[KSP 1.3.1] Simple Logistics (2.0.2) - Who needs pipes? 2017-10-17

RealGecko

1 hour ago, Elkram said:

It could be cool if it had some kind of connection with dangit! continued so the logistics module could get broken and needed a repair.

I think you'd better address this one to @linuxgurugamer :wink:

11 minutes ago, sebi.zzr said:

The batteries in stack,get filed with only so much EC that the command module with generator has it.

Man, that's really odd, you don't have that button, and you have trouble with resources. Can you PM me your save file?

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

1. is it on CKAN? (I wont judge if its not :))

2. would it be possible to find a .cfg file and make it run in the background, to allow a mining base to work constantly?

1. There's only one way to find out.

2. Running in background requires programming, and would be really CPU heavy cause working with loaded vessels is one thing, and working with offloaded ProtoVessels is a pain in some interesting place. Background processing is not stock feature, some modders implement it, but it's always a source of trouble.

17 hours ago, RealGecko said:

2. Running in background requires programming, and would be really CPU heavy cause working with loaded vessels is one thing, and working with offloaded ProtoVessels is a pain in some interesting place. Background processing is not stock feature, some modders implement it, but it's always a source of trouble.

I am new to mining ,but if I use an all stock mining base, will it mine in background? or is it only when in physics range? (I am setting up a  stock/modded base, but none of the mods change mining)

Ok I really like this mod but if my resource storage is not on the same ship as my ISRU once the storage on the ISRU ship is full it stops producing resources even though the storage tank on the other ship in the network is almost bone dry (it has the same amount on board as the ISRU ship can store so they are balanced but the storage tank is just so much bigger.)

A good fix would be to make it fill things to an equal % instead because as it stands once a facility maxes out its own storage it stops producing so you need the production facility to have the biggest storage  and everything else has to have smaller tanks in order for you to have a central stockpile which is rather bothersome for refueling large space crafts.

Edited by captinjoehenry

6 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I am new to mining ,but if I use an all stock mining base, will it mine in background? or is it only when in physics range? (I am setting up a  stock/modded base, but none of the mods change mining)

Yep, mining is processed in background, but only mining.

2 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

A good fix would be to make it fill things to an equal % instead because as it stands once a facility maxes out its own storage it stops producing so you need the production facility to have the biggest storage  and everything else has to have smaller tanks in order for you to have a central stockpile which is rather bothersome for refueling large space crafts.

Yep, it's a design flaw of current resource distribution system, it spreads resources evenly across all storages. It'll be fixed later, for now my advice is to have bigger storage on production ship. For example if you put 4K battery on your power production ship every 4K or less battery in network will be filled to max.

4 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

Yep, mining is processed in background, but only mining.

Yep, it's a design flaw of current resource distribution system, it spreads resources evenly across all storages. It'll be fixed later, for now my advice is to have bigger storage on production ship. For example if you put 4K battery on your power production ship every 4K or less battery in network will be filled to max.

Any idea on when that'll get fixxed?  It is sort of a major issue but I can work around it.

• 3 months later...

Lol after browsing for mods and stumbling over your threads I get the feeling that you're some kind of insane genius. This mod looks great, just what I love - maximum effect, minimal parts and stuff.

The fact that it's not doing anything in background means that a drill wont work when I leave the scene and the tank/power etc. is on another ship?

Anyways great mod and I love the ships lining up to be refueled :)

23 minutes ago, maculator said:

The fact that it's not doing anything in background means that a drill wont work when I leave the scene and the tank/power etc. is on another ship?

The thing is the mining (stock feature) will work in background. Everyone knows that. Folks are getting tied up with the part where logistics does not work in background.

This is beautiful and I fully intend to avoid KAS piping and add this to my base designs with USI LS + Simple Construction + Mark Thrimm's Planetary Domes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.