[1.7] KVV - Kronal Vessel Viewer = Exploded ship view

linuxgurugamer

On 23/11/2016 at 9:15 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

problem of the struts (and other parts) not hiding.

Why would you want to hide struts? Is it an option or an always hide thing?

Also, Iv'e installed it but how do I open it in the editor??

Edited by Majorjim!

23 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

It's better looking with the strut hided in exploded view, and yes it is toggleable.

You should have an icon "KVV" in the stock toolbar to open it.

Just now, Li0n said:

It's better looking with the strut hided in exploded view, and yes it is toggleable.

You should have an icon "KVV" in the stock toolbar to open it.

Hmm, downloaded from OP but no toolbar icon.. Latest KSP version.

1 minute ago, Majorjim! said:

Hmm, downloaded from OP but no toolbar icon.. Latest KSP version.

Check if you have the folder "KronalUtils" in GameData, easy to copy it without notice in another folder.

1 hour ago, Majorjim! said:

When showing a vessel in a ortho mode,  sometimes you won't want to show them.

Look for the button on the toolbar: KVV

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

When showing a vessel in a ortho mode,  sometimes you won't want to show them.

Look for the button on the toolbar: KVV

Yup, I saw it's an option, and understand. Thanks I got it working now.

Seems working on Linux with OpenGL and it makes me twice happier. The only thing working strange is "Auto Preview" mode which makes image flickering in strange way when enabled (probably need a video to describe it). How should it behave actually?

23 hours ago, ThirdOfSeven said:

Seems working on Linux with OpenGL and it makes me twice happier. The only thing working strange is "Auto Preview" mode which makes image flickering in strange way when enabled (probably need a video to describe it). How should it behave actually?

Is the whole screen flickering or only the preview window when you disable "Auto Preview" ? I run KSP on Windows 10 with Directx 9 and the preview window do flicker when "Auto Preview" is disabled. But it go black if I click on a sub-menu ("Color Adjust", "FXAA" or "Part Config").

@linuxgurugamer is this behavior (preview window going black) the purpose of this option ? I don't remember if older version behave the same.

On another hand I found a strange issue when KVV is installed along with RCS Build Aid, when both theirs windows are open a "grid" appears in the VAB, aligned with the rocket. Quite strange as this isn't a feature of neither mod (that I'm aware of). Closing one of the window dismiss the "grid". See the screenshot below :

Spoiler

t8Xc7iP.jpg

1 minute ago, Li0n said:

On another hand I found a strange issue when KVV is installed along with RCS Build Aid, when both theirs windows are open a "grid" appears in the VAB, aligned with the rocket. Quite strange as this isn't a feature of neither mod (that I'm aware of). Closing one of the window dismiss the "grid". See the screenshot below

The grid is from KVV, interesting that it appears like that.  I thought it wasn't active.

I'll have to take a look at it

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The grid is from KVV, interesting that it appears like that.  I thought it wasn't active.

I'll have to take a look at it

May I ask what is intended for ?

49 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Show com???

I'm probably going to pull it out into its own modlet

Yeah, dunno what to call it.  There are three button at the bottom left, one shows COM, one shows COL. One shows COT.  As in center of mass, center of lift, center of thrust.

Edited by tg626
Autocorrect sux

Thanks for the work.

I think my multi-kp monsters are eating KVV for lunch. But, it may also be the machine that I'm on, x86 vs. x64.  I'll try it on my other machine when I get a chance, and update accordingly.

21 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, tried this on some of  my larger builds to see how it would work out, got to say i love it and it's perfect for my 146+meter needs cheers

Hide contents

v92whgq.png

Umm... hate to tell you, but your naming and propulsion are all wrong.  That ship most closely resembles the US Navy's LCS-2 Independence class, which have four waterjets and are roughly 127m in length.  The scaling, particularly in the superstructure, is also off but it is only a game :wink: