[1.7] KVV - Kronal Vessel Viewer = Exploded ship view

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

that problem was fixed a while ago. Where'd you see it still saying Kerbalism is incompatible?

Maybe, like, right at the top of the OP?

On 22/11/2016 at 8:01 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Incompatible Mod

• Kerbalism

6 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Maybe, like, right at the top of the OP?

Well, as a KVV and Kerbalism user if there is a serious incompatibility still I don't know what it is cause I don't have it. Again, pretty positive this was resolved as I do remember there being an issue in the past I guess LGG just forgot to update the OP - he juggles a lot of mods so wouldn't be a surprise if this were the case.

Yea, looking back he might have missed this post:

Edited by Drew Kerman

2 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Well, as a KVV and Kerbalism user if there is a serious incompatibility still I don't know what it is cause I don't have it. Again, pretty positive this was resolved as I do remember there being an issue in the past I guess LGG just forgot to update the OP - he juggles a lot of mods so wouldn't be a surprise if this were the case.

Yea, looking back he might have missed this post:

Thanks, I'll update the OP

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

Is there a way to manually extend the width/height that the screenshot makes? Right now (1.3.0) the sides are cut off for some reason on the screenshot, but it looks fine in-game.

It's not detecting that the solar panels are deployed. For now, just place some random parts and offset them far enough to trigger KVV to set a wider view to encompass them (and in so doing the extended panels as well), then delete the parts

I have the same issue with any wide rocket, not just with panels sticking out, but also SRBs etc. It seems to fixate on the main core and dismiss anything sticking out beyond that.

kvv3.png   kvv4.png

Would there be a way to just manually add X-pixels on each side, or even just use the area that is being shown in the VAB preview pane?

NB: On SSTU radial decouplers, the offset works inversely, pulling in the SRB instead of moving them away from the main core.

Edited by Jimbodiah

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know of a way to display the centre of lift, mass and thrust in the Kronal screenshots? I'm using KSP to demonstrate some concepts for a physics project, and I think the orthographic, plain background view of KVV looks more 'professional' than just standard screenshots. Thanks!

On 6/22/2017 at 2:19 PM, OswaldiusB said:

does anyone know of a way to display the centre of lift, mass and thrust in the Kronal screenshots?

It shows part nodes, so have you tried just toggling the CoM, thrust and lift balls visible and then opening the KVV window?

KMW Mk II Rover

17 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

It shows part nodes, so have you tried just toggling the CoM, thrust and lift balls visible and then opening the KVV window?

I just tried this, it only came up with the yellow crosshairs that outline the CoM, but not the centre of thrust or lift :/

32 minutes ago, OswaldiusB said:

I just tried this, it only came up with the yellow crosshairs that outline the CoM, but not the centre of thrust or lift :/

bummer. You'll just have to place the graphic there yourself is post-edit. No one will know if you're off by a few pixels :P

52 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

bummer. You'll just have to place the graphic there yourself is post-edit. No one will know if you're off by a few pixels :P

Fair enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Request to the mod-maker - please make viewing centre of mass, lift and thrust in the renders a feature! :D

8 minutes ago, Oxygentlemen said:

i put the contents of the gamedata.zip folder into my gamedata folder.

Which can actually go wrong in a number of ways, so this information is still not helpful at all. Please do what the post I linked to says and someone may be able to help you