Error_Sophius

[1.2-1.6] Draggable Altimeter v1.0.1 (2016-12-03)

10 hours ago, glibbo said:

V1.0.1 seems to be working ok in !.3

Sounds like a rebuild/recompile (and .version update) is all that is needed for 1.3 official compatibility.

I read glibbo as meaning "it works as-is", in which case probably all I need to do is tell Spacedock that it's fine for 1.3.

I don't have 1.3 installed to test that myself yet and wasn't planning to install it just yet -- ironically, because I'm waiting on mod support. If glibbo and at least one other person can confirm it works as-is, I'll do the update. Same for the navball one. Otherwise, I'll spend some time this weekend figuring out how to run a separate KSP installation for testing.

Hi, yes it's working as is V1.0.1, same for navball,  thanks.

Edited by glibbo
changes

Finally got around to testing this myself. Seems to work fine in 1.3. Spacedock's been updated and ckan should see the change soon.

With this mod, is it possible to drag the altimeter to the bottom of the screen, so that it's alongside the navball? I tried, and can only drag it along the top edge of the screen.

I'd like to cluster all my primary instruments together like in an airplane, in order to minimise my eye movements while scanning my instruments.

Not at the moment. In my first experiments with navball/altimeter dragging, I let them drag anywhere, but that caused issues. As an example, the rolldown-on-hover features did not play nice when placing them off their usual edges. The navball and altimeter UIs were designed with the top and bottom edges in mind; it was easier to snap them to their original edges than to modify their UIs. So that's what I did.

(Technically, it's not really snapping to the top edge. The bit that responds to dragging just ignores the drag's Y offset.)

It wouldn't be hard to make the snapping behavior toggleable, and I can do that if you really want it, but I don't think it will have quite the effect you intend.

On 10/25/2019 at 5:23 PM, Michel Bartolone said:

Any idea if this is going to get recompiled for 1.8? (or if it still works in 1.8?)

It seems to work fine.

2 hours ago, Ogur said:

It seems to work fine.

Just to verify: You mean the current compile works fine, right? (and what about Draggable Navball?)

If they need rebuilding, I can do that. Otherwise I might as well update the Spacedock metadata before I forget.

17 minutes ago, Error_Sophius said:

Just to verify: You mean the current compile works fine, right? (and what about Draggable Navball?)

If they need rebuilding, I can do that. Otherwise I might as well update the Spacedock metadata before I forget.

I’d recommend a recompile even if it works.  I am aware of at least one dll which worked the first time, and then started having problems

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.