[1.9.x] NSS/OctoSat-SOAR Continued (Modular Satellites, Reusable launchers)

linuxgurugamer

16 hours ago, Phraxas said:

Does this not work in 1.4.5?  My gargantuan dish is not picking up any signal, which sucks because it's perfect for my relays.

The antennas in this are using the stock antenna modules.  Just make sure you have the latest version installed, and make sure that what you are using is listed as a relay

Welcome, you obviously aren't new to the game, given all those mods.

I need to see the log file, see this for how to get it:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

Also, how did you install all those mods?

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Welcome, you obviously aren't new to the game, given all those mods.

I need to see the log file, see this for how to get it:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

Also, how did you install all those mods?

Sry i have forgotten that there is a log file.

Ok:
Version of the used mod: NSS/OctoSat-SOAR Continued v0.1.10

Problem: The core modules that should contain fuel dont have it. There are also no buttons, as you can see them on the demo video belonging to that parts in their context menu.
Additional screenshot:

Spoiler

LjSfzMY.jpg

Reproduction steps: The bug occured immediately after installing the NSS/OctoSat-SOAR Continued. I wanted to try it out and take a look on parts and buld a testcraft. At that point I noticed that there is no fuel.
At that point I already had the most of the mods i have installed up to date.
Additional: I also use Game Data Switcher v 1.0.5 (this) to lounch KSP. So i probably could test the NSS/OctoSat-SOAR Continued in a separate GameData with only stock stuff and ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll in it.

Relevancy of the mods in my mods list: The most mods are up to date. The Mini AVC dont tell anything on loading KSP except the DeepFreeze and one or two other mods that want another KSP version. But alle the mods seem to work fine with all together.
There are a couple of heavy funktionality mods in the list (must have mods). I havent tested everything but all the other mods seem to work fine with all together. At this point Im only looking if there would be a "global crash" on loading the KSP when I put one more another mod into the game. It happens sometimes with older mods which are no longer supported for earlier KSP versions.

Mod installation method: I dont use CKAN because I want to see what is inside and to see if it would cause a crash. All of the mod I install manually, via unzipping the corresponding mod folder and sometimes additional dependencies into my GameData.

