The Jool Sarnus-10 Challenge

38 minutes ago, Sirius628 said:

I know there is a 1.2.1 update. I have it. I was talking about an error in the .version file. But it will work fine if you edit the file. Heck, it will even work on 1.2.2!

My version doesn't appear to have that error. I'm running the windows version, it's possible the issue might be unique to non-windows versions of the mod (if they exist, I wouldn't know). Alternatively, are you sure you have the 1.2.1 update and didn't download the wrong one by mistake?

EDIT: I just checked the version file and it does in fact have that error. For some reason the game hasn't been registering the error though.

Edited by eloquentJane

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2017 at 10:59 PM, Ultimate Steve said:

The rules don't say that it has to be manned (he later said that Jeb piloting it was a joke) but the rules don't say that it can be unmanned.

I would ask @Monkey Taylor about this.

No, the ship cannot be a probe and has to be manned, this is to make it more of a challenge, try not to kill the kerbals.

• 3 weeks later...

The rules don't clarify so I want to be clear on one thing..

Can I have the ship split up so that the Jool stuff can capture at Jool and the Sarnus fuel reserve can detach, flyby Jool, and capture at Sarnus to await the Jool ship to finish up and then come to Sarnus and meet it there?

On 3/4/2017 at 2:13 AM, JacobJHC said:

The rules don't clarify so I want to be clear on one thing..

Can I have the ship split up so that the Jool stuff can capture at Jool and the Sarnus fuel reserve can detach, flyby Jool, and capture at Sarnus to await the Jool ship to finish up and then come to Sarnus and meet it there?

Yes, that is fine

15 minutes ago, battlekruiser said:

How about other informative mods, like KAC and/or transfer window planner? BetterTimeWarp isn't cheaty either. And what about Kerbal Joint Reinforcement?

For my attempt I used KAC and KER. I would agree with BTW. These should be okay.

But KJR does modify the actual spacecraft somewhat, so I'd clear it with @Monkey Taylor first.

On 27/11/2016 at 9:51 PM, Nefrums said:

I like the cost restriction, It is what makes this challenge different. 

There does not have to be rules for everything, let people use what the want to.

I flew this challenge in a stock ship, and I followed all reules from the challenge that was the inspiration for this one, as I think those rules are good and make for an interesting (design) challenge with out adding needles complexities that I don't like, like flying without precise node, building without KER etc.

my ship ship cost 100k:funds: and I had way to much fuel,  I ditched the entire last stage of my mothership with its 5k dV before reentry at Kerbin.

I used a lifter design that I developed for the The Cheap and Cheerful Rocket Payload Challenge  based on kickbacks, twinboar and poddle. It can get stuff to orbit for about 600:funds:/t

Album: http://imgur.com/a/Jvocc

I LOVE the landers..... That is a great concept.... *nicked

And... the mission is underway! I'm going to keep using Ven's Stock Revamp-all the parts used in the mission are stock parts, Ven's retextures notwithstanding, so I don't see it being a problem regardless of the rules regarding parts mods.

Mission thread is here:

21 minutes ago, battlekruiser said:

Hey! What if I launch a module with a spaceplane, land it then send an ISRU rover to refuel it? 

The rules specify using one ship, so unless you launched the ISRU rover at the same time as the spaceplane I don't think it would count.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:24 PM, Ultimate Steve said:

For my attempt I used KAC and KER. I would agree with BTW. These should be okay.

But KJR does modify the actual spacecraft somewhat, so I'd clear it with @Monkey Taylor first.

KJR is fine. Because big ships have a tendency to snap in the middle.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.