[1.9.x] NSS/OctoSat-SOAR Continued (Modular Satellites, Reusable launchers)

linuxgurugamer

Beta release,  0.1.13.2

• Added back B9PartSwitch switching for both textures and tanks contents
  • Updated all configs to match current stock setting

Please test both with and without B9PartSwitch.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/NSS/releases/tag/0.1.13.2

B9PartSwitch, if present, will be the  primary texture and tank content switcher

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 9/2/2019 at 7:22 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Beta release,  0.1.13.2

• Added back B9PartSwitch switching for both textures and tanks contents
  • Updated all configs to match current stock setting

Please test both with and without B9PartSwitch.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/NSS/releases/tag/0.1.13.2

B9PartSwitch, if present, will be the  primary texture and tank content switcher

I tried on my experimental install which only has OctoSat installed both with and without B9PartSwitch.  Everything seems to  work fine, but I'm not clear what the difference between the two should be.  Is there a visual difference in how it works with and without B9?

5 hours ago, SeaTac said:

I tried on my experimental install which only has OctoSat installed both with and without B9PartSwitch.  Everything seems to  work fine, but I'm not clear what the difference between the two should be.  Is there a visual difference in how it works with and without B9?

Do you have any of the other switchers installed?  Visually, it should be the same.  Internally, B9 is cleaner than the others (other than Stock)

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Do you have any of the other switchers installed?  Visually, it should be the same.  Internally, B9 is cleaner than the others (other than Stock)

I do have Interstellar Fuel Switch Core installed, as it is added by default by CKAN.  All the mods installed are B9 Part Switch, BahamutoD Animation Modules, Interstellar Fuel Switch Core, Module Manager, and OctoSat Continued.

It does seem to work fine I just wasn't sure if I should see a noticeable difference.

20 minutes ago, SeaTac said:

I do have Interstellar Fuel Switch Core installed, as it is added by default by CKAN.  All the mods installed are B9 Part Switch, BahamutoD Animation Modules, Interstellar Fuel Switch Core, Module Manager, and OctoSat Continued.

It does seem to work fine I just wasn't sure if I should see a noticeable difference.

The only difference would be in the way the textures and fuel types get switched

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there. 

I have a little problem with the textures on the Octosat. They are a deep black, with a little tint of the selected color. 
Ive tryed to disable, and enable reflections, and changed the reflection options, but to no avail. 

I got Textures unlimited installed, texture replacer, and running the game with forced DX11.

Tryed with opengl, and without textures unimited, and texture replacer, but they just stay a deep black.

Any sugestions?

9xtmCFw.png

On 10/7/2019 at 7:26 AM, Aremos said:

Hi there. 

I have a little problem with the textures on the Octosat. They are a deep black, with a little tint of the selected color. 
Ive tryed to disable, and enable reflections, and changed the reflection options, but to no avail. 

I got Textures unlimited installed, texture replacer, and running the game with forced DX11.

Tryed with opengl, and without textures unimited, and texture replacer, but they just stay a deep black.

Any sugestions?

Sure.  First, remove Textures Unlimited, Texture Replacer and run the game with DX9.

If it works, then I can't help you.  Could be something with the textures, but my guess is that one or more of of those three things is causing the issue.

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

@Aremos B9 installed?

And LGG is going to ask for the usual (logs etc):

Not in this case.  Just by experience, I can tell based on what he's mentioned that there most likely is an incompatibility.  And with the game about to be upgraded to DX11 in general, it's better to wait for that and see what happens.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Sure.  First, remove Textures Unlimited, Texture Replacer and run the game with DX9.

If it works, then I can't help you.  Could be something with the textures, but my guess is that one or more of of those three things is causing the issue.

Tryed but to no avail. I ended up deleting the CFG for TU from octosat. They are not shiny anymore, but i can at least see them :)

@HAHA^_^ You need to delete a config file for TU.

Got to your ksp install directory -> GameData -> NSS -> MM 

In the folder MM theres are some config files. Delete the one called "TextureUnlimited_NSS" 
(Remember to make a backup copy, in case it does not work)

That should do the trick. It wont be shiny, but you will be able to see it. 

If this dont work, then i dont know what els to do. 

4 hours ago, Aremos said:

@HAHA^_^ You need to delete a config file for TU.

Got to your ksp install directory -> GameData -> NSS -> MM 

In the folder MM theres are some config files. Delete the one called "TextureUnlimited_NSS" 
(Remember to make a backup copy, in case it does not work)

That should do the trick. It wont be shiny, but you will be able to see it. 

If this dont work, then i dont know what els to do. 

Thank you. I'll try it.

• 1 month later...

Has any one experienced weird graphics glitches with the Octosat continued (inst via Ckan). A few hours ago I had a strange menu text glitch occur in my 1.61 RO/RSS install. All of the menus in the flight/game windows were scrambled or missing letters or had large spaces. Totally unusable. Unfortunately it was fixed by removing Octosat which is up there with my fav mods. I enjoy doing small sats (call me weird lol). I am wondering if it is solely a Octosat prob or was something it was dependent on.

I wouldn't mind helping with this mod update if needed. I like/used it that much.

W

31 minutes ago, Wragie said:

Has any one experienced weird graphics glitches with the Octosat continued (inst via Ckan). A few hours ago I had a strange menu text glitch occur in my 1.61 RO/RSS install. All of the menus in the flight/game windows were scrambled or missing letters or had large spaces. Totally unusable. Unfortunately it was fixed by removing Octosat which is up there with my fav mods. I enjoy doing small sats (call me weird lol). I am wondering if it is solely a Octosat prob or was something it was dependent on.

I wouldn't mind helping with this mod update if needed. I like/used it that much.

W

Try deleting all the MM files it writes.  This mod only has parts, it cant do anything like that.  Something else is going on

Reinstalled and will see what happens, will let you know. And yup that is exactly why I thought was weird as other than the core mods for RSS have just used part mods.

## Nope upon re-install I get the same glitched out text in the pop ups. Removing Octo fixes it.

Edited by Wragie

I just checked the files again and there is a B9PartSwitch config for fuel tank and texture switching and the combined FireSpitter/IFS patch as well.

B9PartSwitch is not mentioned in the OP as a new dependency, only this info does:
https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/NSS/commit/7c078f21b612bf03a8565cf044e1ad4a80f2ba83

Some of the part configs already got a check for fuel switching

MODULE:NEEDS[!B9PartSwitch]
	{
		name:NEEDS[Firespitter,!InterstellarFuelSwitch] = FSfuelSwitch
		name:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = InterstellarFuelSwitch 

so I suggest that the first line in
GameData\NSS\TextureSwitch\NSS_MM_FSTextureSwitch2.cfg
needs to be changed to

@PART[OctoSat_*]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch|Firespitter,!B9PartSwitch]

Please test this and report back.

@Wragie I got none of your mentioned-above issues after my tiny change.
Before that change B9PartSwitch and either IFS or FS as well would have been applied to several parts - regarding texture switching.

Edited by Gordon Dry

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.