[1.9.x] NSS/OctoSat-SOAR Continued (Modular Satellites, Reusable launchers)

linuxgurugamer

On 1/15/2017 at 7:27 PM, BureauJaeger said:

@linuxgurugamer I think there's a problem in the RealPlume config for this. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't ":FOR[RealPlume]" cause MM to presume RP is installed even if it isn't? I just noticed some engine FX and sounds were missing and I suspect this being the culprit.

Could be, I'll look into it

Right now RT does not use Relay or Direct mode. Dishes just need to look at each other to work, so having the Direct/Relay toggle with RT installed was confusing. I thought it did something with RT installed until I looked at the config files.

5 minutes ago, ICirceI said:

Right now RT does not use Relay or Direct mode. Dishes just need to look at each other to work, so having the Direct/Relay toggle with RT installed was confusing. I thought it did something with RT installed until I looked at the config files.

Oh, ok.  Now it makes sense, I'll add your patch tomorrow.

Thanks

8 hours ago, ICirceI said:

New releaes: 0.1.5

• Fixed MM config for RT, thanks @ICirceI

I haven't been able to upgrade to the next version (0.1.5?) with CKAN. I can install/uninstall other mods but CKAN crashes when i try to install Octosat. I tried downloading directly but I get directed to "clicknsee" which I don't really trust. Am I doing something wrong, have I missed something? It wouldn't be the first time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I think i've ran into an issue or maybe i'm doing something completely wrong.

I built 3 Satelites and placed them in orbit but the relays don't link to each other and i dont have probe control. If i enable extra ground stations settings they connect to kerbin just fine. All three satelites have three antennas. 2 Side dishes wich have 100G rating (one set to Relay and one set to Direct) and one compact guidance unit wich is 2M.

Here are some pictures that might help, and if you need anything else just tell me.

http://imgur.com/a/TliW4

Edited by birimbecas

Digging all your work @linuxgurugamer keeping these lost mods current :)

Suggestion: I really think the Core Guidance Module and Side Guidance Module need kOS processors built in. These sats are by design small and compact, there's not much room for hanging other parts off.

I patched it into my game, but if you wanted to add it natively, something like this would work:

MODULE
{
	name = kOSProcessor
	diskSpace = 100000
}

Edited by MalevolentNinja

On 1/23/2017 at 5:37 PM, Hanover Fiste said:

I haven't been able to upgrade to the next version (0.1.5?) with CKAN. I can install/uninstall other mods but CKAN crashes when i try to install Octosat. I tried downloading directly but I get directed to "clicknsee" which I don't really trust. Am I doing something wrong, have I missed something? It wouldn't be the first time.

First, delete the mod, and then delete the entire directory by hand:  GameData/NSS

then try installing via CKAN again.

Regarding the direct download, I have no idea where you are getting that "clicknsee".  What link are you clicking on?  I just tested the links on the OP of this thread, and didn't have any problem

52 minutes ago, MalevolentNinja said:

Digging all your work @linuxgurugamer keeping these lost mods current :)

Suggestion: I really think the Core Guidance Module and Side Guidance Module need kOS processors built in. These sats are by design small and compact, there's not much room for hanging other parts off.

I patched it into my game, but if you wanted to add it natively, something like this would work:

MODULE
{
	name = kOSProcessor
	diskSpace = 100000
}

Added it as an enhancement request.  

• 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer Here is a link to my save file and ckan modlist file. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzXyPMhVY5JueFN0UXdfOE85aDg?usp=sharing

I put in orbit 6 satelites. 1,2 and 3 are the octosat ones and 1-stock, 2-stock and 3-stock are the stock ones. The ones from octosat dont connect to each other, only to the stock ones. a more detailed explanation is in my other post along with pictures.

Thanks for your help.

On 2/27/2017 at 10:33 AM, birimbecas said:

@linuxgurugamer Here is a link to my save file and ckan modlist file. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzXyPMhVY5JueFN0UXdfOE85aDg?usp=sharing

I put in orbit 6 satelites. 1,2 and 3 are the octosat ones and 1-stock, 2-stock and 3-stock are the stock ones. The ones from octosat dont connect to each other, only to the stock ones. a more detailed explanation is in my other post along with pictures.

Thanks for your help.

I've been able to duplicate the problem, thanks for those files.

May take a few days, I'm rather busy right now.

• 2 months later...

Interesting videos on Space.com that look like Octosat.

I've built something similar to this using the very large dish.

http://www.space.com/36815-made-in-space-archinaut-dilo-video.html

The second video has really cool arms that help build things.  It would be very hand to have a wedge that could do KAS/KIS type activities.

Space News article as well:

http://spacenews.com/nasa-made-in-space-think-big-with-archinaut-a-robotic-3d-printing-demo-bound-for-iss/

Thanks for the mod by the way.  I use it in just about every game both as stand alone satellites and utility components on kerballed crafts.

Edited by SeaTac
added news link

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.