Mods installed:
My mods list and their versions according to their *.version

Spoiler

Folders and files in GameData:
000_AT_Utils                    v1.6.0.0
000_ClickThroughBlocker            v0.1.6.7
000_FilterExtensions            v3.2.2.3
000_FilterExtensions_Configs    ---
000_Toolbar                        v1.7.17.11
000_USITools                    v0.12.0.0
001_ToolbarControl                v0.1.6.10
AntennaHelper                    v1.0.4.0
ASET                            ---
        ALCOR_Advanced_IVA        ---
        ALCOR_LanderCapsule        v0.9.7.0
        ASET_Avionics            v2.1
        ASET_Props                v1.5
        ExtCamRadialVert        ---
        Mk1_Cockpit_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET        v1.1
        Mk1_Lander_Can_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET    v1.1
        MK1-2_IVA_Replacement_by_ASET            v0.3
Astrogator                        v0.7.8.0
AutoAsparagus                    v2.2.12.0
BahaSP                            v0.6.5.3 ?        (its from: NSS/OctoSat-SOAR Continued v0.1.10)
BasicDeltaV                        v1.0.3.1
BasicOrbit                        v1.0.8.1
BonVoyage                        v0.13.3.0
Colonist                        v1.0
CommunityCategoryKit            v0.3.0.0
CommunityResourcePack            v0.10.0.0
CommunityTechTree                v3.3.2.0
CommunityTraitIcons                v1.0.0.0
ConfigurableContainers            v2.4.3.1
CraftManager                    v1.1.3
DMagicOrbitalScience            v1.3.0.12
DMagicUtilities                    ---
        CapCom                    v1.0.2.9        (full name: CapCom - Mission Control On The Go v1.0.2.9)
        ContractParser            v1.0.8.0
        ContractsWindow            v1.0.9.2
        ProgressParser            v1.0.10.0
EditorExtensionsRedux            v3.3.19.3
EVATransfer                        v1.0.8.1
Firespitter                        v7.9.0
FMRS                            v1.2.7.2        (full name: Flight Manager For Reusable Stages)
FShangarExtender                v3.5.3.2
Hangar                            v3.3.4.2        (url: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/80225-143-hangar/)
IndicatorLights                    v1.3.1            (url: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/137806-145-indicatorlights-v131-small-convenient-informative/)
InterstellarFuelSwitch            v3.2.0.0
JSI                                v0.4.2.0        (url: https://github.com/Mihara/PartUtilities)
JX2Antenna                        v2.0.5            (url: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/153125-145-jx2antenna-v205-giant-1000g-antenna-for-big-solar-systems/)
KAS                                v1.0.6781.42848
KerbalEngineer                    v1.1.5.3
KerbalFoundries                    v2.2.6.16
Kerbalism                        v1.7.1.1
KerbalLaunchVehicles            v1.1.4            (url: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/164440-14x-kerbal-launch-vehicles/)
Kerbaltek                        v1.5.8.0        (mod name: HyperEdit v1.5.8.0)
KerbNetController                v1.0.4.0        (url: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/108704-14x-dmagics-modlets-ksp-14-updates-3-25-2018/)
KermangeddonIndustries            v1.2.9.5        (mod name: Inline Ballutes v1.2.9.5)
KIS                                v1.14.6773.33741
KRnD                            v1.15            (url: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/128204-142-kerbal-research-development/)
KspCraftOrganizer                v1.5.5.0
KSPWheel                        v0.11.9.27        (url: https://github.com/shadowmage45/KSPWheel/)
KSTS                            v1.11            (url: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/148071-142-kerbal-space-transport-system/)
ManeuverNodeEvolved                v1.0.4.0
MechJeb2                        v2.7.3.0
NavUtilities continued            v0.7.2.0        (url: https://github.com/SerTheGreat/NavInstruments)
NavyFish                        v6.8.2.0        (mod name: Docking Port Alignment Indicator v6.8.2.0)
NehemiahInc                        v0.7.9.23        (mod name: Nehemiah Engineering Orbital Science (NEOS) v0.7.9.23)
NRAP                            v1.5.11.1        (url: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/NRAP)
NSS                                v0.1.10.0        (this mod: NSS/OctoSat-SOAR Continued v0.1.10)
OneWindow                        v1.0.3.0
Pebkac                            v1.4.0.0        (mod name: PEBKAC Industries: Launch Escape System v1.4.0.0)
PortraitStats                    v1.0.17.0
PreciseManeuver                    v2.4.1.0
RCSBuildAid                        v0.9.7.1        (mod name: RCS Build Aid Continued v0.9.7.1)
RealPlume                        v1.2.0
RealPlume-Stock                    v1.2.0
RecoveryController                v0.0.3.2
REPOSoftTech                    v0.23.8.0        (mod name: DeepFreeze Continued... v0.23.8.0)
RoutineMissionManager            v032            (mod name: Routine Mission Manager v032)
SCANsat                            v1.1.8.7
ScienceRelay                    v1.0.5.1
SmokeScreen                        v2.8.0.0        (its from: Real Plume v1.2.0)
SpaceTuxIndustries                ---                (ulr: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/164829-13-14-spacetux-industries-recycled-parts/)
        PatchManager            ---
        RecycledParts            v0.1.4.6
                BahaSP            ---
                RSCapsuledyne    v.1.5.3            (mod name: R&S Capsuledyne TAURUS HCV AND SERVICE MODULE v.1.5.3)

