[1.9.x] NSS/OctoSat-SOAR Continued (Modular Satellites, Reusable launchers)

linuxgurugamer

On 2/27/2017 at 5:33 PM, birimbecas said:

@linuxgurugamer Here is a link to my save file and ckan modlist file. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzXyPMhVY5JueFN0UXdfOE85aDg?usp=sharing

I put in orbit 6 satelites. 1,2 and 3 are the octosat ones and 1-stock, 2-stock and 3-stock are the stock ones. The ones from octosat dont connect to each other, only to the stock ones. a more detailed explanation is in my other post along with pictures.

Thanks for your help.

On 2/28/2017 at 5:40 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I've been able to duplicate the problem, thanks for those files.

May take a few days, I'm rather busy right now.

Hello there!

Long time lurker, stumbled upon this mod and loved it but unfortunately plagued by this bug.

Any fix on the horizon?

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎03 at 2:38 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm not a modeler.  That being said, if someone would make a model for it, I'll consider it.

However, keep in mind this is a satellite, not something that is normally docked to.

Frankly, the 0.625 is ideal, since all you need is to grab it, not go into it

What about tweakscale? Also, I think he wants to dock because he wants to refuel it or something like that.

7 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast23 said:

What about tweakscale? Also, I think he wants to dock because he wants to refuel it or something like that.

Look for Pico port, it's a small docking port for the Octosat and someone also has a tweakscale config for it.  Both are available in CKAN

• 3 months later...

Just deployed one of these again...  Anyone else get massive drag from these?  Inline octo-sat+nosecone took failed to launch with over 4,000 d/v.  Drop the nosecone and put a fairing around the octo-sat, and with the same launch profile it managed to launch with fuel to spare.

I'm encountering 2 bugs concerning the available comms devices provided my Octo-sat. They may or may not be related.

1) Sometimes when I launch a vessel with the satellite in a fairing and then deploy said fairing, the antenna won't activate, saying that they're still stowed (though they're not)

2) When I launch a vessel with the Gargantuan Dish the gargantuan dish is missing the option to extend and just operates as an extra fuel and nothing else. 

keep up the great work with this mod and I look forward to seeing future additions. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if it is possible to tweak a CFG or something, to enable for hopping for the drone parts? I'm having issues where neither direct or relay does anything else but connect to KSC, and doesn't go any further than that. Stock parts with support for hopping works just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick & dirty fix for the relay bug.

Copy the OctoSat_Sc_SideDish.cfg, scrap the SelectableDataTransmitter module and keep just one relay module or copy the relay module from the equivalent stock one (RA-100.cfg).

Rename the new cfg to OctoSat_Sc_SideDish_(something).cfg, and the part name inside it and there you have it. Working relay with both stock and NSS parts.

Works till someone figures the bug with SelectableDataTransmitter.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, I'm just going to wait for an official release with the bug fix in it.  I'd like to use Octosat based models for all my comm network and relays, but given the bugs and the author being overloaded with more important add-ons (of which I use a great many!), I'm probably best just moving on and not using this one anymore, once my restarted 1.3.1 game gets tot he point where I need these.  If this gest ficed before then, great!  If not, then no problem either, I'll just get by with a less elegant looking solution

For all interested, I'm getting ready to look at this bug

I'd appreciate examples of how to reproduce it, save files would also be helpful

On 2/27/2017 at 10:33 AM, birimbecas said:

@linuxgurugamer Here is a link to my save file and ckan modlist file. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzXyPMhVY5JueFN0UXdfOE85aDg?usp=sharing

I put in orbit 6 satelites. 1,2 and 3 are the octosat ones and 1-stock, 2-stock and 3-stock are the stock ones. The ones from octosat dont connect to each other, only to the stock ones. a more detailed explanation is in my other post along with pictures.

Thanks for your help.

I'm (finally) getting some time to look at this, thanks for keeping it around.

I've been working on this.

I found a couple of small issues, but nothing is failing for me now.

This is a beta: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SelectableDataTransmitter/releases/tag/0.1.4.1

Just download and replace the current directory with the contents of this, and please let me know if it solves the problem.  If it doesn't, then I'll need specific  examples.

Thanks

On 11/19/2017 at 5:48 AM, Esendis said:

Quick & dirty fix for the relay bug.

Copy the OctoSat_Sc_SideDish.cfg, scrap the SelectableDataTransmitter module and keep just one relay module or copy the relay module from the equivalent stock one (RA-100.cfg).

Rename the new cfg to OctoSat_Sc_SideDish_(something).cfg, and the part name inside it and there you have it. Working relay with both stock and NSS parts.

Works till someone figures the bug with SelectableDataTransmitter.

I released a beta (post above this), can you please try it out?

5 hours ago, tuxxieboi123 said:

I've just found this mod, installed today, first launch was to play with octosat and the bug in question still exists, my octosats with gargantuan dish, do NOT relay. I'd be happy to give you a save or anything you may need to help fix the issue.

Yes, please.

On 12/2/2017 at 9:18 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I've been working on this.

I found a couple of small issues, but nothing is failing for me now.

This is a beta: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SelectableDataTransmitter/releases/tag/0.1.4.1

Just download and replace the current directory with the contents of this, and please let me know if it solves the problem.  If it doesn't, then I'll need specific  examples.

Thanks

Just realized I still had one build version back, testing if update works, will post back when tested, also your quick and dirty hack of editing cfgs did seem to fix issue of no relay but didn't allow stock antennas to connect at least one my save :(

Edit: seems it's all working fine now  :) thanks lgg

Edit2: well i guess I lied. Still not connecting to stock antennas :( and the connection between the octosats have dissappeared. How do I send a file? I've already zipped the save folder.

Edited by tuxxieboi123
Update on issue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.