[1.3.x] NovaPunch Continued: WIP / Alpha v0.1.4.4 (Apr 1, 2018)) Now on CKAN.

Padrone

• 2 months later...

The geometry of the M50 engine is not compatible and reduces the framerate to a slideshow... I was also using a 2.5:1.25 adapter plate, which could also be the culprit. =\ 

Quite a few of the parts in this pack should be marked legacy and removed, the 1.25m launch escape tower for 3-man pods is a noteworthy example. 

8 hours ago, AlonzoTG said:

The geometry of the M50 engine is not compatible and reduces the framerate to a slideshow... I was also using a 2.5:1.25 adapter plate, which could also be the culprit. =\ 

Quite a few of the parts in this pack should be marked legacy and removed, the 1.25m launch escape tower for 3-man pods is a noteworthy example. 

Wow!  It sure does sink the framerate!  Thank you for bringing that up, I'll remove it until I can figure out how to fix that issue.

I'll make a pass at the parts in the future with an eye towards removing redundant parts.

thanks, I'm a notorious fiend for my excessively huge modpack and how I spend 2/3rds of my time editing mods to be compatible with each other. =P 

Note: the modpack includes a fleet of example craft and any change to the pack should be careful not to break any such craft, I've been doing this with my copy here, just mentioning. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. 

**2018 Feb 09 - 0.1.4.3 GAME BREAKING UPDATE, Please read.**

Temporarily removing the M50 engine, due to extreme stuttering.  

Deprecating the 1.25, 2.5 and 3.75 fairings as previously mentioned.

A tip of the hat to @AlonzoTG for letting me know about the M50 issue.

By the way, it's perfectly clear what's wrong with that engine, the collision mesh which is used for physics calculations was probably directly derived from the visual appearance. This makes it too complex and, more importantly concave, as it follows the inner contour of the bell, which is not kosher with Unity 5.1, just simplify the collision mesh and make sure it has no concavities, and it should work fine. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/27/2018 at 10:25 AM, AlonzoTG said:

Hey, check the lf/ox ratio on the k1 heavy 2nd stage tank. =\ (long time issue), also update all 5m parts to use the #4 size node (legacy issue), this edit has no effect on saves. 

Yeah, that's a definite error on the 2nd stage K1.  Thanks for the heads up!

2018 Apr 1 - Version 0.1.4.4 Released

Corrected an issue with the K1 second stage having the wrong proportions of Fuel and Oxidizer.  You'll see a small Dv increase when using this tank.

Thanks again to @AlonzoTG for spotting that.

NOTE:  If you try to use this version in 1.4.x you'll see some REALLY bright exhaust plumes on some engines.  I stopped testing when I saw that, so I can't say it'll work or not, but, (say it with me)  this is a parts pack.  :sticktongue: I'm going to work on fixing that this week.

Edited by Padrone
Minor correction

Yeah, something changed with the particle system/exhaust animations this edition, I am continuing to fly the engines and they work fine, though the graphics are broken. It's really weird. In particular the RCS thrusters seem to be 180deg flipped from the previous release which is really weird. I thought they were committed, at this point, not to break things like that until at least version 2.0 of the game... 

On 4/4/2018 at 7:23 AM, Rassa Farlander said:

I forgot all about this mod! Thanks! Good to see someone keeping it going.

This was always my go to mod back in the day, I recently came back to KSP and rediscovered this mod.  Mods are way to addicting in KSP, you try and keep a bare minimum, then end up with a ton of them installed.

10 hours ago, ssss222 said:

but M50 engine is deleted 

<<snipped>>

@ssss222I haven't gotten to where I'm good at Blender yet.  So rather than have folks think ill of the mod because that engine  drags the frame rate to unacceptable levels, I decided to  remove the engine for now.  It will return.

Edited by Padrone

Whelp, can't find (on an admittedly quick search) how to do a poll in an existing post. 

So, I'll go ahead and click the button on Spacedock for CKANBut, like many others, I'm not going to support it.  If there's an issue, you'll have to address it with the CKAN folks first.  If they say somehow I've done something wrong with how I clicked the checkbox, I'll look into it.

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea what causes the hilariously bright/huge plumes for some of the engines?

I'd also like to add (since apparently you're the new maintainer), the slender blue engines (dont remember their names right now, its the 1.25m and 3.75m ones) have broken gimballing; the thrust line doesnt move when the engine bell(s) does.

• 4 months later...

The M50 if you remove 

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleGimbal
	gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform
	gimbalRange = 2
	//useGimbalResponseSpeed = true
	//gimbalResponseSpeed = 5
}

takes out a lot of the lag it had there is something still wrong just haven't nailed it down yet

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 1:06 PM, Padrone said:

Whelp, can't find (on an admittedly quick search) how to do a poll in an existing post. 

So, I'll go ahead and click the button on Spacedock for CKANBut, like many others, I'm not going to support it.  If there's an issue, you'll have to address it with the CKAN folks first.  If they say somehow I've done something wrong with how I clicked the checkbox, I'll look into it.

If you want some help with CKAN, let me know.  Spacedock makes a simple config, sometimes it needs to be tweaked.

If you are still having problems with the RCS in 1.4, there is an easy fix which I used in KWRocketry, let me know if you need any help.

Also, I have a spreadsheet which calculates the correct amount of fuel for the tanks.  

On 4/8/2018 at 4:23 AM, Virtualgenius said:

@ssss222 why cant you install manually its often quicker and easier if you do 

I can download and install a mod inCKAN in seconds with a single click.  And for all of my mods and most others, they install correctly.  Doing it by hand is always longer.

On 9/12/2018 at 9:44 PM, Mecripp said:

The M50 if you remove 

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleGimbal
	gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform
	gimbalRange = 2
	//useGimbalResponseSpeed = true
	//gimbalResponseSpeed = 5
}

takes out a lot of the lag it had there is something still wrong just haven't nailed it down yet

The problem was identified back in February in this post: 

Hmmm.  I see that @Padrone hasn’t been around since April 30.

Sad.  This was the first parts pack I installed.  

Maybe, just maybe, I’ll think about adopting it

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I've started work on updating this mod for 1.4.

The M-50 engine will continue to not be available until someone is able to fix the collision mesh.

Part of my TODO list:

• Fix the RCS thrusters
  • Calculate the correct volumes for the tanks and adjust accordingly
  • Add tags to all parts for better search capability

Anybody who wishes to contribute, I could use help with the tags

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.