Cassini's last year at Saturn

StupidAndy

Okay so It's almost 15 September, The Day where Cassini Mission has come to an end. So Before That Happened, Why not Create a Tribute For him.

Any Tribute that Like Cassini Mission on Jool are Acceptable, But If you create the real Space craft itself with outer planet mod IT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

QUICK NOTE: My Tribute to Cassini is still in Progress so Post your 1st then i post mine

In case you haven't see it, yet: this video was produced by JPL to commemorate the final days of Cassini. While some artistic license was used, I think it turned out great. It's definitely an emotional experience for me.

If you're interested in detailed information about the Cassini mission. Here three public talks / lectures featuring Dr. Linda Spilker.

Cassini: Epic Journey at Saturn (live public talk)

Preview Cassini's Grand Finale

Going out in a Blaze of Glory: Cassini Science Highlights and Grand Finale (public talk)

According to my back of the envelope calculations it will hit the atmosphere at about 35km/s so that is very ... very unlikely. It will be almost completely  vaporized the first two minutes or so. The toughest parts are the casings for the thermoelectric elements and even those will be gone quickly.

Edited by Three_Pounds

2 hours ago, voicey99 said:

BBC News, maybe World Service as well, will be livestreaming it.

Oh wow, never knew BBC have such things with NASA.

In any case, farewell... whether it's premature, bang-on, or later than expected...

2 hours ago, Atubara said:

Who else cried for over an hour after watching the 'Grand Finale' video?

I loved Cassini. I was fine until I saw that video. Stuff like that always makes me tear up.

Not for an hour... but I just watched it again and I am certainly tearing up...

T-1.5 days. *Extremely emotional version of The Final Countdown begins playing*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.