[1.9.x] NSS/OctoSat-SOAR Continued (Modular Satellites, Reusable launchers)

linuxgurugamer

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll add this to the next release

I updated the patch please get new one https://www.dropbox.com/s/culfl4y5trkczje/TexturesUnlimited_NSS.zip?dl=0

will also try and get a TRR patch also

2 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Nice work @Mecripp the parts look good. 

Thanks and please try the new patch I just posted :) think the solarpanels look better in it let me know what you think

• 1 month later...

Found it will check it out and @linuxgurugamer on your module you have ProgressFxModules = 1 shouldn't that be ProgressFxModules = 0 ? has there the first module in writing a MM the first is 0 the 2nd is 1 and so on or are you just wanting them to stay the same ?

EDIT- forget that brain fart I see it now DeployFxModules = 0   long day

Edited by Mecripp
edit

14 hours ago, Cazrl said:

Is there a way to get the fuel tanks working with realfuels? or is it supposed to?

Thanks.

Probably, but I don't use RF, you should ask for help in that thread on how to write a patch for it.

If you do, feel free to send it to me.  Even though I don't use it, I'd be happy to include the patch

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

new release, 0.1.10:

• Really fixed the Tweakscale config
  • Replaced the Firespitter with InterstellarFuelSwitch, works better
  • Removed the SelectableDataTransmitter
  • Added new part to give a relay antenna (clone of existing)
  • Moved all MM files into a MM directory
  • Added support for PatchManager
  • Tweakscale config moved into Patchmanager
  • New config for stock texture switching added, to be used only if IFS is not installed, thanks to github user @Hexicube for the stock texture configs.  This is NOT recommended for use, however
  • Updated Part Requests description for science contracts to properly say which part is needed
  • Adjusted antenna ranges and power consumption

CKAN is being updated for the new dependencies

First of all, I love Octosat, it makes for some beautiful satellites!

I'm having an odd issue with the gargantuan dish though; when activated, the opening/closing animation just keeps repeating. It still seems to be working, at least.

I've got a bunch of other mods installed, and I may be able to test this with them removed later, but was just interested to know if anyone had seen the same problem.

Video:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2018 at 6:16 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

new release, 0.1.10:

• Removed the SelectableDataTransmitter
  • Added new part to give a relay antenna (clone of existing)

I had a feeling that this would happen at some point. Kudos for trying to make it work. :cool:

Fixing up a new installation but IFS throws a conflict with ConfigurableContainers at CKAN. Any chance for a firespitter one or could you at least point me in the right direction?

2 hours ago, Esendis said:

I had a feeling that this would happen at some point. Kudos for trying to make it work. :cool:

Fixing up a new installation but IFS throws a conflict with ConfigurableContainers at CKAN. Any chance for a firespitter one or could you at least point me in the right direction?

Turned out that the relay antenna could also receive, so that mod wasn't needed.

Post a link to a log file, and I'll take a look

I'll have to take a look, not sure if there is a solution.

No chance for firespitter, sorry, although you could try to use it. IFS is a superset of FS, so maybe just replacing the module names would suffice

Edit:  I just tried, and I was able to install both ConfigurableContainers and IFS using CKAN, so what's your issue?  This was on a 1.4 game.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

4 hours ago, Esendis said:

Strange... CKAN doesn't let me install either (octo or IFS). Both CKAN & KSP at latest versions. I'll try a manual install and report back.

Clear the cache and try again

On 5/11/2018 at 8:52 PM, Rohaq said:

I'm having an odd issue with the gargantuan dish though; when activated, the opening/closing animation just keeps repeating. It still seems to be working, at least.

I've got a bunch of other mods installed, and I may be able to test this with them removed later, but was just interested to know if anyone had seen the same problem.

Video:

Do you have IFS installed?

On 5/11/2018 at 8:52 PM, Rohaq said:

First, it isn’t repeating, it is opening and then closing.

second, I haven’t seen that before, Imwould need to see a log file

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.