Where To Report Bootleg KSP Versions?

Gianni1122

Is it seriously in the app-store? I need to look...

EDIT: It is very real...

... and there's two of them...

That's really rather funny, to be honest. I do wonder what the game actually looks like.

Anyway, Fake stuff is fake.

EDIT 2:

May I get permissions to post a link to one of the (potentially) two bootlegs?

Something ain't official until it's been bootlegged...

Edited by Astrofox
Wow. It actually exists.

3 minutes ago, Awaras said:

Is posting links to this kind of stuff frowned upon? Should I remove it?

$1.99, on a platform it was not released for (iOS), making claims that we all know are NOT in the game. Nobody on the forum will fall for that scam. I don't think the link will do much harm. But I am not a mod/dev, they might see it differently.

It's funny how the pictures show different versions of KSP on almost every shot too. The last image seems to be from the 0.17-0.18 era, but it may just be my eyes. Also, different screen resolutions between the VAB and SPH images.

Edited by Pine

3 minutes ago, Awaras said:

Is posting links to this kind of stuff frowned upon? Should I remove it?

I see you removed the link already. Anyway, thank you for bringing this up, even though there was already another thread on this topic, it seems there are more than one rip-off currently available, this one might have been a different one than the one reported yesterday.

Threads on the same subject have been merged

Update: I've sent a PM to @UomoCapra regarding the bootleg in question.

Credit for the discovery should go to "Taeles" on Steam. I would post links to the original Steam convo I had with Taeles as well as a link to the ripoff, however, I'm uncertain how Squad would prefer to handle the situation and will therefor refrain from doing so.

What's really funny is that the app description (App Store) is ripped from ANOTHER space game entirely as it mentions very detailed specifics as to SLS, Apollo/Saturn V hardware (specifically mentioning a properly remade AGC), a Saturn planet (which if it's based off of KSP, we all know is bogus), original audio from Apollo missions, and a hairball of other details. I'm pretty sure that description is actually ripped from another app but I can't seem to find it.

Also, fake apps like these have one amazing aspect. They tend to hire or have other people buy the game and create random reviews to bloat up the rating, and sometimes they people making the ratings don't know English or just randomly create them :P like this one-

This is a REAL review for the app:

TiRcVCU.jpg

Edited by ZooNamedGames

7 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

What's really funny is that the app description (App Store) is ripped from ANOTHER space game entirely as it mentions very detailed specifics as to SLS, Apollo/Saturn V hardware (specifically mentioning a properly remade AGC), a Saturn planet (which if it's based off of KSP, we all know is bogus), original audio from Apollo missions, and a hairball of other details. I'm pretty sure that description is actually ripped from another app but I can't seem to find it.

Also, fake apps like these have one amazing aspect. They tend to hire or have other people buy the game and create random reviews to bloat up the rating, and sometimes they people making the ratings don't know English or just randomly create them :P like this one-

This is a REAL review for the app:

TiRcVCU.jpg

That broken English though...

Reminds me of "Spherespeak," except somehow a little bit better...

Also, @Badie, the names you want to be after are Mizga Paulina and Paul Johnson. Now these may be false alias' (the second one sounds almost like a "John Smith"). Hopefully this'll be another win for content owners since Scott Cawthon, the owner of Five Night's At Freddy's had an issue much the same as Squad is having now with KSP. With the app as a purchase and the game just being a replica of another game Scott made "There is no pause button" but with a Freddy head on the game's character. Thankfully he won the court case and the app was removed. Let's hope Squad does too. 

Wishing Squad all the best! I doubt it within a 95% degree of certainty that you won't need the community's help but if you do, I'm certain most of us (myself included) would love to help bring this down!

ylFWsFt.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.