The W.A.T.F. (STOCK)

The mighty W.A.T.F. (Meaning unknown, open to suggestions) is the largest shuttle I've ever built. It currently has a cargo capacity of 0 tons, because I designed it without cargo bays. (Will be added some time in the future) It has a grand total of 22 vector engines, but it still has a low thrust to weight ratio. (Due to a slight miscalculation of me using the vacuum thrust instead of the ASL.) 

b92fb741647e4cb9aff6a3af6122c0a6.png

affc48e847b74adfb3f1db6d66c1f555.png
It is capable to making it to orbit and landing, but re entry is very shaky. I have never landed it on the runway (because I'm terrible at runway landings), however, landed in water up to 60 meters a second with only minor damage.

Will post craft file and cargo version soon.

-EDIT #1-

The cargo version flies very well on its own.

8f8dc1d9dd784208bd6ccec142e919d4.png

Craft files:

- Cargo bay: http://www.mediafire.com/file/s5fp45adia5jejg/watf+with+cargo+bays.craft

- Without Cargo Bay http://www.mediafire.com/file/cnezo5rtoln5hl9/watf.craft

Edited by __Ultimatum

9 hours ago, Red Dwarf said:

Hmm... I wonder if there's a way to make the launch stack more efficient. Ya got a lot of engines on the bottom there. You could probably switch those out for mainsails and SRBs. Might be cheaper/more efficient.

Nah, the thing is so large SRBs will only make a small difference and decoupling them would also be a pain. This thing isn't really about efficency anyways. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.