[1.9.x] NSS/OctoSat-SOAR Continued (Modular Satellites, Reusable launchers)

linuxgurugamer

Would it be possible to change the CKAN dependency from IFS to B9PartSwitch? IFS recently added TweakScale as a dependency, which I'm not a fan of having installed.

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2020 at 4:53 AM, rspeed said:

Would it be possible to change the CKAN dependency from IFS to B9PartSwitch? IFS recently added TweakScale as a dependency, which I'm not a fan of having installed.

Just delete the entire TweakScale folder out of your GameData, everything still works fine and CKAN is none the wiser.

35 minutes ago, KIMCHI said:

I have an issue with my sats. In the VAB they look great but once I am in the game my satellites look black. My visual mods are EVE, Scatterer, and Spectra on 1.9.1.

Try removing Eve, Scatterer and Spectra, see what happens

I actually think its Textures Unlimited. I removed TU and it worked then I reinstalled TU and just change the NSS TU CFG to .BAK so I had it in case and BOOM it works! It actually looks WAY better too without the PBR.

Thanks for the help and your continued service to the community.

Edited by KIMCHI

11 hours ago, KIMCHI said:

I actually think its Textures Unlimited. I removed TU and it worked then I reinstalled TU and just change the NSS TU CFG to .BAK so I had it in case and BOOM it works! It actually looks WAY better too without the PBR.

Well, you didn't list that, so I couldn't even suggest it.

Glad you got it solved.  Why don't you send a message to the TU maintainer about it

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2020 at 11:55 PM, KIMCHI said:

I have the same problem; nice in VAB, all black in orbit. Could you explain again the solve?

• 1 year later...
On 8/7/2020 at 1:06 AM, soldanithiago said:

I have the same problem; nice in VAB, all black in orbit. Could you explain again the solve?

If you are using Textures Unlimited for shiny metal textures, but your OctoSats do not reflect direct sunlight (being black in orbit), you need to go to ~\GameData\NSS\MM and rename TexturesUnlimited_NSS.cfg (to TexturesUnlimited_NSS.cfg.bak, for example). Then restart KSP, and OctoSats will reflect sunlight properly (but sadly they will lose that PBR metal shine). 

Yea, a bit late, I know.

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2020 at 5:53 AM, rspeed said:

That would be nice.

Or can I install this nice mod just with B9PS already?

(And did somebody tested it with KSP 1.12.x ?)

On 6/18/2020 at 8:40 AM, TranceaddicT said:

Dropping this here for discussion there.

Hey @TranceaddicT and @Sir Mortimer,

was this problem resolved?

49 minutes ago, N3N said:

That would be nice.

Or can I install this nice mod just with B9PS already?

(And did somebody tested it with KSP 1.12.x ?)

Hey @TranceaddicT and @Sir Mortimer,

was this problem resolved?

You can install IFS without TweakScale manually or with CKAN (Just go to your gamedata folder and delete the unnecessary dependencies), it works just fine

Part mods should work in almost every version of the game if you have the dependencies. I've used part mods from 0.9 (And even 0.25) in the newest versions of the game

And if still in doubt, just test it... whats the worst that could happen?

2 minutes ago, Firebird989 said:

You can install IFS without TweakScale manually or with CKAN (Just go to your gamedata folder and delete the unnecessary dependencies), it works just fine

Part mods should work in almost every version of the game if you have the dependencies. I've used part mods from 0.9 (And even 0.25) in the newest versions of the game

And if still in doubt, just test it... whats the worst that could happen?

Hey, OK, thank you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.