[1.7] KVV - Kronal Vessel Viewer = Exploded ship view

linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 11:56 AM, DarkNounours said:

Hello community!

I have been successfully using this mod for VAB crafts but I am struggling with (space)planes in the SPH. It is fine to display a ship from its top, its down, from its front or its rear but I cannot orientate it to make a capture from its side.

How that would be possible ?

Work around it by rotating the entire craft 90°?

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I am quite lagging behind in terms of the version of my KSP. I am using 1.1.2. I really need this mod to generate blueprints of my craft for my real world science project. Can some one please help me get Kronal vessel viewer for  KSP 1.1.2 ? Or can someone let me know which version can work with 1.1.2 ?

On 4/29/2019 at 11:49 AM, Apurva Kawthalkar said:

Hi all, I am quite lagging behind in terms of the version of my KSP. I am using 1.1.2. I really need this mod to generate blueprints of my craft for my real world science project. Can some one please help me get Kronal vessel viewer for  KSP 1.1.2 ? Or can someone let me know which version can work with 1.1.2 ?

https://spacedock.info/mod/452/Kronal Vessel Viewer (KVV)

2 hours ago, Apurva Kawthalkar said:

Version Version_0.0.4_-_1.1_Pre for Kerbal Space Program 1.1

You are saying this would work ?

ok thanks will try .

It should. This is the last release by the original author for KSP 1.2

I tried the version that you suggested, there seems to be a problem, when I activate the mod in VAB, the screen of the mod UI shows all buttons and options but not the blueprint image instead it shows a pink window, be it 'colour adjust' , ' Edge detect' all options are showing the same pink window.

1 hour ago, Apurva Kawthalkar said:

I tried the version that you suggested, there seems to be a problem, when I activate the mod in VAB, the screen of the mod UI shows all buttons and options but not the blueprint image instead it shows a pink window, be it 'colour adjust' , ' Edge detect' all options are showing the same pink window.

Well, assuming you are on KSP 1.1.2, that is before my time.  You can try some of the earlier ones, found here:

https://spacedock.info/mod/452/Kronal Vessel Viewer (KVV)#changelog

Also, I mistyped earlier when I said that was the last version for 1.2, it should have read 1.1.2

11 minutes ago, Alex33212 said:

Is it possible to make an image... in-flight with this?

To the best of my knowledge, this only works in the building portion, not the flight portion of the game.

You can load the vessel into the VAB/Hanger and take shots of the different portions, and then stitch them together in an image editor.  Or you could load up the assorted portions, attach them in the VAB, and take a picture of the entire station, if that's what you're trying to do.

Just now, razark said:

To the best of my knowledge, this only works in the building portion, not the flight portion of the game.

You can load the vessel into the VAB/Hanger and take shots of the different portions, and then stitch them together in an image editor.  Or you could load up the assorted portions, attach them in the VAB, and take a picture of the entire station, if that's what you're trying to do.

ah yeah, might have to do something like that
Wanting to make an image in the style of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mir#/media/File:Mir_diagram.svg

Hi,

I have this kind of problem:

BxzGSB4.png

Excerpt from log file:

Spoiler

[WRN 13:13:58.543] [KVV] LoadShaders KVrVesselShot No replacement for KSP/Specular (Cutoff) (UnityEngine.Shader) in bluedog.AtlasV.FairingBase5xx (Part)/*/FairingPanel (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[WRN 13:13:58.543] [KVV] LoadShaders KVrVesselShot No replacement for KSP/Specular (Cutoff) (UnityEngine.Shader) in bluedog.AtlasV.FairingBase5xx (Part)/*/FairingPanel (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[WRN 13:13:58.591] [KVV] LoadShaders KVrVesselShot No replacement for SSTU/PBR/Metallic (UnityEngine.Shader) in torekka (Part)/*/panels (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[WRN 13:13:58.591] [KVV] LoadShaders KVrVesselShot No replacement for SSTU/PBR/StockMetallicBumped (UnityEngine.Shader) in dish.xihe (Part)/*/panel (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[WRN 13:13:58.592] [KVV] LoadShaders KVrVesselShot No replacement for SSTU/PBR/StockMetallicBumped (UnityEngine.Shader) in dish.xihe (Part)/*/panel (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[WRN 13:13:58.592] [KVV] LoadShaders KVrVesselShot No replacement for SSTU/PBR/StockMetallicBumped (UnityEngine.Shader) in dish.xihe (Part)/*/panel (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[WRN 13:13:58.592] [KVV] LoadShaders KVrVesselShot No replacement for SSTU/PBR/Metallic (UnityEngine.Shader) in torekka (Part)/*/panels (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[WRN 13:13:58.593] [KVV] LoadShaders KVrVesselShot No replacement for SSTU/PBR/StockMetallicBumped (UnityEngine.Shader) in dish.xihe (Part)/*/panel (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[WRN 13:13:58.593] [KVV] LoadShaders KVrVesselShot No replacement for SSTU/PBR/StockMetallicBumped (UnityEngine.Shader) in dish.xihe (Part)/*/panel (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[WRN 13:13:58.593] [KVV] LoadShaders KVrVesselShot No replacement for SSTU/PBR/Metallic (UnityEngine.Shader) in torekka (Part)/*/panels (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[WRN 13:13:58.594] [KVV] LoadShaders KVrVesselShot No replacement for SSTU/PBR/StockMetallicBumped (UnityEngine.Shader) in dish.xihe (Part)/*/panel (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[WRN 13:13:58.594] [KVV] LoadShaders KVrVesselShot No replacement for Standard (UnityEngine.Shader) in bluedog.Centaur.Avionics (Part)/*/polySurface5 (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[WRN 13:13:58.594] [KVV] LoadShaders KVrVesselShot No replacement for KSP/Specular (Cutoff) (UnityEngine.Shader) in bluedog.AtlasV.FairingBase5xx (Part)/*/FairingPanel (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
[WRN 13:13:58.594] [KVV] LoadShaders KVrVesselShot No replacement for KSP/Specular (Cutoff) (UnityEngine.Shader) in bluedog.AtlasV.FairingBase5xx (Part)/*/FairingPanel (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)

I assume this is due to me running DX11? Is there some kind of limitation, as in KVV is only working in DX9? Or is there some incompatibility with Textures Unlimited?

Thanks in advance

Edited by StarStreak2109

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I seem to be having a sort of issue while using B9 Procedural wings and KVV. The SU-30 is for some reason coloured in in some majestic colour pallet although it should simply be plain white. Adding a new wing seems to keep the same colour, here's the pictures.

EDIT: Reverting to SPH after launching from the runway seems to fix it, weird bug I suppose.
PVj4IZm.jpg

MqnMOCW.png

Edited by Sebastiaz

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 6:52 PM, Sebastiaz said:

Hi, I seem to be having a sort of issue while using B9 Procedural wings and KVV. The SU-30 is for some reason coloured in in some majestic colour pallet although it should simply be plain white. Adding a new wing seems to keep the same colour, here's the pictures.

EDIT: Reverting to SPH after launching from the runway seems to fix it, weird bug I suppose.
PVj4IZm.jpg

MqnMOCW.png

Well, the color used to be reproduced in KVV, although the actual coloring may not be accurate. I have much worse problem though. Currently on 1.7.2 and the KVV icon does not appear at all.