Stock folder: Squad                stock
Stock folder: SquadExpansion    stock

StageRecovery                    v1.8.0.0
StationScience                    v2.4.1.0
SurfaceExperimentPackage        v2.6            (url: https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Surface-Experiment-Pack)
TimeControl                        v2.9.3.0
TrackingStationEvolved            v1.0.3.0
TriggerTech                        ---
        Flags                    ---
        KerbalAlarmClock        v3.9.1.0
        KSPAlternateResourcePanel    v2.9.3.0
TRP-Hire                        v0.6.8.6        (url: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/PHS)
TweakScale                        v2.3.12.0
UmbraSpaceIndustries            ---
        FX                        ---
        Malemute                v0.6.0.0
        SoundingRockets            v0.9.0.0
UniversalStorage                v1.4.0.0
VesselView                        v0.8.7.0        (mod name: Vessel Viewer Continued v0.8.7.0)
WaypointManager                    v2.7.2.0
WildBlueIndustries                ---
        000ABARISBridgeDoNotDelete    1.0.0.0 ??
        000WildBlueTools        v1.55.11
        001KerbalActuators        v1.5.1.0
        Buffalo                    v2.6.0
        ClassicStockResources    v.1.0.2.0
        MOLE                    v1.15.6.0        (mod name:Mark One Laboratory Extensions v1.15.6.0)
[x] Science!                    v5.16.0
GameDataData.data
ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
toolbar-settings.dat
WBIPlayMode.cfg

KSP: 1.4.4 Windows 64bit

Log:
Log file from %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt
The log file is from yesterday. I havent launched the game after I took that corresponding screen:
output_log.txt

My first thought was that I probably need B9PartSwitch to make the texture switching and fuel work. But I dont know.

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It uses Interstellar Fuel Switch.....

Yesss, thats that kind of problems I really like.
Several days I have thought why it does not work. The problem is solved.
I have put the content of IFS not in the GameData but in the root of KSP (where KSP_x64.exe is).
Now I have removed all the stuff that belongs to NSS 0.1.10 (for sure) and unzipped it again. Then unzipped the content from IFS 3.6.4 (InterstellarFuelSwitch+PatchManager), this time into GameData.
And what happened? Right, it works.
I also was wondering why there are no tanks that belong to IFS...

Sorry and thanks a lot, it works now, even with IFS 3.6.4

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Thanks for the 1.5 update. After playing for a while I've noticed couple of things:

-All the engines have humongous flames. Not a real problem, but visually annoying.

-Survey module SCANsat integration seems to be missing couple of lines:

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
        name = SCANexperiment
        experimentType = SCANsatResources
    }

Otherwise splendid mod, makes run-of-the-mill satellites and probes far easier to design.

28 minutes ago, Lathari said:

-All the engines have humongous flames. Not a real problem, but visually annoying.

Oh yuck.  I wasn't aware, I'll work on it asap

28 minutes ago, Lathari said:

Survey module SCANsat integration seems to be missing couple of lines:

Reveal hidden contents

MODULE
    {
        name = SCANexperiment
        experimentType = SCANsatResources
    }

Thanks I'll add it at the same time I fix the engines

New ModuleManager, new error ...

But MM thread says

Some things that were previously errors are now just warnings.  Warnings will still complain to the user, but they will not prevent the cache from being created.  These are generally things where a patch has bad data but ModuleManager can guess the intent.  In general these should be fixed by the mod author in a timely manner.  One example is multiple pass specifiers on the same patch.  Previously it would error, now it will take the first one and warn.

So I wonder, what is this?

GameData\NSS\MM\TexturesUnlimited_NSS.cfg
line 43:

texture = _MetallicGlossMap,TexturesUnlimited_NSS/Textures/silver

triggers

ERROR: KSPShaderLoader - Texture could not be located for name: TexturesUnlimited_NSS/Textures/silver for texture slot: _MetallicGlossMap while loading textures for material:

Edit:

opened a PR for the easier part

--snipped--

Edited by Gordon Dry
nope, should be different ... ;)

20 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

New ModuleManager, new error ...

But MM thread says

So I wonder, what is this?

GameData\NSS\MM\TexturesUnlimited_NSS.cfg
line 43:

texture = _MetallicGlossMap,TexturesUnlimited_NSS/Textures/silver

triggers

ERROR: KSPShaderLoader - Texture could not be located for name: TexturesUnlimited_NSS/Textures/silver for texture slot: _MetallicGlossMap while loading textures for material:

Edit:

opened a PR for the easier part

--snipped--

I guess the shader is now located in TU/mettalic instead of SSTU/PBR/metallic. Because shadomage confirmed to me that the sstu shaders are in the bundle.

