on every sat building !

was thinking of adding different type of materials like fuel tanks and mono tanks, but with more thought and looking around the stock parts, saw that every now and then you can find things that fit nicely inside the sat, specially after having these batteries, no more need to have tons of battery and rtg around the inside, with only six batteries sitting inside the sat, there is so much room to put mono and liquid fuel tanks. May add another part though, my own rcs trusters, why? this sat is not heavy and built in rcs trusters are way to much powerful for fine adjustments, every time i have to reduce their powers to 10% of what they are, so why not using the built in meshes and scale them down and tweak the numbers and have another part? but that should wait until another update, maybe after i played with my other under development mod (stational cunstructs) because never got that one published and with new changes in b9 part switch, there is a hell of a work to do on their nodes (god help me)

Edited by Jiraiyah

• 11 months later...
On 10/27/2018 at 2:17 PM, Raptor22 said:

This reminds me of something... ominous...

Image result for borg cube gif

I just linked this mod to a guy for this very purpose, asking him to make some borg ship textures for this.  Between this and Octo sat, it should be simple to build entire borg fleets. :P  The guy I sent the link to is the mod author of PureElectricEngines.  Seriously, if we had a group of star trek fans get together to recreate the series via KSP I would probably be willing to buy the pending DLC they created together for more than the original game lmao.

• 4 weeks later...

Updated the mod for 1.8.1 and it should work with 1.9 although, I'm not sure what is the situation with B9 part switch and tweak scales.

Removed the Battery but added even more OP part, it's Electro wall, it has 10k electric chart and can save up to 100k, it produces power and heat as much as 30 RTG. If you ask me why such an op part is needed, try making a multi purposed sat using dmagic orbital (full set on one sat) with the addition of scan sat and normal resource scanner. I'm not sure even 6 of these op walls would be enough to compensate for the power usage on that sat. Also, to balance things at least a little, the price is way higher than before and is 2.6 Million to open the part in career and 790k per wall to use. I was not sure about the heat generating module, just got the RTG and multiplied each number by 30, if someone thinks it's out of balance please notify me with proper values.

1Zy06EL.png

eOenVf7.pngeUzImlG.png

vKgFPMN.png

Only the top wall (bellow the truss) is electro wall, that alone is more than enough to support all of these in 350 KM around kerbin in JNSQ :)

You can now easily put a small fuel tank inside, some small engines on the out side with radiators for heat and bingo, full, multi-purpose science sat at your service

Edited by Jiraiyah

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.