[KSP 1.3.1] Simple Logistics (2.0.2) - Who needs pipes? 2017-10-17

RealGecko

• 3 weeks later...

Another question: is it possible for an ISRU to produce, lets say LH2, without any LOCAL LH2 storage, but LH2 storage available within the logistic system? It could be a stock limitation, but adding a tiny LH2 storage while producing should be an easy module change :-)

On 5/8/2017 at 10:03 AM, Blackline said:

Another question: is it possible for an ISRU to produce, lets say LH2, without any LOCAL LH2 storage, but LH2 storage available within the logistic system? It could be a stock limitation, but adding a tiny LH2 storage while producing should be an easy module change :-)

Sadly the miner will only mine until its local LH2 storage is full and as everything fills equally a local LH2 storage would be filled long before any sort of Massive storage tank.  The work around that I used was to have just a mining installation for gathering ore and then placed the ISRU on the main storage tank.  That works quite well.  Assuming of course nothing has changed since I last played KSP a few months ago.

Edited by captinjoehenry

Thanks, I had to ship a LH2 tank and attach it via KAS to get it running...

But how does the distribution work, because, as you said, the tiny tank (400 LH2) got filled up way before the big tank (over nine thousand!) was nearly at half. If I replug a vessel to the system, some resources are reshuffled tho...

Edited by Blackline

• 3 weeks later...

Hey people! I'll update the mod as soon as I have some time, cause it not only needs to be updated for 1.3.0, but also requires some improvements.

Some notes:

Version for KSP 1.2.2 may work in 1.3.0, someone who's brave enough may try it out and report to others if it works :D

No background processing will be done with this mod, so I recommend using HUUUUGE ore tanks for your drilling rigs. All this background drilling in stock KSP is a complete mystery, so I don't want to mess with it.

The idea of the mod is to reduce parts count, so you don't need to add parts to your vessels and connect 'em with pipes. KAS is great, but connecting ships with pipes may lead to various troubles caused by KSP miraclous physics engine.

Edited by RealGecko

Hello @RealGecko

I have Simple Logistic installed in my steam version (which was updated to 1.3), the mod does not work as far as I can tell. However, it does not prevent the game from loading either.

That's why I didn’t bother to remove it from the installation.

I personally won't update my career for 1.5 - 2 months, as I predict at least one minor KSP release, that'll break mods compatibility. KSP 1.3 does not contain a lot of tasty innovations as 1.2 did, so no reason for update :D

15 hours ago, slubman said:

Hello @RealGecko

I have Simple Logistic installed in my steam version (which was updated to 1.3), the mod does not work as far as I can tell. However, it does not prevent the game from loading either.

That's why I didn’t bother to remove it from the installation.

Can I correct my statement?

I didn't have Simple Logistics installed in my steam install (too many installations to keep track of). Installing the 1.2.2 version in it does prevent the game to load.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2017 at 7:02 AM, RealGecko said:

I personally won't update my career for 1.5 - 2 months, as I predict at least one minor KSP release, that'll break mods compatibility. KSP 1.3 does not contain a lot of tasty innovations as 1.2 did, so no reason for update :D

No update for 1.3? How can i mine? :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/20/2016 at 11:05 PM, RealGecko said:

That means that resource will be drained from bigger ones first, while preserving resources in smaller ones.

Any chance this could be set to respect the stock priority levels of tanks instead? That way, I could land a small drilling station with a small ore container, a small converter with a large ore container and a small fuel container, and then a large fuel container.

When I hook them ships set up like above as it is, everyhing stops because the ore stays in the driller until it's full and stops drilling, and if I manually move it the fuel stays in the converter until it's full and stops converting.

If it checked tank priority levels, I could modify how the resources flow after landing and with more options and control.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 7:57 AM, 5thHorseman said:

Any chance this could be set to respect the stock priority levels of tanks instead? That way, I could land a small drilling station with a small ore container, a small converter with a large ore container and a small fuel container, and then a large fuel container.

When I hook them ships set up like above as it is, everyhing stops because the ore stays in the driller until it's full and stops drilling, and if I manually move it the fuel stays in the converter until it's full and stops converting.

If it checked tank priority levels, I could modify how the resources flow after landing and with more options and control.

Current distribution algorithm needs a complete rewrite, cause improving existing one will lead to either glitches or performance drops. Anyone with logistics skills is free to step in:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/7/2018 at 11:47 PM, Usgiyi said:

I recompiled for 1.4.5 and as far as I can tell it still works perfectly fine without any changes to the code.

Just download the last version of this mod from spacedock & replace the .dll in the mod folder with the one from my link.

Simple Logistics Recompile for 1.4.5

Thanks, I reinstalled KSP after a long pause, and it was always something that bothered me in my previous saves:
- either finding a way to dock the subparts
- either connecting everything with KAS winches
This mod is a good trade-off to solve associated part issues.

• 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.