Submarine update?

Kerbal Space Program. Hint is in the title. People (count me in) are going to riot if Squad focus 1.3 on underwater stuff while we're still missing a lot of things related to proper spaceflight (don't even get me started on planes).

What @Gaarst said. Many people (me included) would not be very happy if Squad decided to completely ignore spaceflight, to say the least.

That being said, I wouldn't mind having submarine part in the future (and definitely underwater science parts) but Squad should focus on that after improving spaceflight. :) 

Guys water and submarine is part of space program, since exploring other planets also means explore oceans on other planets. If you doesn't like idea of exploring underwater biomes in KSP then you should vote for remove water from all planets and moons.

1 hour ago, Adelaar said:

There is only one reason why I'd see such a development fit: When Squad decides that the current planets and moons are not interesting enough and do a water moon or a Europa-style moon.

Technically Laythe is a water moon  even if there is dry land.

With Europa, well, there is a problem with how terrain is made. You can't go below anything you can stand on. That's why there are no caves or underground lakes.

48 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Guys water and submarine is part of space program, since exploring other planets also means explore oceans on other planets. If you doesn't like idea of exploring underwater biomes in KSP then you should vote for remove water from all planets and moons.

I don't, because there is nothing to explore. But I won't vote for such silly thing for obvious reasons that you may not be aware of. 

Then again - which submarine parts? Nobody stated it except for "engines and science".

I'd be more amenable to this if we didn't just spend the past 2 years having so much attention turned to planes instead of rockets, only to have the long-awaited rocket parts revamp get dropped in the middle of development.

I'm cool with making underwater possible and even logical/realistic/whatever in stock. I will not get behind a single added asset dedicated to underwater until the apparently abandoned part upgrade system is fully implemented for rocket parts.

Yes. Back to the ro..ckets. There hasn't been much attention to rockets since ... aeh ... lemmy think ... many releases. I find there is already far too much "airplane" stuff in the game, and the aerodynamics "model" doesn't really feel like aerodynamics.

My wish is rockets. And stuff to explore, planets, asteroids, moons, moonlets, comets, terrain, features, ... maybe even an overhaul of the science-system because it's too easy and too fast to be an interesting game concept, but that's cosmetics.

I'm not going to riot 'cause that's not my style and it is only a game.

Before all we want to go in the opposite direction, to space. Or don't we ? :-)

Why? People don't like plane parts already and you want even more components that the majority wouldn't even touch.

Yes for an electric propeller though. These would be useful for both: planes and subs (and even rockets if you want to make Adeline).

Edited by Veeltch

1 hour ago, monstah said:

...since Lemmy was alive, yeah :( 

*pausing for one minute's silence*

Honestly, for me it's the rocket parts mods and mods like OPM that keep me playing KSP ...

Edited by Green Baron

1 hour ago, Veeltch said:

Why? People don't like plane parts already and you want even more components that the majority wouldn't even touch.

Yes for an electric propeller though. These would be useful for both: planes and subs (and even rockets if you want to make Adeline).

I like plane parts and I would want to like rocket parts as much as I like plane parts. Parts for underwater exploration would also be fine addition, of course after new rocket parts.

I've made few suggestions about electric propellers...

On 11/21/2016 at 7:10 PM, HoloYolo said:

Maybe underwater science parts, but not underwater travel parts. There isn't really much to see underwater anyways.

There is just about as much under the water to explore as there is above the water....

And it is useful If you ever had a mining rig on laythe you may find 99.999 percent of your minable surface is under the water. It would be insanely useful for these to submerge and mine. then with mods you could setup underwater mining rigs hooked to bases on the shore. Literally the resoruces are under the water right off the shore in mineable amounts but the moment you hit land it's below mineable amounts...

Edited by Arugela

Just now, Arugela said:

There is just about as much under the water to explore as there is above the water....

And it is useful If you ever had a mining rig on laythe you may find 99.999 percent of your minable surface is under the water. It would be insanely useful for these to submerge and mine. then with mods you could setup underwater mining rigs hooked to bases on the shore.

Good point.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.