[1.9.x] NSS/OctoSat-SOAR Continued (Modular Satellites, Reusable launchers)

linuxgurugamer

4 hours ago, Moofrog said:

Well the ingame description says they are 0.8(k)N. Maybe they are less well that octosat I put together for testing was pretty small. Also another thing when I put two of those dishes on it in symmetry mode one of them just physics wobbled out of place and disappeared and that with struts set to heavy. Without struts it looked like the kraken hit it. So maybe the description needs updating. Also I will have to install some information displaying mods, however I wanted to to be just OctoSat mod installed to keep it as clean as possible.

The are 0.8 kN.

Can you provide a craft file, I havent seen that issue you talked about.

I don't understand the big dishes.

One is an antenna with functionality, the other one is just a part without antenna functionality.
(RemoteTech is installed)

And, the one that works - in flight mode the deploy animation loops forever - deploy, retract, deploy, retract ...

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I don't understand the big dishes.

One is an antenna with functionality, the other one is just a part without antenna functionality.
(RemoteTech is installed)

And, the one that works - in flight mode the deploy animation loops forever - deploy, retract, deploy, retract ...

With the stock CommNet, they appear to work fine.  One's a relay, the other's direct-only.  (Though I haven't deployed one into flight mode in 1.5 yet.)

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to looking into something's that's been bugging me (that there weren't any fuel tanks), and found something odd...

As far as I can tell, the fuel tanks will *only* have fuel storage if InterstellarFuelSwitch isn't installed.  Fuel capacity is added in as a part of MM/StockTextureSwitch.cfg, which only applies if InterstellarFuelSwitch isn't applied.  TextureSwitch/NSS_MM_FSTextureSwitch2.cfg, which is the InterstellarFuelSwitch patch, only applies textures, not fuel.

StockTextureSwitch.cfg also *only* adds LF/Ox fuel to the parts, with no option of LF, Monoprop, or Xenon - all of which have engines.

Unless I'm missing something entirely?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 2:17 AM, DStaal said:

I finally got around to looking into something's that's been bugging me (that there weren't any fuel tanks), and found something odd...

As far as I can tell, the fuel tanks will *only* have fuel storage if InterstellarFuelSwitch isn't installed.  Fuel capacity is added in as a part of MM/StockTextureSwitch.cfg, which only applies if InterstellarFuelSwitch isn't applied.  TextureSwitch/NSS_MM_FSTextureSwitch2.cfg, which is the InterstellarFuelSwitch patch, only applies textures, not fuel.

StockTextureSwitch.cfg also *only* adds LF/Ox fuel to the parts, with no option of LF, Monoprop, or Xenon - all of which have engines.

From the opening post:

• The InterStellarFuelswitch has been added as a dependency

So it would make sense if things break if that's not installed :)

47 minutes ago, Moiety said:

From the opening post:

So it would make sense if things break if that's not installed :)

Yes, but not if it is...   (Which is what I think I see - it only works if it's *not* installed - but it's required, so it's broken.)

On 12/18/2018 at 8:17 PM, DStaal said:

Yup, I think you are.

The IFS module is installed in the config files, and that defines the resources available in the tank.

// --- Modules ---
	MODULE
	{
		name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
		resourceNames = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;XenonGas;MonoPropellant
		resourceAmounts = 14,17;28;34;440;40
		initialResourceAmounts = 14,17;28;34;440;40
		basePartMass = 0.02
		tankMass = 0.00025;0.000125;0.000125;0.0022;0.0004
		tankCost = 50;0;20;2100;100
		displayCurrentTankCost = false
		hasGUI = true
		availableInFlight = false
		availableInEditor = true
		showInfo = true
	}

I do see a problem, in that CKAN is looking for the full IFS, while this only needs the core, I'll have to get that updated.  But I just tested this, by installing (with CKAN) Octosat and the required dependencies, and it worked, there was fuel in the Octosat tanks

I'll have to double-check as well - I know there's been an update since my post on this, and I haven't gone back to see if it was working or not yet.

Though double-checking things in my install it looks like I may have a broken InterstellarFuelSwitch install, somehow.  (It looks like I somehow got all the core files *except* the dll.  Very odd.)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/4/2019 at 7:41 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

It should

I've been using it in 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 with MH and BG expansions.  It works fine so far.  Thanks for keeping this mod going linuxgurugamer, much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New release, 0.1.13

• Added B9PartSwitch color switching
  • Updated the NSS_MM_FSTextureSwitch2 to not load if B9 is loaded
  • Updated the stock texture switch patch for B9PartSwitch
  • Updated the RemoteTech patch (Thanks @Gordon-Dry)
  • Replaced two mbm files with dds (Thanks @zer0Kerbal)

There will probably be another update soon.  Right now, the stock color switching is superior to the others, yet it is not used if any of the other mods are installed.  

On 8/17/2019 at 4:24 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.13

• Added B9PartSwitch color switching
  • Updated the NSS_MM_FSTextureSwitch2 to not load if B9 is loaded
  • Updated the stock texture switch patch for B9PartSwitch
  • Updated the RemoteTech patch (Thanks @Gordon-Dry)
  • Replaced two mbm files with dds (Thanks @zer0Kerbal)

There will probably be another update soon.  Right now, the stock color switching is superior to the others, yet it is not used if any of the other mods are installed.  

I've recently installed the updated version to my career game.  It looks like fuel switching is broken.  I also did a clean install of NSS only to version 1.7.3 of KSP with both expansions.  The version of NSS in the .version file is 0.1.13.

35 minutes ago, SeaTac said:

I've recently installed the updated version to my career game.  It looks like fuel switching is broken.  I also did a clean install of NSS only to version 1.7.3 of KSP with both expansions.  The version of NSS in the .version file is 0.1.13.

Please, I need more than "it's broken".  At least give me a log file, and a complete description of what happens (along with what you are doing).

On 8/25/2019 at 10:31 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Please, I need more than "it's broken".  At least give me a log file, and a complete description of what happens (along with what you are doing).

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how else to explain it.  The fuel won't switch.  When you right click on an OctoSat part in the VAB there is no fuel switching option. 

Link to the ksp, avic, and mod manager logs here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1agoEcwWJBcorrEpuppjzAO1QAYr3VTeC?usp=sharing

3 minutes ago, SeaTac said:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how else to explain it.  The fuel won't switch.  When you right click on an OctoSat part in the VAB there is no fuel switching option. 

Link to the ksp, avic, and mod manager logs here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1agoEcwWJBcorrEpuppjzAO1QAYr3VTeC?usp=sharing

That's fine, it was the lack of anything else that was frustrating.

I'm traveling tomorrow, hope to look at this on Thursday

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's fine, it was the lack of anything else that was frustrating.

I'm traveling tomorrow, hope to look at this on Thursday

I understand and appreciate the work you do here.  I'll see if I can't get a picture or video in the folder as well. 

Seems there is a bit more than no fuel or switching.  I was not able to get probe control with the Octosat probe core either.  The video was a bit big so I uploaded to youtube instead.

https://youtu.be/RKhvdFXDdzM

Still uploading...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.