Rover on Duna will not drive to the north

I landed a rover on Duna. It will not drive to the north. If I try to turn to the north, it will not stay on course, and steers away. The closer to "north" I get, the slower it goes, and it simply won't drive to the north.

The only mods I have installed are KER, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, a light pack (which is not used on this rover) and the expanded parts mod that Kerbal supplies, although no non-standard parts are on the rover, other than the KER module.

I can supply a save if you like. It should work without the other mods, but you probably need KER due to the module.

ETA: OK, I've got to modify this. It will drive to the north. The problem was I was on a gentle incline that faced north. The real problem seems to be that it won't accelerate up even small inclines. It uses the smallest rover wheels, and it just won't go up a hill that seems to be less than a 5 degree incline. Once you get to more level ground, it works fine.

Edited by RocketBlam

5 hours ago, RocketBlam said:

that seems to be less than a 5 degree incline

Since you have KER, check out the Slope readout in the Surface panel, it should tell you exactly what the slope is (and the heading of the downhill direction)...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.