[Question] Making RCS?

3 hours ago, wasml said:

I believe so - made a "integrated" control section back in 1.0.5 - had 16 transforms pointing in 6 directions - all named the same. The Unity setup looked sort of odd - but it worked.

Excellent! Thank you! Now I can rig my tail rotor correctly. :)

@SpannerMonkey(smce) You got me curious - I went back and installed 1.0.5 and double checked - all 16 transforms do work on the old part reduction piece (a 2.5m cylinder with RCS transforms setup to be like four RCS blocks). Of course this is under KSP 1.0.5 using the old ModuleRCS. I'll have to modify it and see if it still works in 1.2.1 with ModuleRCSFX.

7 hours ago, wasml said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) You got me curious - I went back and installed 1.0.5 and double checked - all 16 transforms do work on the old part reduction piece (a 2.5m cylinder with RCS transforms setup to be like four RCS blocks). Of course this is under KSP 1.0.5 using the old ModuleRCS. I'll have to modify it and see if it still works in 1.2.1 with ModuleRCSFX.

I have recently created a part for 1.2 which has 30 RCS transforms on it. they all work as intended in game. However this part does not have the option to disable/enable modes in the editor or in flight (pitch/yaw/roll/translate, those do not have toggles) but I can enable/disable RCS as per usual. I suspect this is directly as a result of having more than 6, transforms on a single part.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.