[1.2-1.6] Draggable Altimeter v1.0.1 (2016-12-03)

Error_Sophius

I read glibbo as meaning "it works as-is", in which case probably all I need to do is tell Spacedock that it's fine for 1.3.

I don't have 1.3 installed to test that myself yet and wasn't planning to install it just yet -- ironically, because I'm waiting on mod support. If glibbo and at least one other person can confirm it works as-is, I'll do the update. Same for the navball one. Otherwise, I'll spend some time this weekend figuring out how to run a separate KSP installation for testing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

With this mod, is it possible to drag the altimeter to the bottom of the screen, so that it's alongside the navball? I tried, and can only drag it along the top edge of the screen.

I'd like to cluster all my primary instruments together like in an airplane, in order to minimise my eye movements while scanning my instruments.

Not at the moment. In my first experiments with navball/altimeter dragging, I let them drag anywhere, but that caused issues. As an example, the rolldown-on-hover features did not play nice when placing them off their usual edges. The navball and altimeter UIs were designed with the top and bottom edges in mind; it was easier to snap them to their original edges than to modify their UIs. So that's what I did.

(Technically, it's not really snapping to the top edge. The bit that responds to dragging just ignores the drag's Y offset.)

It wouldn't be hard to make the snapping behavior toggleable, and I can do that if you really want it, but I don't think it will have quite the effect you intend.

• 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, Error_Sophius said:

Just to verify: You mean the current compile works fine, right? (and what about Draggable Navball?)

If they need rebuilding, I can do that. Otherwise I might as well update the Spacedock metadata before I forget.

I’d recommend a recompile even if it works.  I am aware of at least one dll which worked the first time, and then started having problems

• 6 months later...

For those who might be updating to KSP 1.8.1 or even KSP 1.9 and wanting this mod, I just thought I'd note that the Spacedock Changelog for this mod has updated versions.

Version v1.0.1 on Spacedock for KSP 1.8.1

It does say that users of KSP greater than 1.8 (i.e. 1.9) should still use the v1.0.1 version.

Good luck!

Edited by scottadges

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've released a v1.1.0 of DraggableAltimeter that *should* permanently fix the thing where CKAN thinks it's incompatible with current KSP versions.

There's been some discussion of merging it with DraggableNavball in the latter's thread, although I'm guessing that anyone likely to see this post is already aware.

57 minutes ago, Error_Sophius said:

I've released a v1.1.0 of DraggableAltimeter that *should* permanently fix the thing where CKAN thinks it's incompatible with current KSP versions.

BTW, I took a look at the issue you had with putting a "+" in the version name in a previous release. Apparently SpaceDock filters user-entered version numbers through werkzeug.utils.secure_filename before committing them to the database, so the "+" was removed because it's not considered a safe filename character. It probably makes sense to remove that (carefully), if I can get the code review wheels turning again...

>>> secure_filename('abcdefg+hijklmnop_qrstuv-wx/yz')
'abcdefghijklmnop_qrstuv-wx_yz'

EDIT: Got the ball rolling here:

https://github.com/KSP-SpaceDock/SpaceDock/pull/455

Edited by HebaruSan

• 1 month later...

For those following this thread, Draggable Controls has been released, and supercedes both Draggable Navball and Draggable Altimeter.  There's no pressing need to migrate if Navball/Altimeter suit your needs, but they will not receive further updates.

Also, @HebaruSan,  I didn't see your post until just now; thank you for reporting the versioning issue upstream (and that is a fantastic bug report, I wish all bug reports I got were that well-described). Shame that it doesn't seem to have gone anywhere, but it looks like spacedock's codebase may not be under development anymore. No non-bot commits to master in over a year. :-(

8 minutes ago, Error_Sophius said:

Also, @HebaruSan,  I didn't see your post until just now; thank you for reporting the versioning issue upstream (and that is a fantastic bug report, I wish all bug reports I got were that well-described).

It's actually a pull request, with the code fixes attached. But thanks!

8 minutes ago, Error_Sophius said:

Shame that it doesn't seem to have gone anywhere, but it looks like spacedock's codebase may not be under development anymore. No non-bot commits to master in over a year. :-(

It kind of still is; it's complicated. We have a semi-formal policy of mandatory code review, and everybody else is too busy to review changes at the moment. I'm edging closer to the point of just merging stuff and seeing how it goes.;p

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.