[1.7] KVV - Kronal Vessel Viewer = Exploded ship view

linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer I'm building the Saturn MLV craft using RO, and I was wondering if there was a way to make KVV work for RO configured craft? For some reason KVV, never seems to explode the craft apart for me. Possibly it doesn't recognize the decouplers?

Also, I'd be interested in some way to include a scale (metres, or feet say) to include with the KVV picture, so it can be clear how tall the (unexploded) craft is?

Saturn MLV

6 hours ago, stratochief66 said:

@linuxgurugamer I'm building the Saturn MLV craft using RO, and I was wondering if there was a way to make KVV work for RO configured craft? For some reason KVV, never seems to explode the craft apart for me. Possibly it doesn't recognize the decouplers?

Also, I'd be interested in some way to include a scale (metres, or feet say) to include with the KVV picture, so it can be clear how tall the (unexploded) craft is?

Saturn MLV

Are the RO decouples different than regular decouplers?

I don't play with RO, have no idea what might be different.

Also, from what I just read, RO isn't 1.2 compatible yet, it's only up to 1.1.3.  Please ask your question over there.

Regarding the scale, feel free to write a shader for that.  I have no idea how to do it.  But if you do get it written, I'll gladly include it.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are the RO decouples different than regular decouplers?

I don't play with RO, have no idea what might be different.

Also, from what I just read, RO isn't 1.2 compatible yet, it's only up to 1.1.3.  Please ask your question over there

Apparently it doesn't work with the stock 0.625 docking ports either. At least on my system.

Edit ... I use the docking port single sided (acting like a normal decoupler).

Edited by Azimech

15 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Apparently it doesn't work with the stock 0.625 docking ports either. At least on my system.

Edit ... I use the docking port single sided (acting like a normal decoupler).

Works for me, so you must have a conflicting mod on your system.  I need a log file, please:

HMIKsT4.png

@Azimech, Just so you know, KVV looks for the following modules in parts to determine if they can be split apart:

• ModuleDecouple
  • ModuleAnchoredDecoupler
  • ModuleDockingNode
  • ModuleJettison
  • ModuleProceduralFairing
  • CModuleStrut
  • LaunchClamp

If KAS is installed:

• KASModulePort

If ProceduralFairings is installed:

• ProceduralFairingSide

So if something is changing the modulename, (ie:  a MM config file), that would cause your problem

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2017 at 6:34 PM, SquaredSpekz said:

Loving the mod. What happened to the Edge Detect features? Without it I cant create Wireframe Images. :(

Shaders broke and LGG didn't know if the feature was even used. I pointed out that this feature did have use in previous versions and LGG is currently seeking knowledgeable shader coders to help get it back in the mod. Dunno what the latest status of all that is. You should find the discussion a page or two back

Hi  - thanks for the great work on this mod, I love making blueprints of my crafts like this one:

newshuttle.png

So I was super psyched to see KVV updated... but this version doesn't seem to do the same look (see below):

kvvoldvsnew.png

It creates a much more 'photo' look than the 'drawn' look - is this what SquaredSpekz is talking about with the wireframe images? (Sorry, not the most technically minded person.)  

I made a zoomed in picture to show it better:

kvvzoomonold.png

Does anyone have suggestions on KVV Settings to achieve this look?

Thanks!

Edited by Saybur Stuff
Wrong picture uploaded initially.

On 2/22/2017 at 9:55 PM, eberkain said:

Just an FYI, I've been using KVV with Kerbalism and having no problems.

Further to your FYI, Kerbalism has been updated with a fix that means KVV should work now.

https://github.com/ShotgunNinja/Kerbalism/issues/66

...which is very handy, because I wanted to use KVV to export blueprints of my massive space station, so that I can look at print-outs of it as I'm building it in-flight. :P

EDIT: can confirm KVV is working perfectly with Kerbalism. :)

Edited by DavidHunter

• 4 weeks later...

Suggestion/Feedback:

The buttons used for reorienting the craft should be turned into sliders that go from 0 to (-)180.

I find it difficult attempting to finely tune the crafts orientation with my lead fingers.
Especially when I'm attempting to get shots like this:
HkzaCFf.png
I realize this might not've explained what I mean lol. What I mean is trying to get it perfectly lined up.

EDIT:
Off-topic, but anyone know why the preview screen would be all black with "active" on for Color Adjust and FXAA, and why turning off auto-preview makes it flash rapidly? I noticed this only happened after 1.2.0

Edited by stickman939

2 hours ago, stickman939 said:

Suggestion/Feedback:

The buttons used for reorienting the craft should be turned into sliders that go from 0 to (-)180.

I find it difficult attempting to finely tune the crafts orientation with my lead fingers.
Especially when I'm attempting to get shots like this:
HkzaCFf.png
I realize this might not've explained what I mean lol. What I mean is trying to get it perfectly lined up.

EDIT:
Off-topic, but anyone know why the preview screen would be all black with "active" on for Color Adjust and FXAA, and why turning off auto-preview makes it flash rapidly? I noticed this only happened after 1.2.0

This is a feature I have wanted too.  I will make a issue on github for it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2017 at 3:57 AM, Drew Kerman said:

Hey LGG you ever get a response from any of the shader gurus on the edge tracing feature of this mod?

Nope

37 minutes ago, W. Kerman said:

Sorry for bugging you, but does this mod work in 1.2.2?

yes

==========================================================================

Just so you know, this is a mod I'm not really comfortable supporting.  I can do the c# stuff, but the graphics stuff is not where I'm good.  So if someone would volunteer to take this over, I'd be happy to pass it over, or, to continue to support with someone else doing the graphis stuff

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hi, @Mr. Sandman, and welcome aboard! It seems like you tried to upload a picture, but we can't see it. To get it to appear on the forums, upload it to an image hosting site, such as Imgur, and link the direct picture here- it should end in .jpg, .png, or something similar.

16 hours ago, Mr. Sandman said:

Hi there!It's probably my fault (I'm doing something wrong for sure) , but I end up having a black screen on the KVV .Any idea on how to fix?Thanks!(I'm new to the forum)

I fixed it.I found that some graphical mods were Interfering with this mod.I solved by creating a new KSP folder without those graphical mods and use it for taking screenshots with the KVV mod

5 minutes ago, The Moose In Your House said:

is it available for 1.2.2 or 1.2.9?

Nearly all mods that worked in 1.2.1 work fine in 1.2.2, lncluding this mod.

I haven't tried 1.2.9 so I can't say if this works there