Cassini's last year at Saturn

StupidAndy

4 hours ago, NSEP said:

Juno, your next pal.

I hope so, but it's quite a different probe. Spin stabilized, solar paneled (risk of micrometer damage?)  and a different range of instruments. But if it's possible to take it on a Jupiter (almost wrote Jool) moons tour afterwards, that would be amazing. But does it have the delta V?

2 hours ago, Canopus said:

So i did finish it but i can't say i'm too happy about how it turned out

Yeah, it gets the idea across, but not exactly a real show piece eh? To build this you must need the skills of a surgeon, and much patience. I wonder if that guy who made a paper kerbal a few years back could. 

My thoughts for if I try something like this again- stick parts on thicker card, print at larger size. 

Anyway, here are some Kassini photos:

Spoiler

XhfIbIB.png

Cassini has been made quite accurately here, with all instruments and most major systems represented- to the best of my knowledge. 

96ye6Yx.png

kb7HIUu.pngFinal flyby. Maybe Tylo would've been a better choice, for its orbital position, but Laythe is also big, and has atmosphere same as Titan. Note only one engine is firing. Ed0sCJv.pngy8xZ6df.png

6oTJS8q.pngHF0pSMp.pngSsYQRzH.pngDQkLmLL.png

And also, as a bonus, an image from an alternate reality where Cassini didn't like the idea of its mission ending, and decided to take it out on mission control.

9OB7uzl.png?1

(Because I used a few BD armoury parts to get the look of some  bits,  and figured I might as well use them,...)

Edited by Tw1

14 hours ago, Canopus said:

So i did finish it but i can't say i'm too happy about how it turned out

RfdfTgu.jpg

whvlCWz.jpg

Did you use regular copy paper? If so switch to cardstock. Having built a card model of Galileo and most recently one of Juno I can assure you'll have better results with the stiffer material.

Edited by Exploro

Hi all.

Last night I watched a BBC2 documentary called Horizon : Goodbye Cassini - Hello Saturn and it was brilliant so I thought id share the YouTube video with you.

It is well worth the watch so if you do take time to view it please tell me what you thought of it :)

Edited by maceemiller

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.