1 hour ago, Shadowmage said:

They are included with TU, in the SSTU-Shaders ssf bundle file ( https://github.com/shadowmage45/TexturesUnlimited/blob/master/GameData/000_TexturesUnlimited/Shaders/sstushaders-universal.ssf  )

So, as long as you have TU installed, the shaders are there as well.

4 minutes ago, Moofrog said:

I also cannot control OctoSat with RemoteTech installed. I cannot find the Flight Manager. And it does not want to use the OctoSat RCS Thrusters to turn.

I don't use RemoteTech, so have no idea what the Flight Manager is

does it work without RT?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't use RemoteTech, so have no idea what the Flight Manager is

does it work without RT?

It does not. Will not use RCS. However have to do some more extensive troubleshooting because im running other mods as well.

By the way can confirm that the TexturesUnlimited_NSS.cfg works without the texture reference inside, only that the big top dish thingy looks kinda metallic shiny while standard it looks white. Guess its needs more finetuning for the desired effect.

So with the config active all OctoSat parts have a pretty metallic shine to it.

PS: Sorry I mean Flight Computer, which is a shipped function that comes with RT to queue commands for the probes  who you cannot control manueally like OctoSat.(its in the patches).

Edited by Moofrog

@linuxgurugamer What are all the core dependencies of Octosat and InterstellarFuelSwitch?

I tried testing it with only OctoSat installed but then MM throws 109 errors at me coz of the ActiveMMPatches, however when I put all the mod folders back inside suddenly no errors, except the one by TexturesUnlimited_NSS.cfg  which I fixed.

Now I found it. It was the CommunityResourcePack.

@linuxgurugamer Just tested it with a clean install of only OctoSat in KSP v.1.5.1.

Put together a Test OctoSat and can confirm that the 4-way RCS modules are not working. So yeah none of the OctoSat delivered RCS modules work.

Put some stock RCS on it, works fine.

The Monoprop Engine works fine.

Edited by Moofrog
Update

2 hours ago, Moofrog said:

@linuxgurugamer Just tested it with a clean install of only OctoSat in KSP v.1.5.1.

Put together a Test OctoSat and can confirm that the 4-way RCS modules are not working. So yeah none of the OctoSat delivered RCS modules work.

Thank you. Now that I know it is not remote Tech, I'll build to take a look at it and fix it.

18 hours ago, Moofrog said:

Actually, I think they are working, just not showing the plumes.  Can you check for that, please?

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Actually, I think they are working, just not showing the plumes.  Can you check for that, please?

Yep its not showing the plumes. However the RCS thrusters also feel kind of weak. But maybe its only because the visual effects are missing.

Adding plumes should not be that hard, right? Is there actually a reaplume patch for it? Want learn more about modding :)

Edited by Moofrog

10 minutes ago, Moofrog said:

Yep its not showing the plumes. However the RCS thrusters also feel kind of weak. But maybe its only because the visual effects are missing.

Adding plumes should not be that hard, right? Is there actually a reaplume patch for it? Want learn more about modding :)

Well, the plumes used to work. Hut then Squad changed things.  And while I do have the plumes working, the are not appearing where they should.

Re. The weakness. These are weak TVs, intended for use on a small probe.

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, the plumes used to work. Hut then Squad changed things.  And while I do have the plumes working, the are not appearing where they should.

Re. The weakness. These are weak TVs, intended for use on a small probe.

Well the ingame description says they are 0.8(k)N. Maybe they are less well that octosat I put together for testing was pretty small. Also another thing when I put two of those dishes on it in symmetry mode one of them just physics wobbled out of place and disappeared and that with struts set to heavy. Without struts it looked like the kraken hit it. So maybe the description needs updating. Also I will have to install some information displaying mods, however I wanted to to be just OctoSat mod installed to keep it as clean as possible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.